Freelance Professional Trainer & Facilitator Wokingham, Berkshire, UK
Trainer and coach since 1993: Daily rate negotiable, Sales Skills Training, Major Accounts Selling, Sales Leadership and field sales coaching. Technical Writer and Author, Drains up Business Analyst.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£94.12 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£752.94 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
Last 5 Ratings
19 May 2008: I have known John for many years now and he has successfully delivered a number of sales and management courses for me and my staff at Crescendo. Rather than just running standard courses, John takes time to understand the products we are selling and the markets we sell to. This way he can deliver a tailored and effective training course which we all benefit from. I would recommend John to any other company who looking to improve there management and sales skills. John Bendall - Sales Manager – Crescendo Systems Ltd.
15 January 2008: John's Telesales courses have empowered my Internal Sales team to work smarter in order to achieve better sales than we would have managed prior to his training. As a result, our prospect list continues to grow and our revenues increase.
20 November 2006: Reflex operates in a competitive market place across the home counties. We sell and service Photocopiers-Printers-Scanners, Multi-function Products & work in partnership with our customers helping them to realise the best document strategy for their businesses. We appointed John to work with Reflex some years ago to help us recruit, train and develop new members of staff in both the sales and administration areas. John has met and exceeded our needs well, and offers a very rounded skill set and flexibility in his approach. We would have no hesitation in recommending his services to others.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Freelance facilitator in all sales and management areas, trainer and personal coach, including field sales coaching, company background of building a large sales force into the UK market leader from nothing.
Twenty years of experience in industry doing it, Salesman to Managing Director with Wurth UK. Then 18 years of training 100's of programmes to thousands of delegates, great references to match available on request.
Training programmes are specifically developed or changed to fit from 20 Gigabytes of proprietary sales material. As a writer I have developed some unique modules over the years, including TURN an alternative to SPIN Selling. Also Selling to the PowerBase, the ultimate in Major Account Courses, Sales Qualification and Evaluation Business Tools built in excel.
I have thirty items published, online links to these can be sent free on request.
Director of a second company; Human Capital Development Ltd. A publisher of tests and various business tools. These are useful in management and essential when recruiting to minimise mistakes to ensure only the correct selection takes place, One such psychometric measurement helps to understand the individual and other people better, also used to establish an individual's training needs. Further info. on application. Thank you for reading my profile.
(Feb 1993 & ongoing)
Trainer & ConsultantWokingham, Berkshire
Training consultant and freelance sales coach (1993 to present)
Director of Human Capital Development Ltd (2002 to present)
Course Director at the Chartered Institute of Marketing (1997 to 2001)
(1988 to 1993)
Managing DirectorErith, Kent
WURTH UK LTD.
As Sales Director and then Managing Director at Wurth I was answerable directly to the Group board in Germany, I continued to build the company's sales and profits. Expanding the sales force in l99l to include four Regional Managers, sixteen District Managers and one hundred and thirty salespeople.
I was responsible for the whole sales side of the business, some 151 people, in total we then had 220 personnel. In 1992 Wurth UK broke through the £1m per month average turnover.
I was accountable for diversifying the company, changing and developing new markets with new products, i.e. the successful range of Wurth chemical lines (Body repair products, various aerosols, etc.) from almost nothing in 1987 these soon provided half of all the sales turnover in the U.K.
We developed the sales promotions for the English speaking subsidiaries of Wurth KG. I invented and developed ‘FOCUS’ the company, now international-company magazine. Under my direction all training and development activities were taken into a new dimension this was my favourite area and we soon had the most comprehensive sales training outside of the German speaking companies in the group. Until recently Wurth UK still ran a version of the six week induction programme that I introduced.
It might interest any reader who has got this far that my I joined Wurth as one of the youngest salespeople ever employed in 2003, he reached the top ten percent of the then 340 salespeople at Wurth in his second year (March 2004) when the company turned over some £23,000,000 (2003) At long last double what we had managed over 10 years previously...
I stayed with Wurth for four years in total leaving to join Neopost selling business machines in 2006.
(1983 to 1988)
National Sales ManagerWURTH UK LTD, Erith, Kent
Promoted in July l983. Placed in full control of the Sales and Marketing operations in the U.K. Masterminded an ambitious expansion plan and carried it through in the mid eighties increasing sales many fold, Sales turnover of £1.600.000 in l983 with 23 salesmen to £7.400.000 by l988. Developing new areas now covering the whole of the British Isles and Northern Ireland with over l00 salespeople. 1987 saw me acting as Sales Director, with other M.D. roles and responsibilities in company whilst our MD was ill.
I received the Wurth Honour Pin of Merit (Gold with diamond) we had achieved the largest percentage sales increase in that year of any sizeable Wurth subsidiary company. (1988 over 1987 acheived an increase of 38% in sales and profit doubled)
In l986 extra work as the leading Wurth (English speaking) Sales Trainer I travelled worldwide, one month was spent travelling with and intensively training salesmen in the newly acquired joint venture in Japan. As a direct result of this visit and that of others later, Wurth aquired the company and today trades very successfully as Wurth Nipon.
