Freelance Senior instrument design engineer Buckinghamshire, UK
I am a senior designer / engineer in the control and instrumentation group. I have 13 years of experience, (offshore and onshore).
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£58.82 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£470.59 per day (ex. VAT)|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I have a Bachelor of engineering with honours (BEng (Hons)) and an HNC. I am a member of the Institute of engineering technology (IET, formally IEE)
Very adapt at AutoCAD, Mircostation, PDS, Autodesk Inventor, Smartsketch, Solidworks, and ProEngineer computer applications and also have in depth knowledge of INtools.
Served a apprenticeship with Edale PB&E and Aker Kvaerner
Have extensive knowledge of valves, couplings, stabplates, manifolds, chemical injection valves, block and bleeds, through working with Aker Kvaerner’ Subsea Components division, (Manufacturing, test, inspection, design, sales, stores)
(Aug & ongoing)
Senior instrument design engineer
(2 different projects)
• Development and implementation of the loop drawings via INtools. Including template design, data input, macro utilisation, and filter customisation. Instrument loop index and Template index excel format, liaising with document control for DSN’s
• INtools Index data input
• INtools wiring
• Cable schedules
• Cable Drumming
• Instrument loop index
• Template index
• Co-ordinating design issues with Chennai
• Cable defaults and junction box defaults (INtools)
(Jul 2007 to Aug 2007)
Lead PDS design engineer
(Contract Short term)
• Equipment modelling
• Instrument location layouts
(Mar 2007 to Jun 2007)
Lead PDS design engineer / Co-ordinator
(Contract Short term)
• Equipment modelling
• instrument location layouts
(Nov 2006 to Mar 2007)
Senior Instrument designer
INtools data input, also had the responsibility of assigning tag numbers and the up keep of them on INtools. Supervision and support for lower level designers / engineers. Work planning and checking.
(Jul 2005 to Nov 2006)
Principal Instrument designer
(Staff position, Grade 6)
Creating 2d drawings: Loop drawings, hook ups, wiring details, Block diagrams, with a high complexity of design for panels, junction boxes, instrument housings, Fire and gas devices, and telecoms equipment layout, installation details. Supervision and support for lower level designers / engineers. Work planning and checking.
(Nov 2004 to Jul 2006)
Control system engineer
(Staff position, Grade 23)
Supporting the lead designer and lead engineer. Using INtools to create specs, also using INtools to create the database and also to produce deliverables such as Hook up’s, Loop drawings. Creating 2d drawings: Loop drawings, hook ups, wiring details, Block diagrams, with a high complexity of design for panels, junction boxes, instrument housings, Fire and gas devices,
(Sep 2002 to Nov 2004)Kellogg Tower, (JGC, KBR, Halliburton)
Employment time 2 years, (September 2002 – November2004).
After my Apprenticeship I became a design engineer and S.A.F.E representative, left to advance my career.
(Jul 1998 to Aug 2002)Subsea Components (Aker Kvaerner)
Employment time 4 years, (July 1998 – August 2002),
Finished my Apprenticeship and became a junior design engineer, left due to redundancy.
(Jun 1996 to Jul 1998)Edale PB&E
Employment time 2 years, (June1996 - July1998).
Modern apprenticeship undertaken, and transferred to another company, to finish my apprenticeship because of redundancy.
Buckinghamshire Chilterns University College (High Wycombe)
East Berkshire College (Maidenhead)
• BEng (Hon’s)
• BTEC Higher national certificate (HNC)
• BTEC National Certificate
• BTEC First diploma
• EMTA (Engineering and marine training authority) NVQ level 2 engineering manufacture
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- Control & Instrumentation Engineer: Controls and Instrumentation Engineer - Germany - Contract to 2012 Job starting June 28th - please apply asap. Controls and Instrumentation Engineer required to start June 28th for commissioning of onshore site in Germany. In charge of onsite supervision and authorisation of all instrument and control permits. Will be leading team of engineers.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- CAD Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Design Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Instrument Designer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Instrument Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Manufacturing Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Manufacturing Sales Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Mechanical Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Production Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Senior Project Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)