Freelance Performance and Reward Specialist Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, UK
A professional, experienced Performance and Reward Manager with excellent operational skills including job evaluation, salary benchmarking, variable pay design, and linking pay to performance.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£58.82 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£470.59 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
13 November 2009: It was a great pleasure to work with Cathryn. She carefully understood the brief and proceeded to deliver work of an excellent standard within efficient timescales, whilst maintaining a flexible approach throughout the project to adapt to the client's evolving requirements. Would certainly recommend her as an expert in her field and hope to work with her again at some point.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I am a Reward professional with twelve years experience, having worked previously in Generalist and Business roles. My career started in Financial Services, notably as an EMEA Compensation Manager for American Express where amongst my successes I carried out total remuneration studies and was the Global Test Lead for an e-HR module. As an independent Reward Consultant I worked with clients in the not-for-profit sector and SME ventures including creation of variable pay plans and salary benchmarking. I joined EDF Energy in 2009 to manage reward activities for a large division relating to a merger and subsequently managed the Performance and Reward team.
I am a full member of the CIPD achieved through passing a Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management and continuous personal development. I am proficient in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel and have extensive experience using PeopleSoft and SAP.
(Nov 2012 & ongoing)
HRBP - PerformanceSussex
* To implement an online performance system
* To develop and roll out training on performance
* To monitor and make recommendations for ongoing usage of the system,
(Apr 2008 & ongoing)
Performance and Reward ConsultantShoreham by Sea
I am the owner of this company providing consultancy services in Human Resources and notably in the field of Performance and Reward. Clients include organisations in the private, public sector (Local Government), Not for Profit sectors and Utilities.
• Project Management (Year End Process; Reward elements relating to a merger)
• Implementation of a Performance Management System
• Data integrity and analysis
• Job Evaluation and salary benchmarking
• Performance Related Pay
• Data integrity and analysis
(Jul 2010 to Nov 2012)
Interim Performance and Reward Manager
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Resourcing and Training, I lead the specialist performance and reward team within the Energy Sourcing and Customer Supply (ESCS) Division.
• Responsible for the leadership of a team of 4 Reward Specialists and 2 Performance Specialists to provide remuneration advice and management within the ESCS division including personal development, goal management and coaching.
• Manage the Performance and Reward Plans for the performance year and develop the plans for the next performance year to link to business deliverables.
• Build a close working relationship with Corporate Reward to ensure that ESCS is both represented in discussions on policy change, but also that plans within this division are in line with the overall Performance and Reward philosophy of the organisation.
• Represent ESCS in key cross functional meetings such as the Job Evaluation Review Group, Reward Forum and Performance Forum.
• Overall responsibility for the delivery of a proactive performance platform within ESCS which links Performance and Reward, and in addition utilises other specialist functions (ER, Training) to ensure individual performance is managed.
• Participate in the development of and lead the ESCS implementation of key Corporate wide projects e.g. Flex Benefits, Total Reward Statements
(Aug 2009 to Jul 2010)
Interim Reward ConsultantHove, East Sussex
Working in a unionised environment and reporting to the Senior Manager of Performance and Reward, I provided specialist reward support for key business initiatives and business units within the Energy Sourcing and Customer Supply (ESCS) Division.
• Managed the Job Evaluation (using Hay methodology) and Contracting process relating to a major restructure of the business in ESCS following the acquisition of British Energy.
• Represent ESCS on a Cross Divisional Job Evaluation Committee for
• Defined and implemented a pay structure for key corporate functions which showed a premium payment in the external market.
• Managed pay process for bonuses and pay review within business areas that I support.
(Apr 2006 to Mar 2008)
Freelance HR ConsultantShoreham by Sea
I have completed various contracts which include
• Employment Contract Audit and development of new terms and conditions
• Employee Handbook Audit and creation of new policies
• Job Evaluation
• Pay Benchmarking and Salary Recommendation
• Variable Pay Plan development
• Creation of Job Descriptions and Person Specifications
• Creation of competencies for use in recruitment and an interview plan
• Project Management of the Year End Process for large organisation including
the facilitation of appraisals, salary decision and incentive payment decisions.
(Aug 2003 to Jul 2005)
Compensation Manager EMEAAmerican Express, Brighton
• Compensation consultancy for specific lines of business/ markets in EMEA including market analysis, executive offers, market reviews, year end process and variable pay plans.
• Design and development of compensation programmes to support the company philosophy and enable the business to achieve long term goals.
• Focal point for management of specific business lines across the EMEA region and/ or globally.
• Led a team to review the EMEA Job Evaluation process.
• Mentor the Team Leader of EMEA Compensation Process Team.
• Attend external seminars/ meetings for benchmarking and networking with peers
• Compensation point of contact for EMEA e-HR implementation
(Oct 2003 to Apr 2004)
Secondment - Global eHR Test LeadAmerican Express, Brighton
• From the design document, development of test scripts to evaluate new e-HR modules ability to meet the organisation’s requirements.
• Sourced and managed a global team of testers for two phases per module – System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
• Worked with American Express development team and third party provider to feed back findings and search for solutions to issues raised.
