Freelance Training officer Manchester, UK
A skilled and creative trainer, facilitator and curriculum developer, with a wide range of experience across the development and humanitarian sectors. Also has extensive experience of resource production and writing for various audiences.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£41.18 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£329.41 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
(Aug 2008 to Dec 2011)
From Aug 08 Training Officer RedR
Developing and delivering general and bespoke training courses for humanitarian workers including:
• Managing people in emergencies.
• Essentials of humanitarian practice.
• Transforming meetings.
• Training of trainers.
• So you think you want to be a relief worker.
Developed a competency framework for Managing people in Emergencies, which is now credit-rated at Masters level.
(Oct 2008 to Jul 2010)
Developing and delivering continuous professional development opportunities for teachers, emphasising the use of participatory methodologies and global science. Courses included:
• Climate change.
• Malaria as a way of engaging with ‘How science works.’
• Science for global citizenship.
(Aug 2007 to Dec 2007)
• Health education – training local women to work as health promoters in their communities.
• Earthquake relief – working with local people to clear rubble and start rebuilding. Gained a sound understanding of how a lack of perception of safety impacts on a community.
• English academy coordinator – writing syllabus and plans, helping other volunteers with their lessons, marketing, teaching.
Key achievement - Redesigning the entire English curriculum to improve quality of teaching and offer more support to volunteers.
(May 2002 to Aug 2006)
Senior Education Officer, Marketing department
• Researching, writing and producing printed, digital and online education materials.
• Developing a deep understanding of development issues in various countries, in particular the impact of HIV, food security, deforestation and education.
• Promoting materials at workshops and conferences and through the media and catalogues.
• Developing and delivering teacher training workshops and courses.
• Organising and running events for children.
• Developing partnerships with individuals and organizations including science learning centres, examiners, Association of Science Education, Greenpeace and publishers.
• Managing projects involving budgeting, logistics, recruitment and management of personnel.
• Leading extended research visits to Kenya and Brazil. Working with local people to produce poster and DVD packs for infant schools based on these visits. These received excellent reviews and sales have been high.
• Pandemic – a multimedia teaching pack and two day course for teachers of Health and biology. This received support from one of the chief examiners, the Association for Science Education and the network of Science Learning Centres.
• Having articles published by the TES, Guardian and Teaching Citizenship.
(Sep 1998 to Jun 2000)
Teacher in Secondary Schools in KenyaVSO
• Taught Biology, Chemistry and English to university entrance standard.
• Developed teaching resources and introduced participatory teaching methods.
• Ran science club and introduced badminton and rounders to the school.
• Developed library facilities and organised reading scheme.
• Lived and worked in a small rural community.
Key achievement - Organising and facilitating in-service training for approximately 40 teachers.
(Oct 1994 to Sep 1995)
Voluntary workRomanian Challenge/ Jacobs Well
• Taught basic skills in a neuropsychiatric hospital and orphanage in Romania.
• Coordinated the charity’s work in the UK.
Teaching adults (City and Guilds 7307) Harlow College of FE
IT in schools Bromley LEA
Health education in secondary schools Bromley LEA
Mentoring Institute of Education
Writing for children City University
Facilitation skills ActionAid
Project management ActionAid
(May 2001 to May 2003)
Institute of Education
MA in Education and International Development - Health Promotion
Concepts and determinants of health and models of health promotion.
Concepts, theories and issues in Education and Development.
Teaching and learning in the context of international development.
Participatory planning and project management of health promotion.
Dissertation on social capital of young people on the Isle of Dogs.
(Sep 1995 to Jul 1996)
(Sep 1991 to Jun 1994)
University of Bristol
B.Sc.(Hons) in Pharmacology-2(i)
(Sep 1984 to Jul 1991)
Grange Comprehensive School
4 A Levels and 9 GCSEs – Grade A
consultancies and other skills
Oxfam – Edited a book on global health to be used in secondary schools.
Lonsdale, CGP, Nelson Thornes – Writing of revision guides, workbooks and digital learning materials.
Manchester Development Education Project – Working with school pupils on issues such as malaria and climate change.
Bunac – Interviewer for Platform 2 volunteer placements.
Full clean driving licence.
Basic knowledge of Swahili language and advanced Spanish.
Available on request
- Find Trainers with Project skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Change skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Management skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Management Consultancy skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Media skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Security skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Methods skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Personnel skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Marketing skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Workshops skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Recruitment skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Consultancy skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Project Consultancy skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Development skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Project Management skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Teaching skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Materials skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with IT skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Mentoring skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Writing skills in Manchester.
- Find Trainers with Management Skills skills in Manchester.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Training Consultant: We provide support services mainly to the corporate sector in the Middle East focused on outsourcing, recruitment, strategic HR, training and consultancy. We are putting together our training programme for 2011 and are open to including specialisms which can be delivered by PPH members both in the UK and in the Middle East. You should expect that all training will be directed towards middle management and above within the corporate sector. All trainers will be contracted to us.
- Trainer: We have a regional network, and in November we are hosting an event for the North West region. We are looking for a trainer to run an interactive session for between 10 - 30 administrators & Personal Assistants on Sat 13 November from 10:30 - 11:30 in a hotel in Warrington. We are looking for an affordable option, who will deliver a great hour of training. I would like to know what your cost would be for delivering this session if you are interested.
- Educationalist: Our client is a leading school in Pakistan. They require a freelance educationalist to run a series of training courses for their teachers, on the following topics: • Curriculum development • Lesson planning • Classroom management • Reading and its correlates • Teaching Math and Science • Psychology in the classroom • Administrative leadership
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Biological Science (Further Education)
- Biology (Further Education)
- EFL (Further Education)
- Humanities (Further Education)
- Nursing (Further Education)
- Science (Further Education)
- Social Science (Further Education)
- Staff Training (Further Education)
- Teaching (Further Education)
- TEFL (Further Education)
- External Communications (Communications & Corporate Affairs)
- Health Promotion (Communications & Corporate Affairs - External Communications)
- Public Relations (Communications & Corporate Affairs)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Course Material Development (Training & Development)
- Delivery (Training & Development - Training)
- Evaluation (Training & Development - Training)
- Methods (Training & Development - Training)
- Needs Analysis (Training & Development - Training)
- Policies (Training & Development - Training)
- Programme Design (Training & Development - Training)
- Training (Training & Development)
- Annual Reports (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Case Studies (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Charity/Not for Profit (Marketing)
- Conferences (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Copywriting (Public Relations - Newsletters/In-house Journals)
- Copywriting (Public Relations - Publications)
- Copywriting (Public Relations)
- Event Management (Public Relations)
- Exhibitions (Events)
- Exhibitions & Conferences (Marketing)
- External Communications
- Features (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Internal Communications (Public Relations)
- Internal Communications
- Media Relations (Public Relations)
- Newsletters/In-house Journals (Public Relations)
- Presentation Delivery
- Presentation Preparation
- Press Releases (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Press Releases (Public Relations - Media Relations)
- Proof Reading
- Publications (Public Relations)
- Publicity Material (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Seminars (Events)
- Seminars (Public Relations - Event Management)