Freelance Market Research Consultant Northampton, Northants, UK
Senior level market research professional with 20 years experience. Deepest expertise in the financial sector and qualitative research, but able to competently handle most industries and techniques. Equally skilled in both consumer and B2B, and able to cover all aspects of project management from intial proposal writing through interviewing/moderating to interpretation and final presentation.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£68.82 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£550.59 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
06 June 2011: Nanda proved to be a terrific resource for us. She completed the assignment on time and was able to pull in the resources we needed across Europe. We will use Nanda again for this program, and will recommend her to clients who need her specific skills. I would give her 6 starts if Ii could.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I’m an excellent all-round senior level research and marketing professional. I have solid client-side and agency research experience, covering the spectrum from proposal writing through to focus group moderation, depth interviewing, interpretation, reporting, presenting and strategic direction.
In addition, I understand all elements of the marketing mix, from advertising and PR to direct mail, branding and loyalty. So I know how research is applied to the real world to make informed business decisions, having been a buyer, user and practitioner.
I set up my own consultancy nearly 10 years ago, which has gone from strength to strength. Areas of deepest knowledge include customer satisfaction, B-to-B projects, finance and the public sector, but I competently tackle most subjects from arthritis to chocolate refining! I also speak excellent French. I'm constantly honing my skills and have recently trained in the patented ZMET deep-dive interview technique pioneered by Gerald Zaltman of Harvard Business School - I offer this via BDRC Continental, the only UK agency licenced to practice ZMET techniques in the UK.
Flexibility, commitment to customer service, reliability and determination to get the job done, creativity, complete professionalism, ability to grasp new subjects quickly, constant desire to learn.
(Apr 2002 & ongoing)
Since setting up my own consultancy, I have undertaken a wide variety of research and strategic projects, mainly through agencies but sometimes directly with clients. A range of indicative projects includes:
Zurich International – A major international qualitative project in Dubai, Hong Kong and UK to ascertain client perceptions of service from Zurich and key areas for improvement. This involved face-to-face interviewing and focus groups among nearly 50 IFAs worldwide.
1st Software – For the third year running have successfully pitched for and completed a major research programme among IFAs to establish their needs of this leading software provider.
HM Land Registry – short term consultancy contract to help them understand and approach key market sectors to whom they could sell their services. Involved coaching and mentoring on how to undertake desk research, depth interviewing, focus groups, analysis and interpretation, business cases etc.
Dixons Group – A full audit of their research and management information to understand customer views of service from their 600 seat contact centre. This highlighted severe flaws with current measurements and recommended a practical and cost effective way forward for gaining greater insights.
Liverpool Football Club (Retail) – Ongoing programme of customer/employee research and coaching to help employees deliver improved customer service and measure their progress.
Powergen (now E-on) – full end-to-end audit of market research, MI and industry data to ascertain how this aided their customer understanding, what gaps existed and how they could improve Scottish Widows, HBOS, HSBC, Zurich, Barclaycard, OFT, Inland Revenue, British Gas, National Audit Office, O2, Orange, DWP, and many others. Supported many research agencies with a multitude of ad hoc projects particularly financial, B-to-B, public sector and customer satisfaction studies.
(Jul 1999 to Mar 2002)
Responsible for developing/implementing all Barclays above the line advertising to personal customers.
Delivery of all major projects to time and budget. Annual budget management of £12m.
Successful management of all advertising research, and of creative and media agencies.
For third year running received top bonus award for excellent performance at annual review.
(Oct 1997 to Jul 1999)
Marketing ManagerTelephone Banking, Barclays
Head hunted internally to take on responsibility for managing all marketing plans, recruitment and customer communication activity for Barclays’ telephone banking service.
Undertook a complete repositioning of the service to make it more in tune with customer needs
Set up a comprehensive research programme to understand customer needs, usage, and satisfaction.
(Sep 1996 to Oct 1997)
Marketing ManagerMobile Telephony, Barclaycard
Head hunted internally to manage the marketing launch of a new Barclaycard mobile phone.
Delivered on time and to budget, and went on to achieve record handset sales that year. Went on to manage all above and below the line marketing activity for the mobile phone business, mainly through direct marketing. Included recruitment, retention and cross-sales.
Initiated and implemented loyalty and retention strategy and market research programme.
(Sep 1995 to Sep 1996)
Undertook total overhaul of all customer service research to make findings more timely and actionable.
Raised profile of research among senior managers, who’d not been using it to inform business decisions. Proactively expanded research programme into other parts of the business such as debt collection
(Jan 1994 to Sep 1995)
Research ExecutiveFDS International (Top 20 London Research Agency)
Responsible for project management from proposal through to interviewing, analysis & final presentation
Also tasked with pitching for new business – pitched for and won projects to the value of 350k.
In addition wrote several professional articles including papers for European Research Conference.
Member: MRS, ICG, AQR
Market Research Society – Advanced Moderating Skills
Cranfield Institute – Strategic Marketing for Directors & Senior Managers
Chartered Institute of Marketing – Advanced Marketing Planning
Market Research Society - MRS Winter School
Qualified NLP Practitioner.
(Sep 1983 to Jun 1985)
Institut Cooremans/Leeds Uni
International Dip. Business Studies & Languages
(Sep 1978 to Jun 1980)
North East Surrey College
French A level, Spanish RSAII, Italian Institute of Linguists
(Sep 1972 to Jun 1978)
Dorking Grammar School
9 'O' levels
Fluent in French
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Research Consultant : Modify comprehensive financial services marketing research questionnaire that was developed for the U.S. market and make it relevant for 5 countries in Europe. Extensive knowledge of financial and investment services markets in Europe and differences in UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy. Please apply for more details
- Experienced Researcher: Currently quoting on a potential market research project for a telecoms services company that requires research into trends/forecasts in the digital media market as well as quantitative telecoms research. We require an experienced researcher to quote on this work at this stage, with a view to delivering and analysing the research if the quote is chosen and the contract is won
- Qualitative Market Researcher: We are an advertising agency with global Fortune 250 clients in technology, finance, telecom and retail. We are looking for a long-term ongoing relationship with a qual freelancer who can help us on qual projects as needed. We would like an excellent qualitative market researcher experienced in running qualitative projects from start to finish (scoping project with client, creating research design, writing discussion guide, running focus groups/interviews/ethnographic visits, and, most
- Price Benchmarking & Market Research for Healthcare Company! : Price Benchmarking & Market Research for Healthcare Company! Remote work with 2 meetings in London over the 2 week contract. Full time work ideally but could be spread over a longer period of time. If you're interested and would like to find out more please contact Hannah Cockill at People4business. Hannah - firstname.lastname@example.org / 0845 3710722
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Data Analysis (Research)
- Focus group facilitation (Research)
- French (Languages)
- Questionnaire design (Research)
- Research (Research)
- Senior Researcher (Research)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Market Research (Market Research)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Presentation Delivery
- Presentation Preparation
- Product Research (Market Research)
- Qualitative Analysis (Market Research)
- Quantitative Analysis (Market Research)
- Surveys (Market Research)
- Word (Microsoft)