Freelance Candidate 278896 Caerphilly, Mid Glamorgan
Signatory/Repair Development Engineer for Powerplant
|Hourly Rate / Cost:|
An E2 Design signatory. Experienced in Repair Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering disciplines, within the Aerospace industry. Highly motivated, with keen business acumen. I possess a high level of numeracy and apply a lot of logic in my decision making process, both on the job, and in the design process. I have good interpersonal skills.
April 1998 - Nordam Europe Ltd., (a subsidiary of General Electric),
Present E2 Signatory/Repair Development Engineer for Powerplant.
Responsibilities include authorising and compiling repair design and annotations, as well as the provision of workshop support for a range of product types. The product range includes the JT8/MD80, JT9 family, CF6 family, CFM56-5 family, CFM56-3, V2500 and the RB211 family of Thrust Reversers and Nose Cowls. I was the Project Engineer involved in the introduction of the V2500 and CF6 family of Thrust Reversers to the facility.
In addition to my main duties, I have completed a number of projects. These include, controlling and designing the project to re-Engineer CFM56-5A configuration 2 inlet cowl sound panels, establishing links with Boeing for the ease of flow of technical data and developing a formal system for requesting Engineering assistance with technical queries on the shop floor.
I have also completed a two-week training course at the Boeing facility, obtaining a Certificate in Structural Repair for Engineers course..
Sept 1997- General Electric (Aero-Engine Services).
April 1998. Graduate Trainee.
Six month graduate training programme. This consisted, primarily of the provision of workshop support to the Repair Business Unit. Repair of Aero-engines (to component level) from a wide product base including RB211 & CFM56.
Special projects undertaken at this time included developing repairs for Pegasus Engine components in Inspection Quarantine, and under going Six Sigma Green Belt Training.
Successful completion of training period led to appointment at one of G.E.'s subsidiaries.
Aug 1990- Rolls-Royce Aero Engine Services, East Kilbride.
Sept 1993 Engine Fitter Apprentice
Full formal Engineering apprenticeship. This involved being trained in all aspects of engine overhaul procedure, from Engine strip through to final build and test. The engine types I worked on were V2500, Spey, Avon, Tay and Dart. In addition to this I received technical training, which encompassed work activity in a number of technical offices for a period of time. Personal Development was also a large section of this training, and included team-building exercises. I was 'Apprentice of the Year' in 1992.
Sept 1993- I undertook short-term contract work whilst I was at University. This include
Aug 1997. working at British Steel, Motherwell and Farnell Technology, County Durham. Both of these Jobs were in Manufacturing Engineering positions.
1993-1997 B.Eng. (Honours), Manufacturing Engineering and Management, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow.
Main Groups: Engineering (including Structural Mechanics),
Production Engineering (including process analysis & process mechanics) and
Engineering Management (primarily Operations optimisation in the
Final year Dissertation: Developing a Computer Aided Learning package for T.Q.M., Focussing on the principles of self-teaching and the concepts of T.Q.M.
1990 - 1993 O.N.C. & H.N.C., Mechanical and Production Engineering, Stow College, Glasgow.
Main Groups: Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering (i.e. Dynamics, Static's and Design),
Production Engineering (primarily analysis of Metallurgical Processes) and
Methods of Manufacturing.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Building & Construction (Construction)
- Civil & Structural (Construction)
- Scientific & Technical
- Education Level (Scientific & Technical)
- Education Level (Engineering)
- Education Level (Construction - Building & Construction)
- Education Level (Construction - Civil & Structural)
- Engineering (Engineering - Experience - Production)
- Green Belt (Scientific & Technical - Education Level - Six Sigma)
- Green Belt (Engineering - Education Level - Six Sigma)
- Green Belt (Construction - Building & Construction - Education Level - Six Sigma)
- Green Belt (Construction - Civil & Structural - Education Level - Six Sigma)
- Manufacturing (Scientific & Technical - Experience)
- Manufacturing (Engineering - Experience)
- Mechanical Engineering (Engineering - Experience)
- Production (Engineering - Experience)
- Project Engineer (Scientific & Technical - Job Role)
- Project Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Project Engineer (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Project Engineer (Construction - Civil & Structural - Job Role)
- Six Sigma (Scientific & Technical - Education Level)
- Six Sigma (Engineering - Education Level)
- Six Sigma (Construction - Building & Construction - Education Level)
- Six Sigma (Construction - Civil & Structural - Education Level)
- Structural Engineering (Engineering - Experience)
- Trainee (Construction - Civil & Structural - Job Role)