(1978 to 1982)
Area Sales ManagerWURTH UK LTD, Woolwich, London
I was the first person to be promoted in Wurth U.K. In this position I employed, managed and developed a team of ten sales consultants, they were consistently in the top sales team. Additional responsibilities taken on as the company sales trainer. 1982 saw my team achieve £880.000.
(Sep 1973 to 1978)
SalesmanWURTH UK LTD, Maidstone, Kent
I joined Wurth as the second salesman, entering into a virgin market and built an extensive customer base, selling to automotive outlets in the Home Counties and London. Later taking on and controlling four salesmen in my original area during this period. I also helped to create and build the companies internal sales in these early days.
- Find Trainers with Marketing skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with Management Development skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with Business skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with IT skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with Development skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with Management Skills skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with Management skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with Business Development skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with IT Management skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with Leadership skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with Business Management skills in Wokingham.
- Find Trainers with Application Development skills in Wokingham.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- We are at the moment developing an online service for evaluation of competencies required for various administrative office roles. The goal is to provide people that are about to be tested for a job an opportunity to experience these sorts of test and train for them with our service. We are therefore currently in need of 40 Situational Judgment Tests (SJTs) that would be constructed according to the below description and fit a general administrative role for a nonspecific line of business (like
- Management Consultancy/Business Development: Network of select consultants who deliver first class results on projects for blue chip clients is looking for a few key Business Development professionals to help drive our network further forward. Tasks include: * Working to find potential client projects we could deliver * Researching potential client organisations * To develop a comprehensive understanding of potential client consultant and project requirements * Deliver first class consultancy presentations and close project assignment
- Telesales: I require an experienced Telemarketer. Around 10 - 20 hours work per week. Can work from home but preferably no more than 100miles away from Dorset. Please apply for more details.
- Sales Trainer: We are looking for a free lance trainer, with Sales skills training experience. Preferable in construction, agriculture machinery, automotive industry. Mandarine Chinese and English required.
- Business Analyst : Business analyst required for central government web based project. 3 months initially with possible 3 month extension. Start immediately. Delivery of robustly defined processes for user support model. Skills and experience: • Process design experience. • Use case definition experience. • Web services/applications analysis experience • Stakeholder management experience • Ability to identify and address sensitive and competing issues
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Business Analyst, [£58.82 per hr]
Seasoned business consultant with end-to-end project experience from software implementation projects in Telecommunications and Financial Services. Competent communicator and team leader.
- eLearning Consultant, Worthing, West Sussex, UK [£31.76 per hr]
Experienced rapid eLearning author using the most popular and compatible tools such as Articulate,Captivate, Camtasia as well as LMS/ CMS systems such as SharePoint, Moodle, Joomla etc.
- Consultant - Business Transformation , Ashford, Kent , UK [£58.82 per hr]
Highly qualified executive consultant and process analyst with over 15 years commercial and IT experience delivering change to systems, processes and procedures liaising between IT and the business.
- Training & Learning Consultant, Ruislip, Middlesex, UK [£100.00 per hr]
( review)Experienced & qualified Manager, Trainer, Coach and Facilitator with proven success at various personnel levels in all occupational sectors. Specialising in Presentation Skills & Training of Trainer.
- Seller 241541, Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK [£47.06 per hr]
Twenty years experience in all aspects of the training environment. Competency based staff selection, and trainer development. Ability to embrace opportunities, and ensure closure on all activities.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Appraisal Training (Performance Management)
- Appraising Performance (Performance Management)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Delivery (Training & Development - Training)
- Interviewing (Recruitment)
- Managing Difficult People (Performance Management)
- Needs Analysis (Training & Development - Training)
- Programme Design (Training & Development - Training)
- Psychometric Testing (Recruitment)
- Staff Morale (Performance Management)
- Team Building (Talent Management)
- Team Building (Training & Development)
- Team Building (Performance Management)
- Training (Training & Development)
- Business Development (Business Consulting)
- Company Turn-round (Business Consulting)
- Counselling (HR Consulting)
- Course Delivery (HR Consulting - Training)
- Course Design (HR Consulting - Training)
- Customer Care (Business Consulting)
- Direct Selling (Marketing Consulting)
- General Management (Business Consulting)
- Motivation Strategy (HR Consulting)
- Myers Briggs (HR Consulting)
- Needs Analysis (HR Consulting - Training)
- Performance Related Rewards (HR Consulting)
- Psychometric Testing/Analysis (HR Consulting)
- Recruitment - Executive (HR Consulting)
- Recruitment - Staff (HR Consulting)
- Sales Development (Marketing Consulting)
- Sales Force Management (Business Consulting)
- Sales Training (HR Consulting)
- Team Building (HR Consulting)
- Training (HR Consulting)
- Account Management (Account/Client Management)
- Account Planning (Account/Client Management)
- Client Accounts (Account/Client Management)
- Client Assessment (Sales Management/Strategy)
- Client Management (Account/Client Management)
- Client Prospecting (New Business Development)
- Cold Calling (New Business Development)
- Competitor Analysis (Sales Management/Strategy)
- CRM User Experience
- Presentation Delivery
- Presentation Preparation
- Product Sales
- Relationship Building (Account/Client Management)
- Solution Sales
- Telesales (New Business Development)