Freelance Chartered Occupational Psychologist, HR Consultant London, UK
I'm Charterd Occupational Psychologist, with experience in the design and delivery of assessment centres, Occupational Health Assessments, selection and training. I have Level A & B Personality and psychometric Testing & BPS/HPC member on the register of Expert Witnesses.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£100.00 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£800.00 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I am a determined Professional and Qualified Occupational Psychologist, who has the ability to use her own initiative, is flexible and highly motivated. I have working experience of developing myself within Training, Development, Selection & Assessment and Human Resources and am committed to a career in these fields and other relevant areas.
2008 to Present
Independent Psychologist - For Various Companies
• Successfully undertaking Fit for work Assessments & writing Medico-legal reports in collaboration with insurance companies, Workstation assessment companies and Occupational Health.
• Effectively writing psychological assessment reports,
• Effectively choosing and undertaking psychometric testing & giving 121 coaching and feedback, undertaking 121 sessions
• Making clear recommendations to clients.
• Undertaking Learning Needs and Dyslexia Assessments upon request
February 2011 to Current:
• Successfully delivering brief Psychological Therapy to a number of varying clients through NHS referral
• Undertaking assessments for suitability for therapeutic services
October 2010 to Current
Joseph Sutton Solicitors
• Undertaking psychological assessment from legal referrals.
• Ensuring all recommendations were implemented unless justifiable
I deliver personality feedback for selection and coaching as well as psychometric testing. I have worked on a number of OD assignments that have involved re-defining roles, job descriptions and assisting employees through periods of major organisational change or unemployment. Consequently, I have a number of direct clients that I provide these services for as well as interviewing and 121 consultation with regards to assessment and development strategy and processes. I also undertake 121 coaching sessions.
I have recently undertaking assignments doing workplace assessments. This has involved seeing referrals from insurance and solicitors. I have been undertaking 121 assessments for fitness to work and I have been making recommendations regarding fitness to work, DDA and early retirement. This has involved following up with sessional work as appropriate for clients.
This has also involved making recommendations on the following:
Return to work programme
fitness to work
changes to work environment recommendations (if appropriate)
working with occupational health
psychometric and personality testing
121 sessional and mediation work after initial assessment
I have been currently working with Equanomics UK and Operation Black Vote to put together the Race Manifesto, focussing on improving the balance for ethnic minorities through political change. The government have agreed to uphold and was launched in March 2010.
I was the main contributor in the areas of Employment & Mental Health within the BAME community. I am currently still working in collaboration with these organisations to make recommendations for the government to take forward in this area regarding equality and diversity.
(Links and manifesto are available on request)
ALSO RUN EQUALITY AND DIVERSITY SESSIONS AT CONFERENCES
Additionally, I have design experience with regards to assessment centres, training and inductions and design and deliver training that may have a psychological context. Some examples of training I have delivered:
Team Roles (Belbin)
Psychology of Work
Leadership & Motivation
Equality & Diversity
Managing Sickness Absence
Action Learning Faciltation
Human Resource Management & Capacity Planning
Selection & Assessment
Some of the Clients I have worked for:
A SNAPSHOT OF SOME OF THE PRIVATE SECTOR CLIENTS I HAVE WORKED FOR:
Callatay & Wooters
Reed In Partnership
The Art Academy
A SNAPSHOT OF SOME OF THE PRIVATE SECTOR CLIENTS I HAVE WORKED FOR:
MILITARY OF DEFENCE GUARDING POLICE
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON
Thames gateway Council
Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
Immigration Nationality Directorate
(2008 & ongoing)
Associate (Self Employed Contractor)National
2008 designing of assessment materials as required by clients.
Delivery on national selection campaigns through assessment of interactive exercises and interviewing.
working on ad hoc teams to make service improvements
(2006 & ongoing)
Delivering Assessment Centres for development purposes from middle management upwards
In-depth report writing and feedback on high profile campaigns
Assessing detailled written exercise marking, presentations and role plays
(2005 & ongoing)
Associate (Self Employed Contractor)Flexible
Delivering and leading on events
Client liaison, interviewing, psychometric/personality testing with feedback, written exercise marking and interactive exercise assessment as well as giving feedback to candidates, allocating tasks to associates, organizing the day and leading on wash-up sessions.
Designing assessment event materials and benchmarking new exercises.
Managing feedback teams for campaigns and coaching associates in relevant techniques
Training associates on new assessment exercises and assessment techniques.
Acting as lead psychologist on events, profiling candidates and liaising with clients and directors on this, as well as facilitating the day.
