Freelance Lawyer HR Dir. and Board Level Project Manager Solihull, West Midlands, UK
A Lawyer and Human Resource consultant. Formerly HR Director and Legal Director for global mulitnational. Specialisations include contract reviews, employment contracts,redundancies ,disciplinary and grievances, appeals, training, commercial agreements, negotiations, employee workshops, organisation design, executive management reviews, restructures, integration and employee communication.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£58.82 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£470.59 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
09 June 2008: Great level of interface, knowledge and management. Proactive in achieving my aim and goal on this project...will be definitely using again when the right opportunity arises...
25 July 2007: Jill is a thorough and conscientious HR consultant. She ensures she takes a full and detailed brief, is clear in her strategy and communication and always delivers to deadlines. A competent and highly skilled individual with a professional approach.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Lawyer HR Director and Board Level Project manager with 15 years legal, HR and Customer focussed operational and change experence. Spent 6 years advising on mergers and acquisitions and 7 years as an executive at DaimlerChrysler UK Limited, the £2bn turnover subsidiary of DaimlerChrysler AG.Has a rare and powerful combination of expertise surrounding the legal people and customer aspects of change. Lead the legal integration of Chrysler into Mercedes-Benz; Set up and defined the organization structure for 2,000 strong DaimlerChrysler Retail, Lead global change programme saving £5m pa; Devised and implemented reward and grading structure across 800 head office staff. Developed management development and graduate recruitment programmes. Co-authored book on management development. Consulting projects range from a management restructure for 3,500 strong BPO company; defining a strategy and change programme for a national firm of insurance brokers to become best in class in client service and advising members of a trade association on legal and HR issues. Also helps businesses with commercial contracts, employment contracts and legal issues.
(Sep 2007 to Apr 2008)
Lead phase one of a customer management change programme for national firm of insurance brokers the Oval Group Limited. Accountable to a steering group lead by the Managing Director; devised and ran a series of 10 employee workshops involving over 100 people across the UK to define and establish the customer service proposition and understand current areas of weakness;defined and delivered through associates a series of focus group and best in class research to uncover what was required from Oval to deliver its vision; defined the programme goals; reward, remuneration plans and communication strategy;presented plans to the Operational Board of Oval; consolidated the output into a concise document outlining the future strategy for delivery which was unanimously approved by the Steering Group.
(Jan 2007 to 2008)
Legal and HR Advice to membersNational
Have for over a year been working along side the REC to provide legal and HR advice to its members. Work includes, drafting employment contracts, terms and conditions of trade, client terms, self employed contracts consulting agreements, training members on compliance and risk issus, IR 35 advice and general legal and HR advice.
(Feb 2007 to Apr 2007)
HR Organisation Design Consulting ( Interim)London Bridge
Review of management team to delayer team and exit 80 managerial positions sacing £5M per year. Managed exit process reporting to the Executive Management weekly
Further project undertaken to data cleanse SAP HR , develop org chart for the business and create an Establishement across the organisation ( 3,500 people ) creating new processes for headcount control.
(Jul 2002 to Sep 2006)
Customer Operations DirectorMilton Keynes
Led DCUK's customer functions in the UK . Budget in excess of £35Mpa. UK steering group leader for global change project CORE2. Increased efficiencies across 7 marketing functions saving £5mpa.
Programme managed the design and outsourcing of Mercedes-Benz roadside assistance programme saving £6Mpa.
Led a customer change project which resulted in the development of a consolidated customer database for DCUK giving 360 degree view of the customer and saving £250Kpa
Coordinated the review by DCUK DC France and DC Italy of the outsourced function in the Netherlands. Insourced function saving £500Kpa and introduced a new process for customer complaint handling with dealer accountability
(Sep 2000 to Jul 2002)
Group HR and Training DirectorDaimlerChrysler UK Limited, Milton Keynes
Responsible for HR for 3.500 DCUK employees and for training DCUK's 60,000 independent dealer staff. Reporting to the CEO with budget in excess of £60Mpa
Represented all of DCAG's sales and marketing subsidiaries in creation of DCAG's global HR Strategy.
Established a new reward and grading structure for 800 head office staff and developed a change programme to gain employee buy in and engagement
Gained agreement to set up new Retail subsidiary with 2,000 staff. Recruited its Managing Director devised its organisation structure and recruited its HR function
(Jan 1999 to Feb 2001)
General CounselDaimlerChrysler UK Limited, Milton Keynes
Coordinated the legal and property aspects of the merger between Mercedes-Benz UK with Chrysler UK.
Project managed the acquisition and disposal of 5 separate businesses worth in excess of £65m
Headed the team managing the Mercedes-Benz response to the Competition Commission Enquiry into the sale of New Cars and the subsequent New Cars Order
(Oct 1996 to Jan 1999)
Associate Solicitor Corporate FinanceHowes-Percival Solicitors, Milton Keynes
Advised on mergers acquisitions , MBO's, outsourcing and general commercial contracts.
