Freelance Architectural technician Hull
|Hourly Rate / Cost:|
British CitizenFull UK Drivers License & Motorcycle Licence
Summary of Design Skills
I have received various design awards. I am creative, quick at freehand sketching, technical drawing, have strong model making skills and presentation skills. I am a good team player, conscientious and a quick learner.
I have various work experience from the domestic interior design to commercial kitchen design to landscape design to teaching graphics products at GCSE. I also have worked on promotional design from leaflets to shop sign design.
I am a keen DIY'er and have worked for various firms as a ground labourer to setting out to surveying and estimating quantities.
I have gained a good understanding of AutoCAD from teaching CAD at secondary school and recently taken private lessons from a practicing architectural technician who is also helping me to update my knowledge of current building regulations.
June/2001 1st place Timber Trade Federation Design competition for the department of Architecture and Interior Design, final year design (Hull School of Architecture).
Nov/1997 Awarded 1st place in the Hessle Opera Theatre poster design competition.
Other Skills and Qualifications
- CRB Certificates
- Teaching secondary school Prodesktop(CAD), Tec soft 2D design(CAM) Corel Draw 9 and T-Shirt Factory Deluxe
- TTA QTS ICT, Numeric and Literacy Skills Test (2003)
- Windows and Mackintosh programme's - office/database entry
- intermediate Photoshop Illustration and Quark Express
- intermediate AutoCAD, basic Architectural Desktop/3D Studio Viz
- 1st lesson flying certificate, 300ft abseil certificate.
June/2004 Goldsmiths College, University of London; PGCE Secondary Design & Technology.
June/2001 Lincolnshire and Humberside University(Hull);
2.2 BA Hons Architecture RIBA Part1
June/1990 Hull College of Further Education;
BTEC National Diploma in 3D Design.
June/1989 Wyke 6th Form College(Hull); GCSE's English, Math's, Design, Physics, Biology all grade C and grade A in Art,
A'Level Art - grade C
Sept/2004 - present day Longcroft School and Performing Arts College (East Riding, Beverley) Newly Qualified Teacher position, teaching technology at Key stage 3, GCSE Graphics Products and Manufacturing.
Aug/2003 & Aug/2004: Lambeth Council and Metropolitan Police Summer Project (South London). 6 weeks running a computer workshop at various locations in the Lambeth area. Teaching teenagers to use T-Shirt Factory Deluxe programme to produce graphics and t-shirts.
July/2003: Project International/Lockers Park Boarding School(Hemel Hempstead) Live in teacher 2 weeks summer school for French students. Teaching English, activities & trips.
May/2002 - June/2004: Prime Time Recruitment (Hull/Watford), Select Education Recruitment (Hull/Hertfordshire), Kelly's Recruitment (Watford); various administration work and various education work.
Working Holiday: Sep/2001 - May/2002: Model Tec 3D (Sydney); Architectural model making.
Wittingslow Entertainment (Melbourne); ride construction/attendant.
Jun/2001 - Sep/2001: Sylvan Landscape Architecture (Hull); ground worker, surveying and setting out, drawing and presentation.
Apr/1998 - Jun/2001: Wan's Take Away, family business (Hull); Shop design, cook and part time business manager.
May/1997 - Apr/1998: Empire House (Hull); Kitchen crew, customer service and trained new members.
Working Holiday: May/1996 - May/1997: Cheung's Engineering (Hong Kong); trainee plumber and electrician, also produced domestic and retail interior designs.
Jun/1990 - May 1996: My Café - Hong Kong Express, family business (Hull); Cafe, lighting and menu, sign designs.
Cook and business management.
Sep/2000 - Nov/2000 Thorpe Park Primary School (Hull) Reading assistant, assisted in class activities.
Feb/1989 Hall Road Primary School (Hull) 2 weeks.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Architectural Desktop (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- Architectural Desktop (Construction - Building & Construction - Software Skills)
- AutoCAD (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- CRB (Construction - Architecture - Security Clearance)
- Education (Construction - Architecture - Experience)
- English (Construction - Architecture - Languages)
- French (Construction - Architecture - Languages)
- Interior Design (Construction - Architecture - Experience)
- Languages (Construction - Architecture)
- Retail (Construction - Architecture - Experience)
- Security Clearance (Construction - Architecture)
- Setting Out (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Software Skills (Construction - Architecture)
- Software Skills (Construction - Building & Construction)
- Trainee (Construction - Architecture - Job Role)