Freelance Electrical cOMMISSIONING ENGINEER Bishop Auckland, Durham
Electrical Engineer/Supervisor with 30 years post apprenticeship experience in Industrial, Nuclear and Petrochemical Installations both on shore and off shore.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:|
· Electrical Engineer/Supervisor with 30 years post apprenticeship experience in Industrial, Nuclear and Petrochemical Installations both on shore and off shore.
· Emphasis on Commissioning, but including Permit to Work Control, Construction, Maintenance and Inspection.
· Experienced in High Voltage Electrical Equipment and associated testing.
· Conversant with requirements for Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Areas.
· Conversant with P.L.C. managed controls systems and sequence testing.
· Extremely adaptable with excellent problem solving capability.
· Fully conversant with certification management and commissioning strategies including KBR CMS & Total ICAPS & OPERCOM systems.
Sept 2006Electrical Commissioning Support Engineer
to Feb 2007 Tengizchevroil (Bolashak Atyrau)
Second Generation Project
· Part of client Project Management Team for commissioning and handover of electrical equipment associated with new Power Generation and Utilities facility. Equipment includes 2 off 110MW GEC Frame 9 Gas Turbine Generators and associated HV & LV distribution systems, Electric and Diesel driven Fire Water Pumps, Potable and Demineralised Water systems, Instrument Air Compressors, Nitrogen Generators, Standby/Emergency Power Generators & UPS.
· Liaison with main and sub-contractor senior and discipline engineers.
Sept. 2005Senior Electrical Commissioning Engineer
to May 2006 Foster Wheeler International (Ipedex-me)
TA Production Platform
Offshore Abu Dhabi
· Directly responsible for Commissioning of all electrical systems during offshore phase of new Gas Production platform.
· Production of Task Risk Assessments, co-ordination and control of Electrical Permit to Work system.
· Review and Completion of system hand-over documentation and Operational Test Procedures.
· Liaison with client and vendor representatives, project senior management and discipline engineers.
Jan. 2005Electrical Commissioning Engineer
to Sept. 2005 Foster Wheeler International (Ipedex-me)
TA Production Platform
· Responsible to Lead Engineer for Pre Commissioning and Commissioning of all electrical systems associated with offshore gas production platform. 11KV/415V transformers, 415V switchboards and associated protection devices, 110VAC & 24VDC UPS, Navigational Aids, TEMPSC.
· Co-ordination & supervision of multi-national vendors & technicians.
· Production and review of project commissioning documentation.
Oct. 2004Electrical Commissioning Engineer
to Dec. 2004 McDermott Caspian Contractors Inc.
DSV Akademik Tofiq Ismaliyov
· 'Hands On' pre-commissioning and commissioning of specialised systems during upgrade of Diving Support Vessel.
· 600V & 400V Main and Emergency Switchboards, Divers and ROV Launch and Rescue Systems (LARS), Hydraulically operated Watertight Doors, Emergency Shutdown Systems (ESD), Mooring Winch Systems.
· HiPot testing and injection of switchboard and field equipment protection devices.
· Demonstration and Proving of equipment to regulatory bodies DNV & RMRS
August 2004Electrical Inspector
to Oct. 2004 Dron & Dickson Group
Bluewater Haewene Brim
A&P Tyne Shipyard, UK
· Inspection of FPSO Hazardous Areas Electrical apparatus to IEC 60079-17
· Production of inspection reports, detailed layout drawings and Ex equipment register.
Sept. 2003Electrical Commissioning Engineer
to June 2004 Kellogg Brown & Root
Zakum Crestal Gas Injection Project
· Responsible directly to Commissioning Manager for all Electrical Commissioning associated with new Turbine Driven Gas Compressor package. Solar Power & Hydraulic Shutdown System, Chemical Injection, Nitrogen Generator & Fuel Gas Heater packages. UPS systems.
· Co-ordination & supervision of multi-national vendors & technicians.
· Production of test procedures, method statements and associated job cards.
· Liaison with client and vendor representatives.
April 2001E & I Process Commissioning Engineer
to Sept. 2002 D154 Project
Feb 2003 to Devonport Royal Dockyard
· Sub contracted to Simon Carves during Setting to Work phase of Nuclear Submarine Reactor Cooling and Decontamination plant.
· Responsible for review and modification of Commissioning Procedures and production of associated test documentation.
· Shift Team Leader responsible for 'hands on' supervision of multi-discipline Test Team during precommissioning of Process and Building Services Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation and Control Systems.
June 2000Lead Commissioning Officer
to April 2001 Sellafield Drypac Project
British Nuclear Fuels Ltd.
· Sub contracted to BNFL for Commissioning of Power Distribution systems on Nuclear Waste Reprocessing Facility.
· Liaise with all supporting functions including site construction, design & operations teams.
· Preparation & review of technical information in support of commissioning activities. Rectification of faults with supporting documentation.
· Supervision of technicians during commissioning, fault finding & remedial work.
