Freelance Lawyer Truro, Cornwall, UK
BARRISTER/EMPLOYMENT LAWYER, highly experienced in all aspects of claimant and respondent work including advocacy. Wide business background plus civil litigation and PI work in private practice.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£88.24 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£705.88 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Wide-ranging business experience, strong analytical skills together with excellent organisational and administrative capabilities. Articulate, personable and enthusiastic as well as being a good communicator and negotiator. Flexible, adaptable, resourceful and determined.
LAW LECTURER/TUTOR: Experienced in a range of subject areas at all levels of law from AS level to postgraduate and professional legal qualifications.
(May 2010 & ongoing)
Part time work for a claims management company advising on civil litigation matters.
(2007 & ongoing)
Freelance Regional Employment Lawyer
Acting for existing clients, on an ad-hoc basis, and involved with marketing and advertising for new ones. (Introduced three new clients so far).
(2001 & ongoing)
Law Tutor (part-time on ad-hoc basis)Mylor Bridge, Cornwall
Introduced to students by Cornwall Tutors to give private tuition from ‘A’ level to undergraduate level on various areas of law, continuing on an occasional, ad-hoc basis.
(1995 & ongoing)
Law lecturer/TutorTruro, Cornwall
Teaching law (and previously other, non-academic, subjects) at further education and higher education level on short-term contracts). I had responsibility for course planning, management and delivery, including creating, providing and regularly reviewing students’ materials and resources; acting as a personal tutor as well as academic supporter; ensuring continual innovative reassessment of course structure to sustain student interest.
(Nov 2007 to Oct 2008)
Employment lawyer (freelance locum)Plymouth, Devon
Temporary, fixed-term contract to cover all aspects of advice and representation for clients involved in litigation.
(Jan 2006 to Mar 2007)
Specialist Employment LawyerTruro, Cornwall
Fixed-term contract to privide advice on all aspects of employment law for the Legal Services’ Commission’s Legal Helpline from initial enquiry to hearing. This encompassed:
• Advising, drafting, negotiating, conciliating and representing (with a heavy emphasis on pre-hearing settlements)
• Dealing with up to 8 new clients per day
• Self-supervising (gained LSC's supervisory status) and working from home
• Recording a minimum of 5 chargeable hours a day to achieve a target of 1100 hours per annum
• Adhering to LSC's rules and observing the Special Quality Mark procedures
• Achieved thousands of pounds of compensation, and other benefits, for clients with no cases lost
(Aug 2003 to Sep 2005)
Business Manager/Consultant (part time and full time)
Retained to provide business, legal, financial and marketing advice concerning the running of a charitable venture with associated warehouse, shops and offices. Sole adviser on employment and personnel matters; chaired meetings; instigated and developed new business plan; thoroughly overhauled organisational effectiveness and implemented cost saving changes; reviewed health and safety procedures and policy; introduced concept of strategic planning to the trustees and improved ways of running the organisation.
(Dec 2003 to May 2005)
Working at two firms of solicitors handling employment, personal injury matters (and some debt collection), dealing with all steps from initial client interview to hearing and costs.
(Mar 2001 to Nov 2003)
Civil Litigation Lawyer/ManagerThurstan Hoskin & Partners,solicitors
Working for Thurstan Hoskin & Partners, solicitors, to run the civil litigation department (non-family) mainly dealing with employment and personal injury work. Also dealt with landlord and tenant problems, housing and debt.
(1986 to 1988)
Bar Practiceself-employed, London
• experienced a wide range of civil and criminal law
• advocacy in Magistrates, Youth, Crown and County and High courts
• dealt with paperwork and legal research, wrote pleadings and opinions
• evaluated information to present in a succinct form
• initiated and co-ordinated data retrieval for mass volume of evidence
• kept accurate notes of court evidence and judicial rulings
• summary writing for Court of Appeal
7 'O' levels
2 'A' levels
BA (Hons) degree in law
Membership of professional bodies:
Courses/seminars attended: Institute of Directors course (current), employment law and civil litigation updates, age discrimination legislation, TUPE Regulations 2006, seminar for senior managers, equal opportunities legislation, stress in the workplace litigation, Human Rights Act, health and safety legislation, various computer courses, updates concerning civil litigation and personal injury, language courses in French, German and Italian.
(Sep 1983 to Jun 1984)
Inns of Court School of Law
(Sep 1980 to Jun 1983)
BA (Hons) degree in Law
Undertook a variety of secretarial, administrative and organisational posts including:
• working in solicitors’ offices in London (including Herbert Smith and Amhurst Brown), commercial legal departments, The Church Commissioners and national newspapers.
• researching and negotiating in competitive environments as a media executive with Benton and Bowles, a major London advertising agency
• conference organising for up to 800 delegates with PurchasePoint
• marketing and designing advertising and promotional material
• preparing cash-flow analysis, managing finance and accounts
Languages: French, German, and Italian (none fluent)
Personal details: Born in the UK, holder of full British driving licence, non-smoker
Interests: Reading, walking, cello, saxophone, chess, sailing.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Lawyer: UK-qualified Lawyer required to do the following for Middle East-based company: - Confidentiality Agreements - Contracts of employment - Copyright design registration Please apply for more details
- Freelance Employment Solicitor: I am looking for a freelance employment solicitor. I am starting my own business and need a contract written up for any retainer work that I do.
- Solicitor: Seeking personal injury solicitors to advise on claim and process with third party. Please apply for more details.
- Solicitor/Employment Lawyer : Employment Claim Submission to Court. Preparation of claim to overseas Civil & Commercial Court .The claim is based on straightforward breach of contract . The exceutive employment agreeement is well written and airtight . The employer simply does not want to pay the contracted severance pay which is clearly delineated in the employment agreement.
- Freelance Claims Litigation: We are a regulated Claims Management Company, currently representing over 30,000 clients in a wide range of financial claims. We have a large number of claims that require bringing legal proceedings against the Financial Services providers involved, and have created complex bespoke legal software to enable us to create all the relevant documents.
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Lawyer HR Dir. and Board Level Project Manager , Solihull, West Midlands, UK [£58.82 per hr]
( review)A Lawyer and Human Resource consultant. Formerly HR Director and Legal Director for global mulitnational. Specialisations include contract reviews, employment contracts,redundancies ,disciplinary and ..
- Seller 253427, Ilford, Essex, UK [£117.65 per hr]
Entrepreneurial consultant with a legal background. Specialising in outsourcing and general business consultancy to B2B markets. All round capability for real change and value add to all organisations
- Seller 294547, Rye, East Sussex, UK [£58.82 per hr]
A positive, proactive and dynamic professional combining a strong legal background with extensive experience in business &charity work and local government. Possesses exceptional interpersonal skills
- Commercial & Contracts Director / Lawyer, Ellon, Aberdeenshire, UK [£94.12 per hr]
Experienced Commercial Manager and qualified lawyer providing pragmatic commercial & contract solutions (contract drafting, review and negotiation, tender management & review & proof reading)