Freelance HR Systems Consultant Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, UK
Practical HR professional designing HR policies and procedures for online hosting, facilitating people management processes from recruitment to release, and delivering HRIS implementation projects.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£58.82 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£470.59 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Started own business 5 years ago to deliver professional HR advice and support with focus on the not-for-profit sector. Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and PRINCE2 Registered Practitioner in project management. Flexible and pragmatic, willing and able to take on the operational as well as the strategic, delivering to time and quality requirements. Strong IT skills.
Previous employment in international development charities to HR Director level. Before moving into HR as a profession, worked in agricultural development in Tanzania for 10 years and was then a Regional Manager based in London managing people and grant programmes in West and Southern Africa.
Aim: to enable people to flourish in the workplace.
Qualified to administer the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the associated Management Team Roles Indicator (MTRi).
(Jun 2007 & ongoing)
Independent HR Consultant with focus on developing effective HR frameworks to support business needs, including HR policies and procedures, recruitment, job evaluation, salary reviews, organisation development, learning & development and facilitation in disciplinary and grievance cases.
(Feb 2007 to Jun 2007)
Member of team of 6 Directors with responsibility to lead the Human Resources Department comprising UK HR Manager, International HR Manager, 2 HR Advisors and Office Manager. Lead Head Office contact for Heads of HR and Country Representatives (directors) in 15 operational countries in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa on HR policy development and HR management issues. Working closely with 4 Heads of Region and Directors/managers in UK departments on implementation, evaluation and development of HR policies and procedures. WaterAid has 140 staff in UK including 20 in 6 UK regional offices and 400 staff in Country Programmes including 20 staff on international contracts/assignments.
• Successful transition to HR Director role on departure of previous Director who left after 18 months in post
• Developed provisional HR Strategy to support the organisational strategy
• Investigated, designed and making plans to implement Management Development Programme
• Improved induction programme and process for new UK and international staff
• Managing the re-assessment for Investors in People accreditation and developing consequent action plan
• Supervised first year-end of in-house payroll system
• Directed development of Health and Safety Policy with Office Manager
(Sep 2005 to Jan 2007)
International HR ManagerLondon
Appointed as part of new HR Department based in Head Office with specific responsibility to work with Head Office Regional Desks and Country Programmes, concentrating on those in East Africa and Southern Africa Regions.
• Developed and promoted use of 4-R framework of Recruitment, Retention, Reward and Release for HR policies and procedures, with focus on recruitment, secondment, mentoring and international travel policies
• Investigated, proposed and implemented the new HR database and move from bureau to in-house payroll systems (including double transition)
• Investigated potential intranet development (using Sharepoint) with Communications and IT Departments to improve internal communications and knowledge management across the organisation
• Developed, managed and delivered regular induction programmes for new UK and international staff
• Led training workshops internationally in Regional Management Team meetings on e.g. appraisal procedures, HR policies framework, e-mail management and effective meetings
• Worked with Heads of Region and Country Representatives on recruitment for significant staff posts
• Worked with Country Programme HR staff remotely and by visits to promote policy consistency across Country Programmes appropriate to their context
• Investigated, recommended and implemented WaterAid membership of ‘People in Aid’ umbrella and networking organisation for International Non-Governmental Organisations and promotion of its Code of Good Practice
• Contributed on work-life balance and similar issues to the monthly internal staff newsletter
(Jun 1994 to Aug 2005)
Personnel & Training ManagerChurch Mission Society (CMS), London
HR professional experienced in developing and implementing strategy for international charity working in Africa, Asia and Europe, including change management, HR development and remote team working. Personnel Manager, responsible for international mission partners (200) working in over 34 countries; Head of Personnel and Training Team. Systems supervisor for personnel database with training responsibility. Chair of CMS Management Team; Chair of Global Connections/Churches Commission on Mission (CCOM) Personnel Forum network of mission and aid agencies.
