How to hire a Candidate
You can browse through our Candidate categories any time.
To shortlist or contact Candidates you must be registered as a Client and signed in.
Finding a Candidate is a simple four-stage process:
First briefly describe the assignment â€“ the job, project, task or contract you need a Candidate to do for you.
This will help our team match you with ideal Candidates so the more relevant information you can provide here the better.
A member of our team will call you at this point to discuss your assignment and clarify any further details. Your assignment will also be added to our free job board so Candidates can apply themselves.
More information on our permanent recruitment service.
Once a member of our team has spoken to you about your assignment we can find the best Candidates for you.
However, if you want to find Candidates yourself we've made it as easy as possible:
- All Candidates are listed by skills categories which you can browse, or you can search for a specific skill or skill combination.
- You can view individual Candidatesâ€™ skills lists and read their CVs by clicking on their ID number.
- Every rate you see on the site includes our fee.
- Some of our Candidates have ratings on their profile so you can see how successful their past work has been. But please ask us for information on their past work as well â€“ not all of our clients provide ratings!
- You can also see which of our freelancers have their own Ltd Company by looking for our Ltd badge .
- You can sort your Candidate lists by hourly rate, location, availability and ratings.When you have found a Candidate that meets your criteria you can add them to your shortlist. You currently have a maximum of 5 Candidates in your final shortlist but we can extend this for you if necessary.
- Once you are happy with your selection, click â€˜confirm final shortlistâ€™.
Once you have a final shortlist, we will contact each one to check their suitability, interest and availability. We will then provide you with a fully workable selection of candidates and their contact details.
At this point they will all have the details of your assignment (but not your contact details) and we can arrange phone or face-to-face interviews for you.
As part of both the Clients' and the Candidates' terms and conditions â€“ which are legally binding â€“ you confirm that contacts made, services purchased, or contracts gained through any of the people4 websites will be invoiced only through people4business Limited contracts and timesheets.
When you have chosen your successful Candidate, the contract details can be completed.
This will need to include:
- the duration of the contract;
- the invoice and timesheet frequency;
- the final hourly or daily rate that you have agreed; and
- whether or not you have given permission for your Candidate to claim overtime and expenses.
Once you and the Candidate have agreed the contract terms, the work can begin!
See our fee and invoicing system for more details.
Last updated 31.07.12