• Re-tested modules as required.
• Developed Change Management training for the two modules which were due for release in 2004 and delivered in time for roll out.
• Provided Global support as required for implementation.
(Oct 2002 to Jul 2003)
Compensation ConsultantAmerican Express, Brighton
• Compensation consultation and delivery within specific lines of business to drive business objectives and goals e.g. develop a salary management plan in response to a business issue such as recruitment and retention.
• Compensation consultancy for defined markets within EMEA.
• Identification, design (where appropriate) and implementation of compensation programmes and policies in response to a business issue e.g. variable pay programmes
• Provide education programmes for business units and/ or human resources partners in the compensation philosophy of the organisation.
• Manage specific projects, such as Total Remuneration reviews in the markets.
• Led a project team to identify issues with Leadership Effectiveness in the EMEA HR function identified in the annual Employee Survey. This culminated in a Leadership training/ awareness day and ongoing initiatives to improve employee satisfaction across the function. Sharp increase in staff satisfaction seen at next survey.
• Budget responsibility for the EMEA Compensation and Benefits team
• Attend external seminars/ meeting for benchmarking and networking with peers
(Nov 2000 to Sep 2002)
Compensation AnalystAmerican Express, Brighton
• Provide proactive compensation support for the Compensation Managers and Business Leaders working in a specific line of business
• Input to salary surveys and analysis of the results
• Analyse market data (salary surveys and additional sources) to provide recommendations to the business based on the findings e.g. market pricing, specific payments such as shift allowances etc
• Manage the job evaluation process for the organisation and participate in Job Evaluation committees.
• Specific projects as required e.g. implementation of new systems within the function.
I am a Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
(Sep 2001 to Jun 2003)
University of Portsmouth (Chichester College)
Post Graduate Certificate in Management
Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management (Merit)
(Sep 1992 to Jul 1996)
University of Luton
BA (Hons) in Business Studies - Classification 2:1
BT-Hemel Hempstead- Temporary Personnel Officer- July 1996- December 1996
• Personnel Administrator reporting to the Resources Manager
• Co-ordination of the Voluntary Redundancy scheme
• Provided weekly analysis of redundancies made to the Personnel Director
• Assisting in Personnel processes such as job evaluation and resourcing reviews for use in discussion with the Unions.
American Express- Brighton- Human Resources Consultant- January 1997- November 1998
• Relationship Management between Human Resources and Line Management to facilitate effective management of workforce issues/ projects e.g. re-structure, recruitment and employee relations, TUPE transfers
• Relationship Management between American Express and external suppliers e.g. recruitment consultants, to ensure cost-effective and efficient service
• Interpreting employment legislation and applying it to situations which arose within my internal client groups.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- HR Consultant : HR Consultant required for freelance Reward work.
- Ad-hoc Freelance reward work for CubikSurvey
- Ad-hoc Freelance reward work for CubikSurvey
- HR Consultant - Performance Related Pay: An organisation is keen to introduce a performance related pay (PRP) scheme. Historically an annual cost of living award has been given to all employees, irrespective of individual performance. A bonus scheme has also been in place, but bonus payments have been made inconsistently without an appropriate measurement system. The organisation would like to replace the annual cost of living award with a well considered,
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Human Resources Professional - Freelance, Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK [£58.82 per hr]
( review)Freelance Human Resource (HR) professional. Experienced in HR support to small and large businesses, organisational change & rationalisation (restructures, redundancy, change management). HR policies..
- Seller 275046, Bushey, Hertfordshire, UK [£117.65 per hr]
An established HR Professional with a generalist background who has speciliased in reward and the more strategic elements of HR. I offer HR support and consultancy to meet a variety of client needs.
- Reward Management Consultant, Swindon, Wiltshire, UK [£141.18 per hr]
I specialise in integrated and total reward solutions, often working with leading-edge partners to deliver technology based services, performance management, employee benefits and employee engagement.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Employee Pay/Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- Equality & Diversity
- HR Administration
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- Absence Records (HR Administration)
- Annual Leave (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Appointments (Recruitment)
- Appraisal Training (Performance Management)
- Appraising Performance (Performance Management)
- Competency Based Pay (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Competency Testing (Recruitment)
- Consultation (Employee Relations)
- Disciplinary Issues (Performance Management)
- Discipline & Grievances (Employment Law)
- Dismissal (Employment Law)
- Employee Handbook (HR Administration)
- Employee Recognition (Employee Relations)
- Employee Self Service (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Employee Surveys (Employee Relations)
- Equal Pay (Equality & Diversity)
- Exit Interviews (Talent Management)
- Flexible Working (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- HR Trends (HR Administration)
- Incentive Pay & Bonuses (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Interviewing (Recruitment)
- Job Evaluation (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Maternity/Paternity Rights (Employment Law)
- Minimum Wage (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Pay Structures (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Performance Related Pay (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Personnel Records (HR Administration)
- Policies & Procedures (HR Administration)
- Redundancy (Employment Law)
- Reference Checking (Recruitment)
- Salary Benchmarking (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Salary Surveys (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Short Term Incentives (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Terms & Conditions (Employment Law)