Advising on assessment and outplacement procedures for tenders as well as delivering on development centres and coaching on projects that have been won.
(2004 & ongoing)
Managing and delivering on Assessment Centres on a daily basis for large Public and Private Sector clients nationally for a wide range of roles and seniority.
Duties included client liaison, interviewing, psychometric and personality testing, written exercise marking and interactive exercise assessment as well as giving feedback to candidates, allocating tasks to associates, organizing the day and wash up.
Quality Assurance and exercise development for assessment centre materials, as well as continuous client contact to improve the process.
Training Associate Assessors
Assisting on various assignments within the business psychology division including researching on new psychometric interventions and delivery and assessment of Level A psychometric training courses.
(2003 & ongoing)
Freelance Psychologist / Learning & Development ConsultantLondon
Strategic redesign of a Corporate Induction and evaluation process in order to aid constructivist socialization in selection.
Undertaking focus groups and thematic analysis for research
Designing train the trainer courses and selling the new programme to the trainers
Designing an effective evaluation feedback loop to promote self efficiency
Initiating and disengaging the Consultancy process via models of change management, making relevant recommendations and designing/delivering Training in line with managing change and developing the organization
(2003 & ongoing)
Same services provided as above
Managing and participating in various Selection & Assessment Centres through to feedback for various Blue Chip Organisations.
Liaising with members of client organisation to promote smooth running of the day
Leading, delivering and coaching on development centres to assist organizations with redundancies, transition and change.
Freelance Psychologist / L&D ConsultantLondon
Undertake Training Needs Analysis
Implementing an ad-hoc problem centred approach to training
Design and Delivering Training of relevant courses in Effective Selection for panel members and employees
Competency Based Assessment in Selection
(2002 to 2003)
HR ServicesNorth Middlesex University Hospital, London
Supporting the HR team to provide a comprehensive HR service to a clinical division.
Designing and running selection training via effective consultation and Training Needs Analysis.
Delivery and organization of monthly Corporate Induction
Change Programme: Applying thematic analysis to help implement Improving Working Lives to improve retention.
Change Programme: Applying analysis to investigate organizational culture and views on flexible working policies and selection and their effects on retention.
I managed to reduce sickness absence within the wards through careful guidance & recommendations to managers, occupational health and the use of statistical analysis.
Handling ER and Sickness absence cases on a regular basis
(1999 to 2001)
Redeployment / Outplacement ConsultantMillenium Dome, London
I liaised between company executives & Human Resources to initiate end of year redundancy plans; implementing the recruitment & selection process of staff to other relevant organizations.
Programme Development: Implementing a redeployment scheme accessible for staff requesting work after Dome closure. (E.g. – setting up job shops and selection aids etc.)
Programme Development: Setting up training and development workshops (E.g. C.V writing, interview technique workshops etc.)
Running assessment centres and other selection Training.
Writing Assessment Centre Material for training and selection use
Implementing a successful Decommissioning Procedure for Dome Staff.
Within the finance division, I achieved the following:
Programme Development: Creating effective competency based appraisals for staff.
Identifying training needs within departments to initiate further guidance.
Programme Development: Implementing my own training/induction programme.
Selecting and training all new staff to my department.
Liaising between different levels of management via monthly management meetings.
Creating excel databases for accounts figures (e.g. Revenue Journals, Over/Shorts files)
MSC Occupational & Organisational Psychology
Level B Psychometric Testing in OPQ, 16PF, Saville Wave,Talent Q, SAFE PQ., MBTI and all other associated tests
Level A Psychometric Testing
Chartership with the BPS
Train the Trainer
Assessment Centre Accreditation for senior Appointments
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Project Manager Coach: Project Manager Coach
- Senior Trainers / Change Managers: Senior level change managers required to deliver high-level training to senior executives in Construction / Engineering / Blue-Chip sectors Will be ad-hoc dates as confirmed. Trainers with a wide variety of experience in management training, change management and senior management development. Will have to be experienced enough to confidently handle complex issues and flexible enough to respond to issues that arise in the process.
- Barrister / Solicitor: I manage Road Traffic Accident and PPI claims mangement company and need civil litigation solicitor and counsel for assistance and advise, I seek solicitor and counsel who will work on assignment as and when required.
- Solicitor / Counsel: I manage Road Traffic Accident and PPI claims mangement company and need civil litigation solicitor and counsel for assistance and advise, I seek solicitor and counsel who will work on assignment as and when required.
