Freelance Chartered Director / Non-Exec / Strategic Advisor Heathfield, East Sussex, UK
Chartered Director. Experienced International business Executive, having started, owned and sold several technology and media-based enterprises. Particularly strong on board-level strategic planning and execution. Seeking Board-level strategic appointments, Boardroom Performance appraisal and enhancement projects, and Non-Executive roles. Interested in UK and non-UK roles.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£211.76 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£1694.12 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
30 June 2011: Great relationship with Phil and I would certainly work with him again.
24 November 2010: Great job - really took the project on board and applied some radical thinking.
Knowledgeable,dedicated, enthusiastic self starter. Always willing to go the extra mile.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
IoD Qualified Chartered Director
Have been involved in a range of technology- and service-oriented businesses including:-
Chairing the Board of the leading online freelance recruitment platform in the UK;
Non-Executive Director for SailTime, the world's leading sail membership company;
Created a global market-leading profitable software vendor for the newspaper industry (headquartered in the USA) through organic and acquisitive growth, turnover $55m+;
Fund-raising for several start-ups in the UK and North America;
Developed and implemented an international channel strategy for a NASDAQ-listed software house in the web-advertising space;
Prepared and secured the trade sale of an Italian-based software house with international subsidiaries;
Prepared and secured the trade sale for owners of an UK-based software house;
Advised a USA-based software house on acquisition & disposal strategy;
Created & launched consumer-oriented online safe storage platform;
Managing the creation of a country-wide web-advertising platforms for Brazil's leading media company;
Designed & implemented a global PR campaign for a Canadian-based content management business.
Overall, have direct executive management experience in UK, Europe, Asia, Australasia, USA & South America. Can provide more detailed information upon contact.
(Apr 2005 & ongoing)
Strategic Advisor to the BoardBrazil
I was retained by this leading Brazilian media group to advise them on the commercialisation of their internet presence.
During my stint here I have undertaken strategic analysis of the online space in Brazil and beyond, selected and negotiated contracts with suitable suppliers, directed design and delivery of websites and launched leading platforms for auto, real estate and recruitment.
From a zero-start, Associados and their newspaper partner brands now have Brazil's no.1 online real estate brand and the no.2 online auto brand. Recruitment is heading the same way.
We expect to add new audience-based propositions during 2010 as well as enhancing our multi-media content capture, aggregation and distribution capacity.
(Apr 2005 & ongoing)
Founder Director and subsequently Chairman of the Board of the UK's only legally-compliant fully end-to-end online contractor recruitment agency and provider of directory publishing platforms in the UK and overseas.
(Jan 2005 & ongoing)
Various consulting and interim executive roles as per Overview above. Can provide more detailed information upon contact.
(Oct 2009 to Sep 2010)
SailTime is the world's leading sailing membership company, operating across North America, Australia and Europe. The business makes it easier than ever to enjoy safe sailing in professionally managed boats at a fraction of the cost of exclusive ownership.
(Jun 2002 to Dec 2004)
President - Europe, Middle East & AfricaAtex Media Command, Europe
Ran enlarged EMEA business, responsible for US$55m turnover selling enterprise software into leading newspaper and media organisations
(Jul 2001 to May 2002)
CEOMedia Command, USA
Led business with US$22m turnover, US$3m+ profit, until leading merger with Atex to create Atex Media Command.
(Jul 1999 to Jun 2001)
Chief Operating OfficerGeac Publishing Systems, USA
Led global operations and then led management buy-out to create Media Command
(Apr 1995 to Mar 1999)
Managing DirectorMatrix Publishing Systems Ltd, UK
Led business and exited through trade sale to Geac Publishing Systems
Chartered Director - August 2010
(Apr 2010 to )
Royal Holloway University of London
Studying for MBA in International Management
(Nov 2009 to Nov 2009)
Institute of Directors
Passed Diploma in Company Direction
(May 2009 to May 2009)
Institute of Directors
Passed Certificate in Company Direction
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Business mentor: Business mentor for Middle-East based media business owner.
- New Business Sales and Marketing Strategy Development: New Business - Sales & Marketing Strategy Outline My website brings together two key areas of growth for the UK; eating out and social networking. Sites that allow comments linked to eating places are common. Most are advertising directories (e.g. Yellow Pages, Google Local, etc.) and a few are social networks (e.g. Tripadvisor, Twitter, etc.) but only mine actually enables you to methodically compare and contrast places to find out where’s good to eat.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Business Continuity
- Business Impact Analysis (Project Management)
- Change Management (Project Management)
- E-commerce (Project Management)
- EDIFact (Electronic Data Interchange)
- Financial Systems (Project Management)
- Full Project Lifecycle (Project Management)
- Internet (Project Management)
- Man Management (Project Management)
- Managing Suppliers (Project Management)
- Offshore Development (Project Management)
- Project Initiation Document (Project Management)
- Project Management (Project Management)
- Software Rollout (Project Management)
- Web Design (Web Design & User Experience)
- Business Development (Business Consulting)
- Business Integration (Business Consulting)
- Business Plan Creation (Business Consulting)
- Business Planning (Business Consulting)
- Business Reengineering (Business Consulting)
- Chartered Director (Business Consulting)
- Company Sale
- Company Start-up
- Company Turn-round (Business Consulting)
- Competitive Analysis
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Social Responsibility (Business Consulting)
- Downsizing (Business Consulting)
- e-Business Development
- Export Development (Business Consulting)
- Gap Analysis (Business Consulting)
- General Management (Business Consulting)
- Interim Managing Director (Business Consulting)
- International Commerce (Business Consulting)
- Investor Relations Management
- Joint Ventures
- Management Buy Out/In
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Multi-National Organisations
- Non Executive Directorships
- Organisational Development
- Profit Improvement
- Risk Analysis
- Sales Force Management (Business Consulting)
- Small Business Development (Business Consulting)
- SME Sector
- Strategic Analysis (Business Consulting)
- Venture Capital
- CRM Development (Sales Management/Strategy)
- Market Analysis (Sales Management/Strategy)
- Market Orientated Strategy (Sales Management/Strategy)
- Market Segmentation (Sales Management/Strategy)
- Presentation Delivery