· Assist in development of plans, strategies & programs in support of commissioning activities.
April 2000Electrical Commissioning Engineer
to May 2000 Daewoo Heavy Industries
· Vendor status for Alstom Drives & Controls on Amethyst type semi submersible drilling rigs Pride Brazil & Pride Carlos Walter.
· Responsible for Inspection, pre~commissioning and commissioning of 460 volt Switchboards, Motor Control Centres and associated protection devices.
· Initial energisation, function testing and proving of equipment to Client during hand over stage.
· Completion of project test and hand over documentation.
Feb. 2000Electrical Commissioning Technician
to March 2000 ELF Elgin Project
Barmac Fabrication Yard
Nigg Bay, Ross-shire, Scotland.
· Commissioning of GEC 13.8Kv & 6.6Kv Switchgear and associated protection devices, HV distribution systems and Transformers.
· Primary and Secondary Injection, Pressure & PI testing of HV equipment.
· Commissioning of HV & LV motor drives and associated motor control centres from 440v to 13.8Kv.
June 1999Electrical Permit Engineer
to Feb. 2000 BNFL Engineering Ltd.
Sellafield Drypac Plant
· Responsible for operation of permit to work system during commissioning phase of
Nuclear Waste Recovery and Disposal Plant. Assessment and removal of Hazards prior to issue of work permits.
· Authorised Electrical Person for electrical isolations on plant service equipment, initial energisation of plant and energisations of plant to allow electrical function testing and tests on moving equipment.
· Maintenance of Permit Office records, logs and status recording systems.
Nov. 1998Senior Commissioning Technician
to June 1999 Harland & Wollf Shipbuilding & Heavy Industries Ltd.
Borgland Dolphin Project, Queens Island, Belfast.
· Hands On Supervisor during commissioning of "State of the Art" conversion of Semi-Submersible Drilling Vessel Borgland Dolphin.
· Commissioning of 3 MW Diesel driven Generators & associated distribution & protection systems, SCR controlled 600V.D.C. International Oilwell Mud Pumps, Mud Mix & Transfer system, Haliburton Cement Unit, Maritime Ram Rig & Ring Line Hydraulic Power Units. Dynamic Positioning Equipment. Steering control systems. 24V & 220V Uninterruptable Power Supply systems.
April 1998E, I, & C Commissioning Supervisor
to Nov. 1998 Rullion Engineering Limited
British Airways World Cargo Centre, Heathrow Airport
· Sub-contracted to ALSTOM AUTOMATION Limited during commissioning of new automated Cargo Handling Unit.
· Responsible to Lead Engineer for supervision of testing and
commissioning team on Siemens S5 PLC controlled roller bed conveyors,
automated hoists, loading and unloading vehicles, mini-shipment systems
and storage units.
March 1997Electrical Field Engineer
to Nov. 1997 AOC International
Chirag 1 Early Oil Project, Azerbaijan
· Sub-contracted to Azerbaijan International Oil Corporation during
offshore construction and commissioning phases.
· Responsible to Lead Engineer for day to day organization and supervision of construction, testing and commissioning teams, including planning of workload and production of project test certification.
July 1996Electrical Test Engineer
to March 1997 N.R.L. Personnel Limited
Sellafield Mixed Oxide Plant
· Sub-contracted to B.N.F.L. Engineering during commissioning of new nuclear fuel reprocessing facility.
· Commissioning of Jaguar variable speed drives, servo and stepper motors, Phillips and Defiant weighing devices, vibro feeders, programming and testing of system parameters.
· Testing of control systems utilising Siemens S5 P.L.C. with Graph 5
sequencing and Local Operator Interfaces.
· March 1995 Electrical Commissioning Supervisor
to March 1996 Amec Process and Energy Limited
Shell Cormorant Alpha Pelican Project
· Responsible for all Electrical Commissioning on new Gas Compression and Accommodation Modules and refurbished Lincoln Turbine and Auxiliary equipment.
· Responsible for completion of commissioning documentation and
June 1994Lead Electrical Commissioning Technician
to March 1995 APG SALAMIS J.V. Limited
Shell North Cormorant and Tern 'A' Upgrade
· Responsible for Electrical Commissioning, including H.V. and LV drives, associated switchgear and protection devices, Thyristor Control Panels, Small Power and Lighting, H.V.A.C., Trace Heating.
· Responsible for completion of relevant documentation and "As Built
Nov. 1993Electrical Commissioning Technician
to March 1994 AOC INTERNATIONAL Limited
Ninian Central Third Party Project
· Commissioning of equipment associated with new gas compression module, including Motor Drives ranging from 440V to 11 KV and associated Control and Protection Equipment.
· Digital Control Systems, U.P.S., H.V.A.C., small power and lighting.
May 1993Electrical Technician
to Sept. 1993 AOC INTERNATIONAL Limited
· Planned Preventive Maintenance of platform generation & production
Jan. 1993Electrical Permit Co-ordinator
to May 1993 AOC INTERNATIONAL Limited
ELF Enterprise Saltire 'A' Hook Up Project
· Assisting Issuing Authority with permits and supplementary certificates.
