Freelance Web Developer London, Greater London, UK
Experienced Web Developer (9 years) responsible for planning, developing and building web sites, online applications and communications for many big UK companies. Both bespoke and open source skills.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£70.59 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£564.71 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
A nine year career in the Internet industry beginning in proprietary software development and culminating in leading, managing and planning web, mobile and digital TV applications.
Hands-on development experience and skills-set covering the same period, including major development technologies, server environments and application design.
In-depth knowledge and year on year experience of accepted industry standards and web accessibility.
Development of online sites and applications across a range of operating systems and completely cross-browser compatible.
A pro-active understanding of technology for use in today’s marketing, promotion and business development.
(Oct 2006 & ongoing)
Set-up, management, running and development of Digi Nut, a digital media company specialising in web site design, web development, web application development, data driven web sites and e-commerce solutions. Working with a network of company's and providers. See www.digi-nut.co.uk for more information.
(Nov 2005 to Sep 2006)
Head of Web DevelopmentLondon
Head of Development for a small but busy agency in the heart of Covent Garden. Role covers all aspects of development, online communication and technical implementation. The role also encompasses a large project management element, working closely with diverse clients from a range of industries. I continue to work with Carbon on a freelance basis. Main clients: Interoute, Alexander Mann, Akamai, IRCA, The Child Bereavement Trust.
(Dec 2004 to Nov 2005)
Lead Project ManagerWunderman (UK), London
To plan, manage and execute a broad range of technical projects and marketing solutions including online communications, data capture and retention, web sites, smart/rich clients and web applications (.NET framework). A client-facing role from the initial concept through to completion managing the full life cycle of a project from resource planning and system integration to budgetary concerns. Main client: Microsoft.
(Feb 2000 to Nov 2004)
Lead Developer and Project ManagerStart Creative, London
To lead, manage and deliver a range of projects over a number of platforms and technologies, on time and to budget. Technical writing, budget estimates, project plans and client proposals. Managing client expectations and first point of contact/technical lead for projects, both when ran solely by Start or as part of collaboration between a number of companies. Platforms include web, mobile, and digital TV. The role was split between project management and hands-on development. The in-house Content Management System was Immediacy. Main clients: Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Mobile, Royal Mail, USwitch, BBC, thetrainline.com.
(Feb 1999 to Jan 2000)
Web Developer and Account ManagerDaily Telegraph, London Docklands
Dual role working on the award-winning telegraph.co.uk web site and other intranet, extranet and stand alone micro sites. Second role, Account Manager, included managing numerous clients using the Telegraph online advertising system.
(Sep 1996 to Sep 1997)
Data Analyst/Scripter and Account ManagerPhonelink PLC, Liverpool and London
Time at Phonelink started with a placement year during university in 1996. Main responsibilities during this time included updating of the commerce catalogue, writing marketing documents and proposals, working with the software developers and writing the catalogue front-end scripts. The Account Management position, once graduated, involved managing client expectations, liasing with technical team and Project Managers, writing client briefs and creating technical proposals. The placement year was an excellent working introduction to Internet technology and proprietary software development. During my final year at university I was contracted by Phonelink to work on various web-based projects, which helped to cement this experience. Main clients: Kays, Dunn & Bradstreet, The AA.
(Sep 1994 to Sep 1998)
Liverpool John Moores Business School
BA (Hons) Business Studies
Modular degree including: Economics, Business Accounting, Marketing, Marketing Research, Operations Management, Small Business, International Business, Strategic Management, Organisational Behaviour and a dissertation based on my 1997 industrial placement. The dissertation studied Internet and related technology and the impact on electronic commerce, for which I received a First.
- Find Web Developers with Web Development skills in London.
- Find Web Developers with Development skills in London.
- Find Web Developers with Project Management skills in London.
- Find Web Developers with Small Business skills in London.
- Find Web Developers with Project Manager skills in London.
- Find Web Developers with Lead Project Manager skills in London.
- Find Web Developers with Web Design skills in London.
- Find Web Developers with Application Development skills in London.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Technical Lead: Technical Lead: We are looking for an experienced technical lead to undertake the technical design and overall responsibility of or facilitating the major technical decisions in the development of a web interface for a handheld medical monitoring device. The project will initially involve the development of a proto-type web interface which will be tested by selected patients with a view to rolling it out nationally.
