Freelance Human Resources Professional - Freelance Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
Freelance Human Resource (HR) professional. Experienced in HR support to small and large businesses, organisational change & rationalisation (restructures, redundancy, change management). HR policies, procedures, processes, documents, job evaluation, Transfer of Undertakings "TUPE", recruitment and psychometric testing, pay and rewards systems, Line Manager HR Skills Training. Prince2 Project Manager.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£58.82 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£470.59 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
26 February 2009: Helen worked for BBIS initially in an Interim capacity and then in a permanent role as our HR Project Manager. She made amjor contribution to assisting our HR transformation programme. I would recommend her to any company who needs an HR Business Partner/ Project Manager
26 February 2009: An extremely professional, competent and intuitive indvidual whom I would recommend to any client unreservedly.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
A qualified HR practitioner with broad generalist HR background working as a freelance HR consultant and interim HR Manager & HR Project Manager. Competent HR Manager with experienced in small, medium & large scale HR Projects and Programmes. Mix of Private and Public Sector experience. Experience of working in start ups and through significant change programmes. Working with small businesses. Generalist background including HR projects, HR policy, procedure and process development including outsourcing of services, restructuring and organisational change / redundancy programmes, TUPE, recruitment and selection (inc Occupational Testing), Pay & Rewards, HR Administration, Job Evaluation, competency development and HR Training packages.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE OVERVIEW
Transfer of Undertakings “TUPE”
Business Transition / Transformation
Organisational Resourcing including Restructuring and redundancy processes
HR SME on bids and tenders
Performance Management systems
Job evaluation and reward (Hay, NJC, in-House)
Employee Case work
Recruitment and Selection
HR Business Partnering including working within business units as HR specialist
HR & LEADERSHIP SKILLS TRAINING
Evaluation of current practices / organisational needs
Designing HR Skills Training for line management and HR teams in various HR areas
Delivery of wide range of HR and leadership training programmes to leadership and HR communities
Coaching and mentoring line management in successful people management
HR PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Project Management of diverse large, medium and small scale HR projects and HR workstreams of Business Transition and Rationalisation programmes including use of PRINCE2
Project Management methods tailored to client and project requirements
Identification of risks and clearly defined project objectives
Engagement and communication with key stakeholders
HR POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND PROCESSES
Start-up and established employers
Identifying & delivering re-engineered HR process solutions to reflect organisational fit
Formulation of policies, procedures, processes and HR documentation
(Jun 2010 & ongoing)
Reporting to the MD, generalist HR on Contract-win project and business start-up
Successful completion of Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
Setting up HR functions for business including HR policies & procedures
(Apr 2009 to Jan 2011)
Scoping and advising on Equal Pay Audit process for various Fire and Rescue Services.
(May 2010 to Dec 2010)
HR LeadUK and abroad
Various HR projects in UK and abroad for Serco’s businesses;
Design and delivery of bespoke management training on Performance Management, Capability & Disciplining
of employees & ensure it gained buy-in & was implemented into various business divisions in UK and abroad
HR input into bids and tenders including TUPE advice and bid writing
Review of Graduate Development Scheme and recommendations for new scheme
(Mar 2010 to Oct 2010)
Working as the HR specialist within a large joint venture bid team including Competitive Dialogue.
Subject Matter Expert for bid team on Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
Bid writing including HR, TUPE, Implementation and Change Management submissions
Customer dialogue visits
(Feb 2010 to Mar 2010)
HR ConsultantNr Salisbury
Working with senior leadership teams of Serco and customer role to identify and embed change required in organisation to achieve cost reduction and improved service delivery. Achieved through management of HR issues of future outsourcing opportunities, customer relationship management and strategic partnership development.
Coaching of senior management
Mediation at leadership level to create productive working relationships
Business Development proposal HR input including TUPE
(Aug 2009 to Dec 2009)
HR Business PartnerNr Salisbury
Interim role as member of senior management team within Infrastructure Directorate, acting as HR Business Partner on a contract basis. Acted as mentor to other HR Business Partners.
