Freelance Sales & New Business Development Freelancer Ontario
16 years sales & business development experience - events, advertising, delegate & subscription sales. Excellent at exceeding targets. Enjoy launch projects as well as revitalising existing ones!
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£44.71 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£357.65 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
Average / Appropriate
21 September 2008: A bright and enthusiastic person with good contacts within publishing sectors. Our brief was only part time so the challenge was to get our share of her time - which she accomplished.
09 May 2008: Becky is an exceptional sales person, within a very short time she had sold her first stand and lead from the front thereafter. I would not hesitate in recommending Becky to any future employers and wish her continued success in a career that she clearly excels in.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Having over sixteen years sales & business development experience predominantly in media and events I am well versed in sales & prospecting within a broad variety of industries and all management levels; for established events/ publications as well as start ups. Skilled in sponsorship, advertising, exhibition space, delegate places, subscriptions sales, lead generation and appointment setting.
Seven years as a freelancer has further enhanced my skills and I look forward to discussing your project with you.
(Sep 2006 & ongoing)
Sales & New Business Development FreelancerLondon
Utilising my experience in sales & management, I have been freelancing on a number of successful sales and business development projects since September 2006.
Clients ranging from B2C publications in Scotland, Trade Publications including the CBI’s Magazine Business Voice and also exhibition sales within Wireless Telecommunications and much more!
I work across a number of short, mid and long term contracts. To discuss your project further - do get in touch!
(Mar 2005 to Sep 2006)
Business Development ManagerLondon
Sales and sponsorship for events for two major clients – the CBI and CIA. One event was 93% new business worth £250,000, the other was 100% new business.
Magazine advertising and corporate subscription sales.
Exceeding all revenue targets and assisting and selling on variety of company products, business guides and online solutions.
Recruiting, training and managing a team.
Creating revenue increases of over 85%
(Apr 2004 to Mar 2005)
MMM & WMC Magazines Advertisement SalesWarners Publications Plc, Lincolnshire
Responsible for maintaining existing clients and increasing the company's share of their advertising spend.
Targeted new business and continuously grew existing business.
Achieved and exceeded all personal targets, by an average of 30%, increased existing advertiser spend. Personally generating in excess of £600,000 in revenue.
(Aug 2001 to Apr 2004)
Ran my own Business
Promoting and retailing Health & Nutrition products. Further enhancing my skills set and sales ability.
(Aug 2000 to Aug 2001)
Event Sales ManagerNational Magazine Events , London
Responsible for developing & implementing the team’s sales strategy, creating and sourcing sponsorship for exhibition space and features. Recruited, trained and managed a sales team.
Achieved a healthy level of brand involvement with the event as well as achieving revenue targets on the Prima Baby Show, whilst assisting on the Cosmopolitan Show.
(Sep 1998 to Aug 2000)
Sales ManagerBBC Good Food Shows , London
Responsible for the recruitment, training and management of the sales team.
Maintaining existing client base, while gaining new exhibitors and sponsors.
Achievements included ensuring the quality and core message of ‘good food’ was upheld.
Creating new and interesting show sectors. Setting team targets and ensuring they were exceeded.
(Oct 1997 to Sep 1998)
Event Sales ExecutiveThe Ideal Health Show , London
Responsible for establishing and sourcing the database, planning & implementing a sales strategy.
Main achievement was selling the concept of this one off event and having a balance of all areas of health represented. Generating approximately £200,000 in revenue – 100% new business.
(Feb 1997 to Oct 1997)
Inside Communications Sales ExecutiveBuild It Exhibitions , London
Responsible for a client base covering Central and West Midlands, the North of England and Scotland. Targeting and selling new and existing clients into thirteen annual exhibitions.
Over achieved targets and received two pay increases.
(Dec 1996 to Feb 1997)
Marketing Project Assistant – Work ExperienceMiddlesborough Evening Gazette, Middlesborough
Researched and implemented outline plans for two consumer shows; a motor show and a house and garden fair. Created Power Point sales presentations for the sales team based on TGI, RSGB data.
Achieved good office based work experience.
BA (Hons) Marketing
A Levels Media Studies and Photography
GCSEs English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Classical Studies, German, French
Photography and Computer Studies
Bronze Duke of Edinburgh Award
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Conference Telesales: Wanted: freelance telesales person with experience in conference / seminar delegate sales (preferably with financial services industry knowledge), cold calling, database cleaning and generating new sales leads. Budget would be approximately £120 a day (there are currently 3 seminars that need selling, and each will have at least 5 days devoted to them. More seminars are planned for 2012, so regular freelance work will be available to the right candidate).
- Marketing Executive: We are looking for a Marketing Executive for our company based in North West London, for 2-3 days a week for 3 months then possibly longer. -Sending emails for a conference weekly -Data selections for email broadcast -Creating links with third party websites and contras -Subscription marketing campaigns for acquisitions and trials for publications -Some analytics and seeking new data sources -InDesign experience useful
- Membership Sales Executive - Permanent: Membership Sales Executive – Cool Pet Industry Company - London £12K - £15K (Starting Basic) + OTE £40,000+ Uncapped commission structure Are you a talented sales professional capable of smashing targets if given the right product? If so we are currently recruiting ambitious and talented sales leaders for the role of Sales & Membership Executives to hit the ground running selling to a large sector of Individuals, SME business and Corporates our 'added value' online packages, products and
- Business Development : Business Development for a small but fast growing business coaching practice. The role holder will work on a basic day rate and a high commission package based on clients acquired. The role will require a combination of telemarketing, relationship building, direct mailing and other strategies as agreed from time to time. Principal KPI's are number of meetings arranged, number of attendees at free workshops and additions to e=marketing database.
- B2B: Email follow up, B2B. Objective is to get prospects to successfully complete a trial. Product - Analytical profiling, website analytics. Please apply for more details.
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Telemarketer, Ludlow, Shropshire, UK [£31.76 per hr]
( review)We have many years’ experience in generating high quality sales leads and appointments with decision makers in some of the UK’s leading companies. Now, as freelancers, we can bring this same breadth o..
- Seller 242301, Leighton Buzzard, Beds, UK [£9.41 per hr]
I am a dynamic self motivated and effective individual with a lot to offer in any aspect of the workplace, now from home. I specialise in customer service, sales support and administration.
- business developer, Southampton, Hampshire, UK [£17.65 per hr]
I am a home based freelance telemarketing / telesales consultant that enjoys selling, searching for clients, exceeding my targets. I am a very focused and determined person.
- Marketing Freelancer, Newbury, Hampshire, UK [£35.29 per hr]
( review)20 yrs experience with a major multi-national corporate - telecoms. I provide Marketing and Sales support on a freelance basis, delivering: business planning, copywriting, bid management, event manag..
- Seller 244770, Colchester, Essex, UK [£17.65 per hr]
Senior Sales Exec. Call centre services. Tele sales experience. Cold calling Meetings Presenting to companies Sending proposals contract Actioning Scripts/services Account Management.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Client Assessment (Sales Management/Strategy)
- Client Prospecting (New Business Development)
- Client Researching (New Business Development)
- Cold Calling (New Business Development)
- Competitor Analysis (Sales Management/Strategy)
- CRM Development (Sales Management/Strategy)
- CRM User Experience
- Market Analysis (Sales Management/Strategy)
- Meeting Generation (New Business Development)
- Presentation Delivery
- Presentation Preparation
- Product Sales
- Solution Sales
- Telesales (New Business Development)