Freelance Human Resources Project Manager Neston, Cheshire, UK
An internationally experienced Human Resources Project Manager and Senior Consultant specialising in evaluation and metrics. Highly experienced in the design, implementation and integration of recruitment, selection and assessment, learning and development and performance management initiatives and other human resource systems at all organisational levels, including the use of competencies and psychometrics. Instrumental in strategising and implementing organisational change and high-involvement programs and initiatives. Has consulted and managed in a wide variety of sectors and industries. Extensive exposure to national and multi-national organisations having lived in 5 countries and operated in over 30 others.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£47.06 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£376.47 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
John has consulted with organisations across a diverse range of industries and cultures. His client applications in the last several years have included industries as diverse as Automotive, Financial, I.T./Computing, Retail, Utility, Transport and Manufacturing, including organisations in both the private and public (Government, both national and local, and NGO's) sectors. He has extensive experience of working with corporate management in several cultures, particularly European (both EU and Eastern), North American and Japanese.
His particular experience of applying integrated human resource solutions has included extensive exposure in wide-ranging selection and assessment technologies. Examples include:
- A large competency modelling program for the Gillette Group looking at global core and management competencies across the most senior roles in the organisation to give focus to management development and succession planning initiatives;
- In Ireland with a major utility where core organisational, divisional and management competencies were used for accelerating change to meet deregulated competition;
- In Russia where management and sales competency profiling was used as a way of integrating diverse former Soviet cultures;
- With the United Nations in leading the design and implementation of an assessment centre for the senior management positions of Resident Coordinator (¡§Ambassador¡¨) worldwide; and
- For a major pharmaceutical firm in designing and implementing development centres in conjunction with their Management Development Programme.
Plant start-ups have also been a focus for John during his consulting career. Since the mid-eighties he has personally been responsible for the project leadership on the selection and assessment systems for many plant start-ups around the world (inc. Mexico, Thailand, China, Poland, Portugal, India, USA and the UK), involving some 20,000 positions and well over half-a-million applicants. This leadership has included advising and consulting on the vision and strategy, HR technology design and selection and assessment implementation and management. For several projects he has lived on-site, whilst with others he has been a key advisor.
John has extensive experience in the design and application of multi-rater (360¢X) feedback programs (e.g., Rolls Royce in the U.K.; General Motors throughout Europe; and Boehringer Ingelheim with a worldwide initiative); he has consulted on, designed and delivered comprehensive applications and installations of IT-based HR solutions, along with of course, the design, application and implementation (including training) of selection and assessment systems and instruments.
During the 1990¡¦s John had considerable exposure in helping organisations set their vision, values and direction for organisational change, as well as being instrumental with client organisations in helping to strategise and implement change and high-involvement programs and initiatives.
John also has considerable experience in presenting, training and public speaking, such as being the closing keynote speaker at CitiGroup¡¦s annual sales conference in New York City in 1998. He is certified as a master trainer in several technologies and has designed, written and implemented many skill-building workshops. John is a qualified Psychometrician.
Qualified SHL Level A+B
(Sep 1982 to Jun 1985)
BA (Hons.) Economics and Management Accounting
Key Client List
- Allied Distillers
- Bayer PLC
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bridgestone Firestone
- Cadbury Schweppes
- Chase Manhattan
- Coca Cola
- Dell Computer Corp.
- ESB Ireland
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors
- NatWest Bank
- Owens Corning
- Phillip Morris
- Rank Xerox
- R.J. Reynolds
- Sun Microsystems
- United Nations (UNDP)
- VW (AutoEuropa)
- Find Project Managers with Implementation skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Change skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Leadership skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Senior Project Manager skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Oracle skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Manufacturing skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Design skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Sales skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Training skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with PLC skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Management Development skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Senior Management skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Implementation Management skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Automotive skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Programme Management skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Recruitment skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Organisation skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Performance Management skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Development skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Applications skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with IT skills in Neston.
- Find Project Managers with Government skills in Neston.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- We are at the moment developing an online service for evaluation of competencies required for various administrative office roles. The goal is to provide people that are about to be tested for a job an opportunity to experience these sorts of test and train for them with our service. We are therefore currently in need of 40 Situational Judgment Tests (SJTs) that would be constructed according to the below description and fit a general administrative role for a nonspecific line of business (like
- HR Manager : We require an HR Manager/consultant to organise a graduate recruitment day, including psychometric / personality testing and interviews.
