Freelance Messaging Engineer / Project manager Woking, Surrey, UK
Proactive, target driven IT development and support professional, with transferable skills gained within diverse industries.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£52.94 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£423.53 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
27 May 2010: Dan is very creative and applies this ability to his development work. The systems that he has created stand the test of time and are still very much at the heart of our processes today. Always conscious of the end client and thier use of the developed software, even his video help files are small works of art ! Yes I would definitely use Dan again !
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Delivers a high quality level of support and maintenance, leads and supports critical projects to tight time frames. Conceptualises and builds technical solutions to achieve business requirements; a strong team player who interfaces effectively at all enterprise levels.
(Oct 2010 to Dec 2011)
Groupware & Messaging SpecialistLondon
• Third line support of the messaging infrastructure for the UK and Groupware applications, Lotus Notes, Domino, Sametime, Microsoft OCS, Kofax infrastructure, Axs One compliance system.
• Third line user support and support of desktop and remote teams. User support of Blackberry devices and BES configuration.
• Training of the desktop and remote support teams on Lotus Notes and current issues.
• Dealing with 3rd party support queries with application vendors, such as IBM and Axs One.
• Trained in installing and configuring Microsoft Exchange server 2010
• Support of the Microsoft 2007 environment.
• Involved in the Notes to Exchange Migration project.
(Feb 2010 to Jul 2010)
Lotus Notes Domino Administrator
• Successfully used earlier experience to migrate to Notes 8 and supported the Notes 8.5 platform project.
• Helped put together new virtual server environment then moved all servers to improve machine capacity by 100%.
• Investigated and installed single application-wide password usage to bring Notes in line with other applications.
• Amended policies to ensure that password expiry complied with Sarbanes Oxley; set up user accounts, used ID Vault for security.
(Jun 2009 to Jan 2010)
Technical Lead: Contract
Technical Lead; Migration to Lotus Notes 8 Technical lead for PershingLtd.
• Planned the migration of Users, Applications and Shared Resources into the Notes 8 environment.
• Testing of the Notes 8 client and build packages on desktop machines.
• Testing of Notes 8 on the Citrix servers using VMWare.
• Supported users at all levels through the migrations, and constructed help documentation.
(Oct 2007 to May 2009)
Technical Specialist Lotus Notes: Contract
Specification and Design of Notes Applications and 3rd line Lotus Notes, Domino and Blackberry Support.
• Third line support of the messaging system and infrastructure for Pershing UK.
• Design of a vendor contract management system to ensure timely licence and contract renewal
• Business process analysis of the Joiners, Movers and Leavers functions
• Design of a database workflow application to fully replace the “Joiners Movers Leavers” processes
• Management of the development projects I have worked on.
• Prediction and planning for Domino disc space expansion.
• Scheduled and emergency Domino administration tasks to ensure a
• Configuration of Blackberry devices and upgrade of Blackberry enterprise server software.
• Blackberry user administration and support.
(Jan 2007 to Oct 2007)
Remedy Assignment Manager-Contract
Assignment and distribution of 3rd line Notes support incidents, keeping SLA.
• A member of the third line support team for Messaging and Notes Services UK.
• Distribution of third line support incidents ensuring resolution within Service Level Agreements.
• Small development projects and enhancements
• Reporting on SLAs to management and improving both the reporting and SLA Statistics.
(Oct 2001 to Jan 2007)
Lotus Notes DeveloperLondon
Full Development Life cycle, hardware and software, maintenance and support.
• One of a small team of developers tasked with: full life cycle new application development including hardware architecture and software. Development support of mission critical Notes applications and meeting with all parties involved from users with specifications, to management reporting.
• Project development in Notes versions 4, 5, 6 and now 7 and upgrading systems to 5, 6 and intranet.
• Development of browser based applications to fit into the group intranet; Management of projects.
• Current project: To install a new domino platform for email and applications, and migrate all applications and email users to the new platform.
• Architecture specification for the development and testing of the new platform.
• Created and developed a Notes based appraisal system from a simple HR Word document, then…
• Developed the client based appraisal system into an intranet based, group wide application: Including hardware specification and architecture design, software design and build, web based administration, secure HR area, and completion and grading statistics.
• Developed an archiving application for the purchasing system.
• Designed an ordering interface for the stock inventory to order through Lawson (oracle).
• Developing an interface from the ad hoc payments application to Lawson Financials.
• Conceived and developed an enterprise wide, Group Intranet portal and proposed new architecture for the application.
• Designed the intranet directory update facility.
• An intranet and notes client based holiday system, including requesting and approval workflow
• Designed an intranet user interface to the advertising helpdesk system.
• Wrote a java based Email synchronisation checker, for administering server clustering.
• Wrote a “Scan to Intranet” Newspaper cuttings workflow.
• Designing an email group administration system for the corporate communications department
(Jul 2001 to Oct 2001)
ContractorSphere IT Clients, Hampshire
Passed my Notes R5 CLP exams. Client site consulting at Sphere IT clients.
(Aug 1999 to Jun 2001)
Dev/Support AnalystUBS Warburg, London
• Worked with the Developers running the application Architecture for the HR Appraisal system.
