Freelance LEGAL CASHIER/ CREDIT CONTROLLER Lichfield, Staffordshire , UK
I currently looking to progress further within an accounts environment.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£11.76 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£94.12 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I am currently working as a legal cashier/ credit controller within an accounts department for a solicitors firm in Birmingham city centre.
I am a self motivated individual with a drive for ambition and responsibility. I can work under pressure and to strict time scales.
I find accounts very interesting and enjoy talking and negotiating payment settlements or payments schedules over the telephone and face to face with clients.
I like to build up a good rapport with my debtors so that we both can have a understanding of how we can settle debt with ease and make both parties feel comfortable with the settlement figure.
I am currently studying towards my AAT qualification as I feel it is very important to have all round knowledge and understanding of accounts and procedures when dealing with clients.
(Jun 2007 & ongoing)
LEGAL CASHIER/ CREDIT CONTROLLER
My sole role here is to generate and process all invoices and cheques on a daily basis.
Allocating costs to Fee Earners.
Reconciling statements/ banking on daily and monthly basis.
Processing BACS & CHAPS payments.
Transferring journals from different accounts.
Raising client & office cheques.
Mentoring new colleges
Chasing clients & companies for outstanding monies over the telephone and face to Face.
Reporting directly to the credit controller
Each account worth approximately £1,000
Putting accounts on stop,
Liaising with solicitors to initiate legal proceedings for accounts past payment terms
Negotiating instalment plans to recover debts.
Issuing statements at month end.
Dealing with any other queries by Fee Earners.
General purchase ledger duties.
Processing legal aid bills.
(Jun 2006 to Jul 2007)
• My sole role here was to assist the accountant with day to day running of accounts
• Calculating hours worked against employees time sheets
• Reconciling daily banking
• Processing all monies for banking on a daily basis
• Making float bags for all departments
(Feb 2005 to Jul 2006)
• Offering excellent customer service to all our clients
• Organizing and administrating all my Corporate clients
• Dealing with Insurance companies and clients over the telephone and face to face
• Building up an excellent rapport with clients, so that the company can retain existing business and gain more business.
• Prioritizing my daily work load effectively and efficiently
• Chasing clients & Insurance companies for outstanding monies
I am currently in my first year of my AAT
St Francis of Assisi Technology College
GCSEs Grades -
B - Physical Education
C- English Literature
B - English Language
B - Maths
C - Textiles
C - Religious education
D - Art & Design
D - Science
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- Credit Manager: We require an experienced Credit Manager to start with us at the beginning of April. The project involves managing a contract which will start out quite small in terms of activity but will soon grow. It requires great attention to detail to ensure that the SLA between our company and the customer are adhered to.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- BACS (Accountancy)
- Bank Reconciliations (Accountancy)
- Bookkeeping (Accountancy)
- Cash Handling (Accountancy)
- CHAPS (Accountancy)
- Cheque Runs (Accountancy)
- Client Accounting (Accountancy)
- Control Account Reconciliations (Accountancy)
- Cost Control (Accountancy)
- Cost Reduction (Accountancy)
- Credit Notes/Refunds (Accountancy)
- Expenses (Accountancy)
- Fund Accounting (Accountancy)
- General / Nominal Ledger (Accountancy)
- Journals (Accountancy)
- Legal Cashiering (Accountancy)
- Prepayments (Accountancy)
- Product Accounting (Accountancy)
- Project Accounting (Accountancy)
- Purchase Ledger (Accountancy)
- Sales Ledger (Accountancy)
- Solicitors Account Rules (Accountancy)
- Trial Balance (Accountancy)
- VAT Returns (Accountancy)