- HR Consultant: We are currently looking for HR professionals to back up our Clients as an outsourced HR department. This will include auditing current poisitions rewriting or creating documentation and backing up with telephone advice.
- HR Consulting Assignment: To carry out a manpower and skills planning project for a UK manufacturing company. This will entail: Evaluating the organisation’s strategic objectives and associated plans to obtain information needed for workforce planning purposes and identify any key issues for further consideration; Identifying the type of skills, knowledge, understanding and experience required to undertake current and planned organisational activities; Reviewing capacity and capability of the current workforce to meet
- Recruitment Consultancy: Consultancy in order to win a recruitment contract for senior positions with a local authority based in the Midlands
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Seller 244149, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK [£35.29 per hr]
Highly experienced, passionate & dynamic freelance recruiter.Experience within Sales,Marketing, IT,Contact Centres in Financial Services,Commerical&Health Sectors.Assessment centre design.
- HR Consultant , Preston, Lancashire, UK [£41.18 per hr]
( review)A reliable, affordable HR and employee relations consultant. I have excellent generalist expertise with HR project management and planning skills. My recent assignments include managing OD, change a..
- Seller 256426, Manchester, Lancashire, UK [£29.41 per hr]
( review)HR Consultant with extensive generalist and strategic exp. I offer regular HR Support or help with one off projects such as policies and procedures/appraisal systems/recruitment process review / etc.
- Seller 256738, Warrington, Cheshire, UK [£70.59 per hr]
HR experience leading projects in coaching, graduate/management devt. & recruitment, leading change, culture devt., career & talent devt, learning & development, managing redundancy & outplacement.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Corporate/HR Strategy
- Employee Relations
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- Training & Development
- Agency Management (Recruitment)
- Appointments (Recruitment)
- Appraisal Training (Performance Management)
- Appraising Performance (Performance Management)
- Business Performance (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Career Development (Training & Development)
- Career Management (Training & Development)
- Career Progression (Talent Management)
- Careers Fairs (Recruitment)
- Change Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Communication Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Competency Testing (Recruitment)
- Course Material Development (Training & Development)
- Culture Assessment (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Culture Change (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Employee Surveys (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Employee Surveys (Employee Relations)
- Executive Development (Training & Development)
- Exit Interviews (Talent Management)
- Graduate Development (Training & Development)
- Graduate Recruitment (Recruitment)
- HR Infrastructure (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Operations (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Process Design (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Induction Process (Recruitment)
- Induction Training (Training & Development)
- Interim Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Interviewing (Recruitment)
- Knowledge Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Leadership (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Leadership Development (Training & Development)
- Managerial Development (Training & Development)
- Managing Difficult People (Performance Management)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Online Recruitment (Recruitment)
- Outsourcing Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Private Sector (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Progression Planning (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Progression Planning (Training & Development)
- Progression Planning (Talent Management)
- Psychometric Testing (Recruitment)
- Public Sector (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Reference Checking (Recruitment)
- Staff Morale (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Staff Retention (Talent Management)
- Talent Recognition (Talent Management)
- Team Building (Performance Management)
- Team Building (Training & Development)
- Team Building (Talent Management)
- Competitive Analysis
- Course Delivery (HR Consulting - Training)
- Course Design (HR Consulting - Training)
- Employee Communications (HR Consulting)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- HR Plans (HR Consulting)
- HR Policies (HR Consulting)
- HR Strategy (HR Consulting)
- Interim HR Director (HR Consulting)
- Job Evaluation (HR Consulting)
- Large Company - UK
- Management Development (HR Consulting)
- Needs Analysis (HR Consulting - Training)
- Organisational Development
- Performance Related Rewards (HR Consulting)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Project (Microsoft)
- Psychometric Testing/Analysis (HR Consulting)
- Recruitment - Executive (HR Consulting)
- Recruitment - Staff (HR Consulting)
- Redundancy (HR Consulting)
- Sales Training (HR Consulting)
- SME Sector
- Team Building (HR Consulting)
- Training (HR Consulting)
- Visio (Microsoft)
- Word (Microsoft)