Building appetite for Strategic HR within directorate
Leading on establishing teamworking and cross functional co-operation improvements
Leading managers through complex discipline, grievance, capability and absence management casework
HR Skills Training Workshops on Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
(Jun 2009 to Aug 2009)
Interim HR ManagerNr Andover
Reporting to the Principal, role was to successfully manage the TUPE transfer of staff from legacy local authority school to independent sector, recruit staff and set up a new HR Function.
Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE) including consultation and due diligence
High volume recruitment campaign
Setting up HR Function including put HR systems and processes in place and devised HR policy
(Nov 2008 to Apr 2009)
HR ConsultantNr Salisbury
Reporting initially to the Senior HRBP and latterly to the HR Director, interim role within a business unit working in a Business Partner format focussing on the Project Management of number of HR projects including business transition - site closure/redundancy, delivery of HR Skills Training and advice to and coaching of line managers and, including:
Scoping and project management of HR workstream of business transition / transformation
Designing and delivering Line Management During Change Workshops to middle management
Designing and delivering ‘Managing Performance’ workshops to supervisor and line management community
Leading on a number of tricky disciplinary and capability issues
(Oct 2008 to Nov 2008)
Consultant Assessor in Assessment Centres nationwide for organisational restructure / redundancy programme of c.600 employees; including selecting candidates for new structure
Running of assessment centres including role plays and team activities
Training new assessors in competency based interviewing and role play exercises
(Sep 2008 to Oct 2008)
Working with the Managing Director to audit current HR systems and processes and put in place new policies, procedures, processes and Employee Handbook.
Designing and implementing new HR policy and procedures
Designing and delivering briefings for senior managers in HR new procedures
Chartered Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development
Prince 2 Project Management Methodology Foundation and Practitoner Level examinations. Registered Prince2 practitioner
Registered as Occupational Tester with British Psychological Society - Certificates in Occupational Testing Levels A & B
(Oct 1994 to Oct 1998)
University of Bristol
BA (Hons) 2:1 in History
Master of Arts in History
April 2007 -October 2008
HR Project Manager - Balfour Beatty Group, Basingstoke [www.bbisl.com]
Reporting to the HR Director to develop & deliver various functional HR projects, initiatives & business improvements including ‘Work Processes and Service Delivery Improvement’ as part of HR Transformation programme and Role Profiling Project.
Champion of HR Transformation / Transition to Business Partnering Model
Reviewing & redesigning HR policies, procedures, processes, documentation, HR intranet & Contracts of Employment.
Roll out of role profiling within business including job descriptions, competency frameworks, communications and appeals
Leading training sessions to facilitate move towards devolvement of key HR activities to line management and improvements in HR activity.
May – August 2007
HR Consultant – Penske Logistics, Southampton[www.penskelogistics.com]
Working to the UK HR Manager, involved setting up all HR policies, procedures, documentation and line management training resources for TUPE workforce:
Creating all HR procedures, processes and documentation
Designing and implementing an Employee Handbook and Managers HR Manual
June – July 2007 HR Consultant – East Sussex Fire & Rescue – Eastbourne [www.esfrs.org]
Working jointly to the Assistant Chief Fire Officer and Director of Personnel Services acted as an independent consultant on the Service’s ‘Rank to Role Assimilation’ and Job Evaluation projects:
Training for HR team and panels on job evaluation
Acting as Chair to Panels
Formulating communications strategy
HR Project Manager Hampshire Fire & Rescue Service – Eastleigh - February 2005 to April 2007
Reporting to the Assistant Chief Fire Officer, member of senior HR team for various medium and large scale strategic HR and OD /change management projects.
