Freelance Business Development, Consulting Bristol, Avon, UK
18 yrs experience High Street, Retail Catering, Hotels, A4 & A3 Developments. STRONG F&B Controls. Srategic Planning. Market Analysis & Research. COST CONTROL, Structuring, Management & TRAINING.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£64.71 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£517.65 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Strategic Development / Market Research / Multi Units / Brand Management / High Volume Catering
• Unique with 18yrs experience in the three major disciplines with in the Hospitality Industry. High Street, Corporate Hotel and Volume Retail Catering a results-producing professional with a proven record of accomplishment, achievements in set business goals and objectives. Demonstrated success, driving growth in targeted markets internationally, by implementation of key projects, initiatives and sustainable viability studies.
• Assets being, commercially and financially astute with strong organizational skills. I take a broad approach to business and development. Strong sales and revenue generation with ultimate customer service ethics. Solid leadership skills with the ability to lead performing teams. Adept in communicating with all levels of business.
• Strategic Planning/High volume Catering
• Budget Preparation & Cost Control
• Collateral Development & Brand Development
• Management & Administration
• Multi Unit Development A4 & A3
• Restructuring & Implementation
• Market Research & Analysis
• Training & SOP Programmes
(Feb 2007 to Aug 2007)
Business Development, ConsultingSouth West, UK
Project management design and commissioning of a new 230 cover restaurant unit.
Liaison between client Contractors, Architects, Landlord and Local council of all Operational aspects.
Structuring existing unit by implementing standards, operating methods and procedures
Setting up and commissioning of financial reporting and POS system for the group.
Negotiate and setting up national purchasing agreements.
(Aug 2006 to Feb 2007)
Head Operations Emirates StadiumLondon
• Overseeing all Retail & Hospitality aspect of the worlds newest 60 000 seat stadium with a income of Mil 25 annually.
• 37 Retail outlets with a total of 187 POS, 17 Restaurant outlets and 1 signature unit operated with Raymond Blanc.
• Responsible for budgets and P&L as well as the marketing and development of Retail and Hospitality outlets.
• Setting up retail purchasing contracts for the mobilization of Emirates and Wembly Stadiums.
• Relationship management with key client Arsenal Football Club. Implementing strategy and concepts.
Initiated and heading up a effective Sales team and structuring a Hospitality coordinators team for C&B worth Mil 1.7
Analyzed and implemented a reviewed financial controls system with Debt recovery of 1.2 Million thus far.
Made an efective14% weekly reduction on payroll cost thus far for variable labour.
(2005 to Aug 2006)
• Managing and maintaining of set Budgets and P&L as well as the marketing and development of outlets.
• Define strategy for and develop concepts, setting up LSOP and processes to achieve higher standards.
Drove up target-market product sales by 17% YOY through designing and launching new strategy.
Increased revenue TO from 700 – £1.3Mil YOY by product development and a highly effective Cost reduction.
Propelling quest satisfaction results from 79% - 85% in nine months, currently averaging 94% exceeding Group targets.
(2004 to 2005)
Operations ManagerFour Pillars Hotel Group , Midlands
• Establishing the Marketing, Re–Branding and sales of all the newly developed concepts of the property.
• Developing and setting up several New Food and beverage concepts for the property.
Reduced Cost to set budget targets food 24% from 37% & beverage to 19% from 31%.
Reduced Labour cost with £20 000 YOY and Labour turn over from 47% to 21%.
(2000 to 2004)
F&B II (Ops Director)Carnival Cruise Lines , US
• Formulating, authorizing and controlling weekly F&B and operational supply expenditure needs.
• Responsible for leading a work force of 482, with 22 beverage and 14 Restaurant outlets operating 24hrs.
• Overseeing budgeting and costing targets are in line to set parameters reporting to VP Operations.
Successfully inaugurating the world’s four largest passenger liners totalling a value of 2.7 Billion dollars.
Mastered effective volume catering production, serving 5000 passengers 24hrs daily with multi outlets and functions.
(1998 to 2000)
Development DirectorParadigm Investments (PTY) Ltd., Africa
• A two year Economic Development program initiated and headed by the United Nations.
• Negotiating on International and Ministerial levels the marketing/tendering High Street Franchise, Hotels and Resorts.
• Marketing and generating budget planning for franchise development projects in (SADC) African countries.
• Market research, compiling viability studies and sourcing property to integrate for High Street development.
Successfully established a stable tourist trade in the SADC regions worth 672Million Dollars.
Negotiated with international High Street brands and opening numerous venues, restaurants and resorts in Africa
(1996 to 1998)
Operations DirectorMexican Waterfront Franchising Company , South Africa
• Marketing, brand development and product development of a newly founded High Street Brand.