- Website Designer: Website UI Design
- Analyse/Spec/Design/Produce a web based database : Analyse/Spec/Design/Produce a web based database for a print/distribution company. Example Modules would be: Estimating/Quoting Production Delivery & Stock Control Invoicing (to follow) Technologies: SQL + asp or asp.net
- LAMP Developer: We require an excellent LAMP developer to assist in the development of an eCommerce module and tools within our bespoke CMS.
- PHP/ MySQL Developer : In need of PHP/ MySQL developer to assist on development of internal CMS and associated front end websites.
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Freelance Web Developer, London, UK [£35.29 per hr]
I am a freelance web developer, primarily working in the media world, on sites for artists, publications, productions, designers and merchandisers.
- Freelance Conversion Rate Optimisation, Romsey, Hampshire, UK [£117.65 per hr]
I'm a Senior Freelance Information Architect specialising in Usability Testing & Conversion Rate Optimisation in the UK. Essentially, I help convert website visitors into customers.
- Seller 246317, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK [£47.06 per hr]
Freelance web designer and developer based in Cambridge. I specialize in the latest web 2.0 technologies, Ruby on Rails and AJAX in order to create slick, high quality websites on time and on budget.
- Microsoft Certified Silverlight Partner, Woking, Surrey, UK [£79.41 per hr]
( review)Veteran Freelancer with several £million+ global projects completed to date. Now focussing on SMEs. Silverlight 2/3/4 expert, SQL Server 2005/2008. Need a website, POC, demo or RIA? Contact me.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Project Management
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Web Design & User Experience
- Web Development/Prog
- Web E-commerce
- .NET (Project Management - Microsoft)
- Adobe (Web Design & User Experience)
- ASP (Programming)
- ASP.NET (Programming)
- Campaign Management (Project Management)
- ColdFusion (Web Development/Prog)
- Content Management
- Databases (Project Management)
- Design (Project Management)
- DHTML (Project Management)
- Dreamweaver (Web Design & User Experience - Macromedia)
- E-commerce (Project Management)
- Excel (Project Management - Microsoft)
- Extranet (Project Management)
- Fireworks (Web Design & User Experience - Macromedia)
- Flash (Web Design & User Experience - Macromedia)
- Freehand (Web Design & User Experience - Macromedia)
- FrontPage (Web Design & User Experience - Microsoft)
- FrontPage (Web Development/Prog - Microsoft)
- IIS (Web Development/Prog)
- Internet (Project Management)
- Large Company - UK (Project Management)
- Macromedia (Web Design & User Experience)
- Microsoft (Project Management)
- Microsoft (Web Design & User Experience)
- Microsoft (Web Development/Prog)
- Multiple Projects (Project Management)
- OLE DB
- Online Payment Systems (Web E-commerce)
- PC Hardware
- Photoshop (Web Design & User Experience - Adobe)
- PHP (Web Development/Prog)
- PostgreSQL (Programming - SQL)
- PowerPoint (Project Management - Microsoft)
- Project (Project Management - Microsoft)
- Project Initiation Document (Project Management)
- Project Management (Project Management)
- Project Support (Project Management)
- Public Sector (Project Management)
- SharePoint (Web Design & User Experience - Microsoft)
- SharePoint (Web Development/Prog - Microsoft)
- SQL (Programming)
- SQL Server (Programming - SQL)
- Technical Documentation (Project Management)
- VBScript (Web Development/Prog - Microsoft)
- Visio (Project Management - Microsoft)
- Visual Basic (Programming - Visual Studio)
- Visual Basic .NET (Programming - Visual Studio)
- Visual C# (Programming - Visual Studio)
- Visual Studio (Programming)
- Web Design (Web Design & User Experience)
- Web Development (Web Development/Prog)
- Web Services (Project Management)
- Website Strategy
- Word (Project Management - Microsoft)
- XHTML (Web Development/Prog)
- XSLT (Web Development/Prog)
- Acrobat (Adobe)
- Animator (GIF)
- Banner Advertisements (Design)
- Business to Business (Writing)
- Business to Consumer (Writing)
- Business Writing (Writing)
- Commercial Design (Design)
- Copywriting (Writing)
- Creative Writing (Writing)
- Digital Media Creation (Broadcasting)
- Digital Still Images (Broadcasting)
- Graphic Design
- Icons (Design)
- IT & Internet (Writing)
- Macromedia Flash MX
- Marketing Copy (Writing)
- Newsletters (Writing)
- Office Suite (Microsoft)
- Photoshop (Adobe)
- Photoshop CS2 (Broadcasting)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Web Content (Writing)