- Diversity Equality trainer: Diversity and equality training for a major public services body
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Corporate/HR Strategy
- Employment Law
- Equality & Diversity
- Health/Safety & Wellbeing
- HR Administration
- Performance Management
- Security Clearance
- Talent Management
- Training & Development
- Absence Management (Performance Management)
- Absence Records (HR Administration)
- Analysis (Corporate/HR Strategy - Organisation)
- Appointments (Recruitment)
- Appraisal Training (Performance Management)
- Appraising Performance (Performance Management)
- Career Development (Training & Development)
- Career Management (Training & Development)
- Career Progression (Talent Management)
- Careers Fairs (Recruitment)
- Change Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Communication Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Competency Testing (Recruitment)
- Conflict Management (Health/Safety & Wellbeing)
- Corporate Governance (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Counselling (Health/Safety & Wellbeing)
- Course Material Development (Training & Development)
- CRB Checks (Employment Law)
- Culture Assessment (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Culture Change (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Data Protection (Employment Law)
- Delivery (Training & Development - Training)
- Design (Corporate/HR Strategy - Organisation)
- Development (Corporate/HR Strategy - Organisation)
- Disciplinary Issues (Performance Management)
- Discipline & Grievances (Employment Law)
- Dismissal (Employment Law)
- Economic Analysis (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- E-Learning (Training & Development)
- Employee Surveys (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- English (Languages)
- Ergonomics (Health/Safety & Wellbeing)
- Ethics (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Evaluation (Training & Development - Training)
- Executive Development (Training & Development)
- Exit Interviews (Talent Management)
- Graduate Development (Training & Development)
- Graduate Recruitment (Recruitment)
- Health & Fitness (Health/Safety & Wellbeing)
- HR Operations (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Process Design (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Trends (HR Administration)
- Induction Process (Recruitment)
- Induction Training (Training & Development)
- Interim Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Interviewing (Recruitment)
- IT Training Courses (Training & Development)
- Knowledge Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Leadership (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Leadership Development (Training & Development)
- Long Term Incentives (Talent Management)
- Managerial Development (Training & Development)
- Managing Difficult People (Performance Management)
- Maternity/Paternity Rights (Employment Law)
- Mental Health (Health/Safety & Wellbeing)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Methods (Training & Development - Training)
- Needs Analysis (Training & Development - Training)
- Occupational Health (Health/Safety & Wellbeing)
- Online Recruitment (Recruitment)
- Organisation (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Outsourcing Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- People Development (Training & Development)
- Policies (Training & Development - Training)
- Programme Design (Training & Development - Training)
- Progression Planning (Training & Development)
- Progression Planning (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Progression Planning (Talent Management)
- Psychometric Testing (Recruitment)
- Public Sector (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Redundancy (Employment Law)
- Restructuring (Corporate/HR Strategy - Organisation)
- Reward Strategy Development (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- SC (Security Clearance)
- Secondment (Training & Development)
- Social Responsibility (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Staff Morale (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Staff Morale (Performance Management)
- Staff Morale (Talent Management)
- Staff Retention (Talent Management)
- Stress Management (Health/Safety & Wellbeing)
- Succession Planning (Training & Development)
- Talent Recognition (Talent Management)
- Team Building (Training & Development)
- Team Building (Performance Management)
- Team Building (Talent Management)
- Temporary Employment (Recruitment)
- Terms & Conditions (Employment Law)
- Training (Training & Development)
- Tribunals (Employment Law)
- Tupe (Employment Law)
- Values Policy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Visa Applications (Employment Law)
- Work Permit Validation (Employment Law)
- Working Time Regulations (Employment Law)
- Competitive Analysis
- Counselling (HR Consulting)
- Course Delivery (HR Consulting - Training)
- Course Design (HR Consulting - Training)
- Employee Communications (HR Consulting)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Firo-B (HR Consulting)
- Health & Safety (HR Consulting)
- HR Policies (HR Consulting)
- HR Strategy (HR Consulting)
- Industrial Relations (HR Consulting)
- Job Evaluation (HR Consulting)
- Management Development (HR Consulting)
- Motivation Strategy (HR Consulting)
- Multi-National Organisations
- Myers Briggs (HR Consulting)
- Needs Analysis (HR Consulting - Training)
- Organisational Development
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Psychometric Testing/Analysis (HR Consulting)
- Recruitment - Executive (HR Consulting)
- Recruitment - Staff (HR Consulting)
- Redundancy (HR Consulting)
- Redundancy Counselling (HR Consulting)
- SC (Security Clearance)
- SME Sector
- Team Building (HR Consulting)
- Training (HR Consulting)
- Word (Microsoft)