• Negotiating and maintaining contracts with national suppliers and contractors for the group.
• Developed training and operating procedures for implementation as well as facilitating in franchisees operations.
Successfully opened 17 High street units nationally with in the first two years of operation.
Implemented a two year Marketing strategy and branding policy for the group.
(1993 to 1996)
Operational Area ManagerSaddles Steak Franchise , South Africa
• Dealing on CEO levels as well as overseeing the training of employees and franchisees.
• Compiling monthly consolidated income statements for the group. Monitoring the Food Costing aspects.
• Inspecting all outlets nation wide to ensure standardization thru out the group and support to franchisees.
Successfully opened 23 additional High street units nationally worth 11.5 Million.
Drew up and implemented Training manuals, Recipe presentation manuals and SOP for the Group.
(1989 to 1993)
Hotel Management Graduate“The Palace”, Sun City – Bophuthatswana
• Opening team of the “The Palace.” The biggest Five Star resort in the Southern hemisphere as a Duty manager.
• Catered to Heads of State, Ministers, International Stars and Celebrity’s.
Completed my four year Hotel Management Internship with Sun International
Bachelors Degree, Business / Administration • University of South Africa – South Africa
Financial Management Diploma, • University of South Africa – South Africa
Hotel Management Diploma, • Sun International - Bophuthatswana
Culinary Diploma, • Johnson & Wales University- Miami FL, USA
USPH Certified (2000VSP) • US CDC - Miami FL, USA
STCW Certified • US Coast Guard - Miami FL, USA
BII Certified • Licensing Council -Bristol, United Kingdom
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- Fundraising Executive : We are working with a national children's charity based in Finland, Helsinki , currently recruiting for a Fundraising Executive to maximize relations and ongoing support from their selected 'key' supporter group. Your role will be to deliver fundraising activities for key supporter development, ensuring income and expenditure targets are met and that the potential of each supporter is maximized. Your role will be to
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Conference & Banqueting
- Food & Beverage Management (Management)
- General Management (Management)
- Management (Management)
- Operations Management (Management)
- Career Progression (Talent Management)
- Communication (Employee Relations)
- Consultation (Employee Relations)
- Employee Recognition (Employee Relations)
- Employee Retention (Employee Relations)
- Employee Surveys (Employee Relations)
- Exit Interviews (Talent Management)
- Investors in People (Employee Relations)
- Long Term Incentives (Talent Management)
- Progression Planning (Talent Management)
- Staff Morale (Talent Management)
- Team Building (Talent Management)
- Advertising Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Budget Control (Project Consultancy)
- Business Development (Business Consulting)
- Business Impact Analysis (Project Consultancy)
- Business Integration (Business Consulting)
- Business Intelligence (Project Consultancy)
- Business Plan Creation (Marketing Consulting)
- Business Planning (Business Consulting)
- Business Reengineering (Business Consulting)
- Capital Project Appraisal
- Change Management (Project Consultancy)
- Communication All Levels (Project Consultancy)
- Company Start-up
- Competitive Analysis
- Contract Management
- Cost Reduction
- Customer Care (Business Consulting)
- Disaster Recovery
- Downsizing (Business Consulting)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Facilities Management (Business Consulting)
- Feasibility Studies (Business Consulting)
- Gap Analysis (Business Consulting)
- General Management (Business Consulting)
- Hospitality (Project Consultancy)
- Interim Managing Director (Business Consulting)
- Interim Operations Director (Business Consulting)
- International Commerce (Business Consulting)
- Investor Relations Management
- Large Company - UK
- Man Management (Project Consultancy)
- Management Buy Out/In
- Managing Suppliers (Project Consultancy)
- Market Research (Marketing Consulting)
- Marketing Management (Marketing Consulting)
- Mentoring (Project Consultancy)
- Multinational Organisation (Project Consultancy)
- Multi-National Organisations
- New Product Launch (Marketing Consulting)
- Offshore Development (Project Consultancy)
- Operations Analysis (Business Consulting)
- Organisational Development
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Private Sector (Project Consultancy)
- Process Design
- Process Mapping
- Procurement/Purchasing (Business Consulting)
- Product Development (Business Consulting)
- Profit Improvement
- Programme Management (Project Consultancy)
- Project (Microsoft)
- Project Management (Project Consultancy)
- Project Support (Project Consultancy)
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Management
- Small Business Development (Business Consulting)
- Stock/Inventory Planning (Business Consulting)
- Strategic Analysis (Business Consulting)
- Supply Chain (Project Consultancy)
- Training (Project Consultancy)
- Word (Microsoft)
- Advertisement (Design)
- Desktop Publishing (Design)
- External Communications
- Internal Communications