Solicitor, qualified in September 1995.
Msc in Strategic Human Resource Management
(Mar 2002 to May 2002)
London Business School
Accelerated Development Programme ( Mini MBA)
(Oct 2001 to Feb 2003)
Nottingham Business School
Msc in Strategic Human Resource Management
(Sep 1991 to Jul 1993)
Nottingham Law School
CPE and Law Society Finals ( Honours in both )
(Sep 1987 to Jul 1990)
Bsc in Political Science ( 2.1)
PRINCE 2 Practitioner . Contributing author of Perspectives on Management Development published February 2007
- Find Project Managers with Development skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Outsourcing skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Business skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Management Development skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Contracts skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Organisation skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Customer Service skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Workshops skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Recruitment skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Director skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Change skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Staff skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Strategic skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Legal skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with HR skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with HR Strategy skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Change Management skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Agreements skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Training skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Retail skills in Solihull.
- Find Project Managers with Design skills in Solihull.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Solicitor / Counsel: I manage Road Traffic Accident and PPI claims mangement company and need civil litigation solicitor and counsel for assistance and advise, I seek solicitor and counsel who will work on assignment as and when required.
- HR Consultant: I am looking to appoint a freelance HR consultant who can undertake all the HR functions within our operation. This will include drafting of contracts, managing disiplinary issues, managing appraisal and one-to-one organisation. We presently have a company to which we refer queries regarding HR issues but are left pretty much to our own devices.
- Litigation consultant : I'm just looking for someone to write a letter in my name on my behalf to an awarding body in relation to my A-level Physics exam. The matter is quite involved, but basically it's all to do with a college refusing to allow me to do A-level physics with them on grounds that they did not believe I could achieve a better grade than what I already had before being diagnosed as dyslexic.
- We require a trainer to run a "Advance Negotiation Skills for Lawyers" programme in Istanbul and Ankara on April 21 and April 22.
- We need a trainer to deliver a "Advance Negotiation Skills for Lawyers" programme in Istanbul and Ankara on April 21 and April 22.
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Seller 253427, Ilford, Essex, UK [£117.65 per hr]
Entrepreneurial consultant with a legal background. Specialising in outsourcing and general business consultancy to B2B markets. All round capability for real change and value add to all organisations
- Lawyer, Truro, Cornwall, UK [£88.24 per hr]
BARRISTER/EMPLOYMENT LAWYER, highly experienced in all aspects of claimant and respondent work including advocacy. Wide business background plus civil litigation and PI work in private practice.
- Seller 254875, Guildford, Surrey, UK [£58.82 per hr]
Business Analysis & Project Management. Insurance, reinsurance, finance, manufacturing and Utilities. E-recruitment experience in Corporate and Graduate Recruitment. Package evaluation and selection.
- Seller 273815, Neath, West Glamorgan, UK [£64.71 per hr]
Experienced hands-on Solution Architect. Skilled in analysing requirements and producing impact analyses and technical designs with practical experience of SOA design and governance. Also designs and ..
- Seller 294334, Wolverhampton, West Midlands, UK [£74.12 per hr]
24 years freelance,10 years+ Project Management , Prince2 Practitioner level. Self –starter disciplined, able to plan, organise and motivate people, someone who knows what should happen when Has succ..
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Corporate/HR Strategy
- Employee Pay/Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- Training & Development
- Absence Management (Performance Management)
- Appraisal Training (Performance Management)
- Appraising Performance (Performance Management)
- Business Performance (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Career Development (Training & Development)
- Career Management (Training & Development)
- Career Progression (Talent Management)
- Change Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Communication Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Culture Change (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Development (Corporate/HR Strategy - Organisation)
- Disciplinary Issues (Performance Management)
- Discipline & Grievances (Employment Law)
- Dismissal (Employment Law)
- E-Learning (Training & Development)
- Induction Training (Training & Development)
- Leadership Development (Training & Development)
- Managerial Development (Training & Development)
- Managing Difficult People (Performance Management)
- Organisation (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- People Development (Training & Development)
- Progression Planning (Talent Management)
- Rebus PS Enterprise (Software Experience)
- Restructuring (Corporate/HR Strategy - Organisation)
- Staff Morale (Performance Management)
- Succession Planning (Training & Development)
- Team Building (Performance Management)
- Team Building (Training & Development)
- Team Building (Talent Management)
- Terms & Conditions (Employment Law)
- Tupe (Employment Law)
- Working Time Regulations (Employment Law)
- Change Management (Project Consultancy)
- Evaluation (Charity & Not-for-profit - Service development)
- Large Company - UK
- Management Buy Out/In
- Management Development (HR Consulting)
- Mergers (Charity & Not-for-profit)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Monitoring (Charity & Not-for-profit - Service development)
- Organisational Development
- PRINCE2 (Project Consultancy)
- Project Management (Project Consultancy)
- Service development (Charity & Not-for-profit)
- SME (Project Consultancy)