Freelance Software Developer Pinner, Middlesex, UK
Lead Software Engineer - Business Analyst/Junior Developer - Technical Consultant
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£29.41 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£235.29 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
(May 2005 & ongoing)
Head of Information TechnologyLondon
(Family Office Investment Management)
• Defined the technology strategy and formalised the operational requirements for the Family Office since inception.
• Assessed I.T. risk in terms of resilience, scalability and disaster recovery.
• Mitigated operational risks to the business and coordinated change processes e.g. changing fund administrators and prime broker service providers.
• Responsible for building a team of dedicated development and infrastructure staff.
• Delivered a bespoke data integration system to consolidate data feeds from leading market data providers, fund administrators, and prime brokers.
• Designed and implemented a multi-asset class position valuation system for long and short equities, CFDs, bonds, options, interest rate swaps and structured products.
• Collaborated with quant analysts to develop and integrate a risk monitoring system.
• Developed portfolio management and trade order management solutions to streamline front and back office business functions.
• Implemented a reporting system for fund investment and private accounting purposes, providing accurate daily cash positions, security positions, and fund NAV calculations.
• Integrated a secure128bit encrypted online investor reporting portal.
(Jun 2001 to May 2005)
Lead Software EngineerLondon
(News and Market Data Provider)
Next Generation Dealing
• Lead a front-end development team to design and build an online conversational and form-based FX dealing system.
• System was developed on the AVT GenIdeal network architecture enhancing availability of STP for back-office deal settlement.
• Offered as a white labelled prime broker solution to increase market liquidity to their clients by leveraging the global Reuters FX trading community.
Reuters Dealing Link
• Assigned to a task force to facilitate transition of ownership of a Reuters' leading FX trading platform from New York to London.
• Formed the development, test, and global support teams in London to maintain product delivery cycles.
• Trained development staff at a code level to understand the end-to-end components of the trading system, and Reuters global transactional dealing networks.
• Responsible for defining the QA strategy and implementing a comprehensive automated test process for both client and server components.
• Collaborated with Business Analysts and product groups to deliver a web-based registration and purchase platform for the complete suite of Reuters client products.
• Developed the client interface with Microsoft experts on the beta release of the Microsoft.Net framework.
• QA responsibilities involved leading a team of five testers of varying skill levels from graduate to experienced automated test analysts.
(Nov 2000 to Jun 2001)
Technical ConsultantKapsys Ltd, Surrey
• Responsible for gathering requirements and delivering web solutions.
• Managed client accounts and ensured system requirements were adhered to throughout the development lifecycle.
• Implemented automated QA procedures.
(Jan 2000 to Nov 2000)
Automated QA LeadNortel Networks, Surrey
• Responsible for system testing the Nortel Networks Preside Portfolio Network Management applications.
• Automated fully comprehensive QA procedures adhering closely to system specifications and development timescales.
• Responsible for training staff in the implementation of automated test processes.
• Managed a multi-platform test-bed environment to ensure integrity of final product release.
(Jul 1999 to Jan 2000)
QA ConsultantThe Software Laboratory, London
• Responsible for designing and implementing automated QA procedures on behalf of major blue-chip clients.
• Developed software solutions to meet client objectives.
(Jul 1997 to Jul 1998)
Business Analyst/Junior DeveloperNatWest UK, London
Managed a project to identify, test, and upgrade corporate I.T. assets in order to satisfy millennium compliance objectives.
• Developed and maintained an asset-compliance tracking system.
• Responsible for training internal staff and partner companies.
(Oct 1995 to Jul 1999)
Computer Science B.Sc. (Hons.) 2:2
• Dissertation: A study of Object Oriented Software Engineering applied in the Artificial Intelligence domain titled “A Knowledge-Based Expert System for Adverse Drug Interaction”, designed as a reference tool for medical professionals
(Sep 1991 to Jul 1995)
Wilson’s School for boys
• A-Levels: Mathematics, Business Studies, Biology, General Studies
• GCSE’s: 9 A-C passes.
Market Data: Bloomberg Data License, Thomson IBES, Reuters Kondor, Reuters Dealing Link, Reuters Dealing3000, Reuters Terminal, Townsend RealTick, Trading Screen TradeSmart
Prime Brokers: Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs, HSBC
Fund Administrators: Citco Fund Administrators, Bank of Bermuda (HSBC)
Databases: SQL Server 2005, ODBC, JDBC
Reporting: Business Object Crystal Reports XI, SQL 2005 Reporting Services
Networks / Infrastructure: VMWare ESX virtualization, Neverfail, TIBCO Rendezvous, TCP/IP, Packet Switching, Data streams: Newbridge, Cisco Stratacom, MDP, SNMP, and Wireless
QA: Mercury TestDirector, Mercury WinRunner, Mercury LoadRunner, Compuware QARun, SQA Robot, SQA Manager, Cyrano, V-Test
Software: Visual Studio.Net 2008 Team Suite, Redgate SQL tools, Bloomberg Request Builder, XML Spy, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, 3D Studio Max, Rational Rose, MS Access
Hardware: IBM servers, DELL servers, Sun Solaris Workstation 2.6 and 2.7, HP/UX Workstation
OS: Vista(64 bit), XP, Win 2000, 98, 95, WinNT Server, Win2003 Server (32bit + 64bit), UNIX, Exceed
Interpersonal: Excellent communication skills on both a business and technical level. Proven ability to organize and motivate teams effectively. Track record in delivering solutions to exacting stakeholder requirements within expected timescales.
Languages: English, Hindi, Gujarati
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Performance Tester - Permanent: A permanent Performance Tester is required for a specialist firm providing performance management solutions in Reading, Berkshire. Experience of executing performance testing assignments on customer sites is required together with an in depth knowledge of application performance testing and fault diagnosis skills. Applicants should be familiar with industry products such as HP Performance Center /LoadRunner (minimum 3 Years) and other open source performance test tools.
- C# Developer : Our client is looking for a C# Developer with 5+ years’ experience of C# programming, and also some SQL server experience. This will be a 2 week offsite job which is a coding audit of 10 applications written in C#. They will provide license for using Visual studio. Task: To read through 10 Visual C# applications' source code using Visual Studio. Write summary of what the applications do from a top-level and produce a summary of what each application does.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Broker (Banking - Reconciliations)
- Cash (Banking - Reconciliations)
- Client Reporting (Banking)
- Reconciliations (Banking)
- Stock (Banking - Reconciliations)
- .NET (Programming)
- Ajax (Web Development/Prog)
- ASP.NET (Programming)
- C# (Programming)
- CSS (Web Development/Prog)
- Expression (Web Design & User Experience - Microsoft)
- Facebook Platform (Web Development/Prog)
- IIS (Web Development/Prog)
- Microsoft (Web Design & User Experience)
- Microsoft (Web Development/Prog)
- PHP (Web Development/Prog)
- Programme Management
- Risk Management
- Silverlight (Web Development/Prog - Microsoft)
- Web Design (Web Design & User Experience)
- Web Development (Web Development/Prog)