HR Project Management of cultural change and OD programmes including management reviews and restructures, Rank-to-Role Assimilation and transition, Pay and Rewards Review / Equal Pay Audit
HR Strategy and policy development, Trade Union Consultation
Job Evaluation and communications
HR skills training in job evaluation, managing performance and pay and reward
HR Manager Group 4 Securicor plc– Swindon - May 2004 to January 2005
Reporting to the Head of HR, worked on merger and acquisition of Group 4 and Securicor and generalist HR support to 4 business units in up-skilling managers in people management practices
Leading restructure and redundancy programmes for Head Office functions
Designing and rolling out a ‘Managers HR Toolkit’ including policies, letters and processes
Advising leaders on Employee Relations case work
Transfer of Undertakings (TUPE)
Coaching and mentoring of line managers on tricky ER cases
HR Advisor Landmarc Support Services Limited (Joint Venture Company of Interservefm)- Salisbury, July 03 to May 04 direct employee, Jan – July 2003 Secondment from Interserve (see below)
Reporting to the Head of HR, generalist HR role working on Preferred Bidder and mobilisation of new contract, equipping line management and support staff with tools and practices to successfully manage people in new company.
Preferred Bidder HR Input, Contract Mobilisation and TUPE Transfer
Creating all HR policies, processes and documentation for the new company, Designed Employee Performance Management and Appraisal system
Designing and delivering HR skills training in new policies (discipline, grievance, sickness absence management, appraisals, HR processes, recruitment and selection)
Coaching and mentoring of managers in HR Skills for devolved HR operating model
HR Advisor Interservefm Ltd - London - Feb 2000 to July 2003
Reporting to Head of HR, a generalist HR practitioner advising and training managers from the company’s Defence Division in all aspects of HR, including TUPE and ER issues.
Developing and delivering training for all Line Managers within Defence Division in ‘Essential Employment Law’
Successful mobilisation and demobilisation of numerous contracts under TUPE
Working as part of team successfully decentralising HR admin service for business from its London Head Office to Divisional and site level.
Personnel Assistant Center Parcs Ltd – Warminster, Wiltshire - July 1999 to Feb 2000
Temporary entry-level site based generalist position, awarded special responsibility for recruitment and selection including delivering induction training.
Introduction of streamlined recruitment processes and standard letters
Organising monthly recruitment drives including open days / trade and job fairs
Recruitment and Selection of wide ranging positions
Delivery of Company Induction Programmes on weekly basis
- Find Project Managers with Processes skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Change skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Reporting skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Director skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Business Management skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Strategic skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Cost Reduction skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Process skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Staff skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with On Line skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Change Management skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Training skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Defence skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Business Development skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Personnel skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Management Systems skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Business skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Development skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Strategic Management skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Senior Management skills in Basingstoke.
- Find Project Managers with Systems Management skills in Basingstoke.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- We are at the moment developing an online service for evaluation of competencies required for various administrative office roles. The goal is to provide people that are about to be tested for a job an opportunity to experience these sorts of test and train for them with our service. We are therefore currently in need of 40 Situational Judgment Tests (SJTs) that would be constructed according to the below description and fit a general administrative role for a nonspecific line of business (like
- HR Consultancy: HR Consultant required for international logistics company to: 1. Develop and implement an effective review process after 3 weeks of induction training. This system should be in a form of a chart and a step by step guide and systematic approach for a new member of an employee for 6 months probationary. 2. Implement a Global structure in a form of org chart for a training department and resources required in a training department
- HR consultants: HR / search consultants required to conduct interviews. Contracts starting in October for up to six weeks. Will be conducting pre-selection interviews. Essential: CRB checked or willing to be CRB checked Ideal: Level A or B HR qualification or other relevant qualification Experience of banking / IT Experience of conducting recruitment interviews.
- Trainer: We have a regional network, and in November we are hosting an event for the North West region. We are looking for a trainer to run an interactive session for between 10 - 30 administrators & Personal Assistants on Sat 4th December from 10:30 - 11:30 in a hotel in Cambridge. We are looking for an affordable option, who will deliver a great hour of training. I would like to know what your cost would be for delivering this session if you are interested.
- Freelance Management Trainer: We are wishing to develop line managers, devise and implement training schedules and generally improve performance by developing people skills in our small business.
