Freelance Creative pattern designer/cutter Leicester, Leicestershire, UK
A hardworking, articulate organised individual with an excellent time keeping record. A flexible, highly creative person with experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines. An enthusiastic person with both initiative and team working abilities.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£23.53 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£188.24 per day (ex. VAT)|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Development of moodboards as well as colour palettes based on research into up and coming trends.
Strong drawing ability for couture and highstreet Womenswear. Can match specific poses to specific themes and can use a wide range of different of media. Can produce working drawings with the ability to interpret finished illustrations into clear technical graphic information.
Competent in all forms in pattern design from developing first patterns from rough sketches to grading – to spec. Competent in computerised pattern design/ grading (digitising, rule tables, order editor, marker production etc). Can use both industrial and domestic machines including lockstitch, binding and overlocking. Can work with Jersey, rigid and woven fabrics.
MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel and Outlook)
(Aug 2007 & ongoing)
Processing Appeal Applications for tribunal hearings via computerised system, drafting letters to appellants Reps and sponsors, laising with members of Judiciary and Solicitors
(Apr 2007 to Jun 2007)
Digitizing and grading patterns onto Gerber Accumark explorer for nest and single size generation, measuring first samples to be sent to retailers for fit amending patterns accordingly to meet clients requirements, chasing sampling process and re submitting final product for sealing.
Customer Demographic; Primark, H & M, Next, BHS, Tesco and New Look.
(May 2003 to Feb 2007)
During this period I worked in various Agency Customer Service and Administrative roles in order to honour financial commitments. Other breaks in my career history were taken up with either educational or training programmes. However in order to find suitable employment I continued to produce sketches and working drawings most of which can be found on www.styleportfolios.com.
(Apr 2003 to Jun 2003)
Garment TechnologistBarana, Leiecster
Manual drafting of 1st patterns for jersey and lycra leisurewear and pattern grading for fittings. The term 1st patterns is used as a part of creative pattern cutting which involves using a finished garment as a base for making a pattern without the use of conventional blocks. The sample is measured and a flat pattern would then be drafted from it. Customer Demographic; Etam, New Look, high street multiples.
(Feb 2003 to Mar 2003)
Freelance Designer3 Spirit, Leicester
Designing, producing patterns, grading and sample cutting/making for jersey leisurewear. This firm manufactures for the lower end of the womenswear retail sector ( street level discount stores). My job was to draft rough designs, to be approved by the manager before commencing flat pattern cutting and sample making.
This was not a fixed contract I was paid for each approved finished sample.
(Aug 2002 to Oct 2002)
Freelance Fashion DesignerSMS Clothing Manufacturers, Leicester
Designing, producing patterns, grading and sample cutting. As with 3 Spirit this was not for a fixed term. I was required to design rough drafts for approval and negotiate with sample machinists on the make-up.
Corners had to be cut because this firm catered for the discount clothing market and aimed to create simple enough styles to mass produce within a limited time scale. I was paid for each finished garment.
(Sep 2001 to Dec 2001)
Design AssistantLevandi, Leicester
Pattern cutting/grading sample cutting. Customer Demographic; Pineapple, Debenhams, West One and Bay Clothing.
(Sep 1999 to Oct 2000)
Design Room AssistantIsher Fashions Ltd, Leicester
Basic design, pattern cutting/grading sample cutting and graphic design and print placements for jersey’ meryl, mousse and cotton jersey leisurewear. Customer Demographic; MissSelfridge, River Island, Primark, Pimkie and Etam (France).
( 2003 to 2003)
BTEC PDC Level 4: Fashion CAD CAM
( 2002 to 2002)
NOCN Pattern Cutting Advanced Level
Pattern cutting, grading and sample making leisurewear, contour and tailoring.
( 2001 to 2001)
NOCN Fashion Illustration & Design
Trend forecasting, working drawings and fabric knowledge
( 1995 to 1998)
De Montfort University
BA (HONS) Fashion & Textile Design 2-2 Degree
( 1993 to 1995)
BTEC National Diploma in Fashion Design
- Find Designers with Graphic Design skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Sketches skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Adobe skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Financial skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Production skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Administration skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with IT skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Access skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Development skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Retail skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Photoshop skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Media skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Powerpoint skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Technical skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with PowerPoint skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Training skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Fashion Design skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Illustration skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Research skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Product skills in Leicester.
- Find Designers with Process skills in Leicester.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Garment technologists: Garment technologists required on ad-hoc freelance basis. Must be fast and accurate. To work for Leicester-based fashion company / manufacturer
- Gerber Pattern Cutter: Gerber pattern cutter required - based anywhere in UK - to work with technical team of fashion house / manufacturer. Must have strong technical ability to create amended patterns based on specifications and check runs etc. Please apply for more details
- GarmentTechnologist: experienced garment technologist to work with all gender underwear/socks experiece of dealing with overseas factories and high street multiple retailers
- Pattern Cutter: Our client is a garment manufacturer supplying major high street stores with jerseywear. We are in need of a pattern cutter who can ammend patterns from fit comments supplied by the customer. We will supply the first pattern, fit comments and spec sheets and we require an ammended pattern back. Experience needed.