Equal opportunities policy
Equal opportunities policy
The Directors of People4business Ltd are wholeheartedly committed to the principal of Equal Opportunity both in its capacity as an employer and as a provider of services to others.
People4business is strongly committed to the belief that in our multi-cultural and diverse society every individual is entitled to be treated with fairness, dignity and respect and be given equal access to opportunities and activities. People4business recognises that fair treatment is a key motivating factor contributing to sound business performance and achievement as well as a legal requirement and moral obligation. People4business seeks to meet and exceed current legislative standards in this area.
People4business is determined to make all efforts to prevent discrimination or other unfair treatment against any of its staff, potential staff, or users of its services, regardless of race, gender, class, religion, ethnic or native origin, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age or physical disability.
To achieve our Equal Opportunities aims we will:
- Ensure all staff, potential staff and users of our services are treated with dignity and respect, valuing the diversity of all.
- Ensure equality of opportunity and diversity is promoted within our Company.
- Ensure our services are accessible, appropriate and delivered fairly to all.
- Ensure all employees understand our Equal Opportunities Policy and are committed to and involved in its delivery.
- Embed the concept of Equal Opportunities within our policies, procedures, day-to-day practices and external relationships.
- Recruit staff in a manner that takes no regard of the race, gender, class, religion, ethnic or native origin, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependents, age or physical disability of the candidates who apply or are selected for interview.
- Provide a recruitment service to our users that allows shortlisting of candidates based purely on their skills, experience, employment history, location, availability and price – providing no information at the shortlisting stage that would allow a user to discriminate against an individual selling their services through any of the People4 group of sites.
- Regularly evaluate and continually improve our processes while ensuring equality and diversity principles and best practice are embedded within the services we offer.
- Recognise and value the differences and individual contribution that all people make to our organisation.
- Challenge discrimination.
- Ensure all staff have an equal opportunity to progress within the Company based purely on merit and performance.
- Make all employees aware of their responsibility for ensuring their behaviour supports and contributes to the implementation of our Equality and Diversity Policy.
The overall responsibility for implementation of our Equal Opportunities policy throughout the company is vested with Duncan Taylor (Managing Director), and in which he is supported by Tanya Spicer(Financial Controller).
The Directors will conduct regular reviews of both the performance and relevance of this policy, annually or more frequently as required.
Managing Director, People4business Ltd
Date Signed 18th August 2011
Page updated 30.07.12