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Seller 240498, Manchester, Lancashire, UK [£47.06 per hr]
Training and HR Consultant CIPD CTP & BPS Level A Occupational Testing
- Human Resources Consultant, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, UK [£94.12 per hr]
I have established a successful career as a Human Resources Consultant. I have worked on numerous HR Transformation & Talent Management projects across the Private, Public & Voluntary sectors.
- Seller 241538, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, UK [£66.18 per hr]
All aspects of Quantity Surveying & Commercial Management, Estimating , Tendering and Bid Management, Project Negotiation and Mobilisation, Health and Safety Support Services, Project Management, Valu..
- Freelance Data Analyst, York, North Yorkshire, UK [£47.06 per hr]
( review)Increasing clients profits by developing MI capabilities, automating processes and consulting on marketing effectiveness
- Copywriter/web content creator, Buckingham, Buckinghamshire, UK [£42.35 per hr]
( review)I write well-crafted, clear, punchy copy to get your message across, in print or online. 15 years' experience in public, voluntary and higher education sectors. Plain English web content a speciality.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Letter Writing
- Outlook (Microsoft)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Publisher (Microsoft)
- Word (Microsoft)
- Corporate/HR Strategy
- Employee Pay/Benefits
- Employment Law
- HR Administration
- Performance Management
- Security Clearance
- Training & Development
- Absence Management (Performance Management)
- Absence Records (HR Administration)
- Appointments (Recruitment)
- Appraisal Training (Performance Management)
- Appraising Performance (Performance Management)
- BC (Security Clearance)
- Career Development (Training & Development)
- Change Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Communication Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Competency Testing (Recruitment)
- Course Material Development (Training & Development)
- CRB (Security Clearance)
- Discipline & Grievances (Employment Law)
- Dismissal (Employment Law)
- Employee Handbook (HR Administration)
- Employee Intranet (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Employee Intranet (HR Administration)
- HR Infrastructure (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Operations (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Process Design (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Trends (HR Administration)
- Induction Process (Recruitment)
- Induction Training (Training & Development)
- Interim Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Interviewing (Recruitment)
- Job Evaluation (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Labour Turnover (HR Administration)
- Managerial Development (Training & Development)
- Maternity/Paternity Rights (Employment Law)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Outsourcing Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Pay Structures (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Personnel Records (HR Administration)
- Policies & Procedures (HR Administration)
- Private Sector (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Psychometric Testing (Recruitment)
- Public Sector (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Redundancy (Employment Law)
- Reference Checking (Recruitment)
- Relocation (Employment Law)
- SC (Security Clearance)
- Terms & Conditions (Employment Law)
- Tupe (Employment Law)
- BC (Security Clearance)
- Change Management (Project Consultancy)
- Company Start-up
- Contract Management
- Course Delivery (HR Consulting - Training)
- Course Design (HR Consulting - Training)
- CRB (Security Clearance)
- Employment Law (HR Consulting)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- HR Plans (HR Consulting)
- HR Policies (HR Consulting)
- HR Strategy (HR Consulting)
- Job Evaluation (HR Consulting)
- Large Company - UK
- Lean Processes
- Management Development (HR Consulting)
- Needs Analysis (HR Consulting - Training)
- Organisational Development
- Performance Related Rewards (HR Consulting)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- PRINCE2 (Project Consultancy)
- Private Sector (Project Consultancy)
- Process Change (Project Consultancy)
- Project (Microsoft)
- Project Initiation Document (Project Consultancy)
- Project Management (Project Consultancy)
- Project Office Mgmt (Project Consultancy)
- Project Support (Project Consultancy)
- Psychometric Testing/Analysis (HR Consulting)
- Public Sector (Project Consultancy)
- Recruitment - Executive (HR Consulting)
- Recruitment - Staff (HR Consulting)
- Redundancy (HR Consulting)
- Redundancy Counselling (HR Consulting)
- Remuneration Policy
- SC (Security Clearance)
- Training (HR Consulting)
- Visio (Microsoft)
- Word (Microsoft)