• Provided development and second line support for the Human Resources department, and users of the HR Domino intranet and Notes applications; Basic understanding of PeopleSoft 6.
• Operated, administered and controlled access to all HR domino intranet applications, including the global appraisal and the training course booking systems, each serving 50,000 users on 20 servers.
• Proposed and Developed LotusScript based functional improvements and admin procedures.
• Migration development and thorough testing of Notes 4.6 to revision 5.
• “Notes Pump” (now LEI) data feed Administration, and Server load balancing.
• Redesigned the structure of the HR enquiry centre Notes Domino system.
• Wrote a system to propagate business name changes throughout the Domino intranet applications.
• Proposed and designed an access Group management facility for the appraisal system
(Jul 1996 to Jul 1999)
Domino Applications engineerFuture Electronics, Slough
Sole company Lotus Notes and Domino “guru”
• Designed and built a Lotus Notes Rev 4 engineering project tracking function including: Customer tracking, parts selection and project life cycle.
• Expanded the single database into multi databases for all European Engineers.
• Installed a single Domino server dialup system for all Engineers.
• Re-designed the databases after nine months field use, taking in many user suggestions, greater functionality: (device tracking, commission and contract customers) and using a larger server.
• Transferred all data into the new databases, and developed a Domino front end.
• Designed a LotusScript tool for component volume prediction, using project tracking data.
• Designed a LotusScript manufacturer reporting tool using the project tracking data.
• Knowledge of products from Microchip, Motorola, Zilog, Dallas and Temic.
• Customer technical support, and manufacture liaison.
(Jan 1996 to Jun 1996)
Maintenance EngineerFirst Inertia Switch, Farnborough
• Running robotic production machines. Planned and emergency maintenance.
• Acquired knowledge of pneumatics and “Siemens” industrial control
(Sep 1992 to Jul 1995)
University of Southampton
B.Eng. Honours degree in Electrical Engineering. 3rd Year Project: “Computer Assisted Learning”
( 1985 to 1992)
3 ‘A’ Levels: Physics (B), Chemistry (C), Maths (D). 11 GCSE’s grade A-C
Lotus Notes & Domino Proficiency: Notes CLP Rev 5
In-Depth Design, Development and Admin of Notes version 4.11 onwards through 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Operating systems: NT 3.51 forwards including 2K and XP, Vista. Unix, AIX, Linux.
Trained in: J2SE Java training course, (March 2005); J2EE for Domino developers (2006).
Other Employment History:
7-11 Linco Neighbourhood Stores
Stock Controller: Jul 1995 - Dec 1995
Order processing on a daily and weekly basis. Ordering and supplier liaison, for all chilled products
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Website designer: Website designer required to design website and load it to domain name.
- Microsoft-certified trainers: Microsoft-certified trainers required for Glasgow-based company ==== Qualifications required: = Microsoft certified professional trainer = Microsoft certified desktop support technician = Microsoft certified master instructor = Microsoft office specialist - Master qualification = Training – Microsoft Project, Lotus, VBA, Visio, Websites, HTML, CSS, Crystal Reports = ECDL = Bespoke applications training Experience required: = Presented and developed training courses.
- Intranet consultant: Intranet manager required for consultancy on redesign and development of one Group Intranet as a major internal communication channel to help fulfil the "self-service" information culture of the Group Internal Comms strategy.
- Blackberry Business Apps Developer: Blackberry Business Apps Developer required for ongoing development of Blackberry client server applications. Based on html as well as thin and fat client. iPhone and Android experience desirable not essential. Blackberry is a pre-requisite as is experience with Blackberry Enterprise Server. Probably from one to 4 weeks, depending on progress.
- Lotus Notes Installation: I need the installation of a Lotus Notes Express Collaboration License. Purpose: I will sell a Lotus Notes database and provide hosting to various customers. I do not need any email configuration. Please advise whether you can do it, what would be your first price estimate. Thank you
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Application Development
- Database Development & Admin
- Foreign Languages
- IT Tools/Middleware
- Operating Systems
- Project Management
- Software Testing
- Web Design & User Experience
- Web Development/Prog
- Application Architecture (Application Development)
- Application Integration (Application Development)
- Application Migration (Project Management)
- Databases (Project Management)
- DHTML (Project Management)
- Domino Go (Web Development/Prog)
- DOS (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Exchange Server (IT Tools/Middleware - Microsoft)
- HP (Hardware)
- IBM (IT Tools/Middleware)
- Lotus Domino (Application Development)
- Microsoft (Operating Systems)
- Microsoft (IT Tools/Middleware)
- MQSeries (IT Tools/Middleware - IBM)
- PC Servers (Hardware - HP)
- PHP (Web Development/Prog)
- Russian (Foreign Languages)
- Spanish (Foreign Languages)
- SQL (Project Management)
- System Architect (IT Tools/Middleware)
- Technical Servers (Hardware - HP)
- Visio (IT Tools/Middleware - Microsoft)
- Web Design (Web Design & User Experience)
- Web Development (Web Development/Prog)
- Win32 (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows 2000 (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows 2003 (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows 7 (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows NT (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows XP (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Wintel (Operating Systems)
- XHTML (Web Development/Prog)
- XSL (Web Development/Prog)
- XSLT (Web Development/Prog)