(Apr 1991 to Jun 1994)
Regional ManagerChurch Mission Society (CMS), London
Regional Manager for West and Southern Africa and Sudan, responsible for personnel and partnership programmes. Negotiated and managed 65 international placements across 8 countries.
(Sep 1981 to Mar 1991)
Programme ManagerKanisa la Jimbo la Tanzania, Tanzania
Programme Manager, responsible for project appraisal, proposals, funding applications, establishment, operations and development of integrated aquacultural project working nationally. Liaison with national and regional government fisheries departments, VSO, Peace Corps, village and community leaders to promote fish farming. Built and developed only national fish hatchery and promoted integrated aquacultural projects at village and commercial level. Researched and introduced concept of duck-fish farming in Tanzania. Successfully attracted projects funds from UK, USA and Canada and reported to donors.
Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
Registered Practitioner PRINCE2
(Sep 1997 to Sep 1998)
Anglia Polytechnic University
Post Grad Diploma Human Resource Management
Management Report: Investors in People
(Jun 1991 to Sep 1994)
Wye College, University of London
MSc Agricultural Development
(Sep 1973 to Jun 1976)
University of Reading
BSc Honours 2i Agricultural Economics
Limited Company Status
Registered in England and Wales as a Limited Company. The Limited Company hereby opts out of The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (the ‘regulations’).
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Bond Adapt Expert: I require some training in using Bond Adapt. I need training on being an administrator on this system. Please apply for more details
- Myers Briggs Practitioner : We need a myers briggs practitioner for a session on Wednesday morning 25th November 2009
- Freelance accountant in charity sector required. AAT/QBE part or fully qualified.
- HR Consultancy: Small national charity based in London is looking for an HR consultant with experience in strategic advice on restructuring, capacity gaps, appraisal systems and HR processes. Review should be completed by mid January, so interested candidates should get in touch as soon as possible. Please contact Alexis Taylor for more information - email@example.com - 0845 3710722
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Seller 252452, London, Greater London, UK [£23.53 per hr]
I am experienced in small company accounts to Balance Sheet, mainly charities. I am very versatile and can work in any environment. Based in Luton, I am available immediately to work in surrounding ar..
- Seller 255004, Bishop's Stortford, Herts , UK [£29.41 per hr]
A self motivated, experienced entrepreneur with a tenacious attitude of excellence, looking to create strategic partnerships with co's that have a requirement to increase efficiency and profitability
- Office Manager / Bookkeeper, London, UK [£29.41 per hr]
Flexible office management + bookkeeping if req. Maternity cover, part-time or a few hours. Moving office? I'll take care of the administration for a smooth transition. Wide range of skills covered.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Appraisal Training (Performance Management)
- Bond Adapt (Software Experience)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Communication Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Delivery (Training & Development - Training)
- Employee Handbook (HR Administration)
- Employee Surveys (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Evaluation (Training & Development - Training)
- HR Operations (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Induction Process (Recruitment)
- Induction Training (Training & Development)
- Interviewing (Recruitment)
- Investors in People (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- IT Training Courses (Training & Development)
- Leadership Development (Training & Development)
- Managerial Development (Training & Development)
- Methods (Training & Development - Training)
- MS PowerPoint (Training & Development - IT Training Courses)
- Needs Analysis (Training & Development - Training)
- Personnel Records (HR Administration)
- Policies (Training & Development - Training)
- Policies & Procedures (HR Administration)
- Programme Design (Training & Development - Training)
- Psychometric Testing (Recruitment)
- Secondment (Training & Development)
- Select HR (Software Experience)
- Snowdrop Systems (Software Experience)
- Team Building (Performance Management)
- Team Building (Training & Development)
- Training (Training & Development)
- Workforce (Software Experience)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- HR Plans (HR Consulting)
- HR Policies (HR Consulting)
- HR Strategy (HR Consulting)
- Interim HR Director (HR Consulting)
- Management Development (HR Consulting)
- Myers Briggs (HR Consulting)
- Organisational Development
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Team Building (HR Consulting)
- Word (Microsoft)