· Checking of job description, Hazard Potential, Isolation Requirements, Precautions and Personal Protection prior to commencement of work.
· Authorised Electrical Person for Isolations up to 1000V ac/1500V dc.
INSTITUTE of OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH
IOSH Managerial Responsibilities 28/06/99
IOSH Safe Management of Work in Confined Spaces 28/06/99
IOSH Safe Management of Fire Precautions 23/07/99
IOSH Safe Management of Hazardous Substances 06/08/99
IOSH Safe Management of Steel Erection 13/08/99
IOSH Safe Management of Mobile Cranes 19/08/99
IOSH Environmental Management 23/08/99
IOSH Safe Management of Scaffolding 27/08/99
IOSH Safe Management of Excavations 01/09/99
IOSH Safe Management of Lifting Operations 02/09/99
IOSH Management of Safe Work at Heights 15/06/00
IOSH Safe Management of Noise & Vibration 01/11/00
MTE Maxim Integrated Protection & Control Relay Training Course 12 Sept. 2000
SIEMENS AUTOMATION & DRIVES (Variable Speed Drives)
Simovert 6SE70 Vector/Motion Control Training Course 25-27 July 2000
Si-mmm-Simovert Micro/Midimaster Training Course 28 July 2000
N.E. Coast Engineering Employers Association Certificate of Apprenticeship.
Engineering Industry Training Board Certificate of Engineering Craftsmanship.
E.I.T.B. J02 - Electrical Maintenance.
J022 - Electrical Maintenance.
G3 - Electrical Fitting.
Design Appreciation A, B & C.
CITY & GUILDS Electrical Installation Technicians I & II.
Mechanical Installation Technicians I.
O.N.C. I Electrical Engineering.
I.E.E. 15th Edition Regulations for Electrical Installation.
Recent Training Offshore Environment
ADMA OPCO HSE Induction Offshore/DAS 21/02/05
Safety Induction Training 29 th Sept 2003
Behavioural Safety Course 22 nd Sept 2003
Offshore Survival Basic Offshore Safety Induction & Emergency
Nutec Cert. No. TE_060410045853 (Expires 11.06.08).
UAE Examined to ADMA OPCO standards by Ahahlia Hospital, Abu Dhabi 20 th April 2005
UK Examined to UKOOA standards by North East Centre for Offshore Medicals 8 th September 2006.
Certificate No. 6309
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- Pre-Commissioning Engineer - Electrical: Electrical Field Commissioning Engineer required for pre-commissioning of heating and ventilation systems of commercial buildings. Suit petrochemical, pharmaceutical, construction industry background. Must have CSCS card. Immediate start, minimum 3-4 months contract, up to six months.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Building & Construction (Construction)
- Nuclear Energy (Energy)
- Oil & Gas (Energy)
- Water (Infrastructure)
- Air Compressors (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Assessments (Engineering - Experience - Risk)
- Assessments (Infrastructure - Water - Experience - Risk)
- Assessments (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Experience - Risk)
- Commissioning (Infrastructure - Water - Experience - Plant )
- Commissioning (Infrastructure - Water - Experience)
- Commissioning (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Commissioning (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Commissioning (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Experience - Nuclear)
- Commissioning Engineer (Infrastructure - Water - Job Role)
- Commissioning Engineer (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- Commissioning Engineer (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Job Role)
- Construction (Engineering - Experience)
- Construction (Infrastructure - Water - Experience)
- Construction (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Construction (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Experience)
- Control & Instrumentation (Engineering - Experience)
- Control & Instrumentation (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Experience)
- Control Systems (Engineering - Experience)
- Control Systems (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Control Systems (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Experience)
- Electrical Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Electrical Engineer (Infrastructure - Water - Job Role)
- Electrical Engineer (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Electrical Engineer (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- Electrical Engineer (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Job Role)
- Electrical Engineering (Engineering - Experience)
- Electrical Engineering (Infrastructure - Water - Experience)
- Emergency Generators (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Emergency Generators (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Experience)
- Engineer (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Field Engineer (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- Gas Turbine Generators (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Installation (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Method Statements (Engineering - Experience)
- Method Statements (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Nuclear (Engineering - Experience)
- Nuclear (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Experience)
- Offshore (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Onshore (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Plant (Infrastructure - Water - Experience)
- PLC Controls (Engineering - Experience)
- Process Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Process Engineer (Infrastructure - Water - Job Role)
- Process Engineer (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- Process Engineer (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Job Role)
- Risk (Engineering - Experience)
- Risk (Infrastructure - Water - Experience)
- Risk (Energy - Nuclear Energy - Experience)
- Risk Assessments (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Risk Assessments (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Safety (Engineering - Experience)
- Senior Electrical Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Senior Electrical Engineer (Infrastructure - Water - Job Role)
- Senior Electrical Engineer (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- Training (Engineering - Experience - Safety)