Freelance Programme / Project Manager Belgium
An experienced and qualified project manager and communications systems engineer with a successful track record.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£88.24 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£705.88 per day (ex. VAT)|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
An excellent planner and resource manager, financially astute, a confident communicator and a person who enjoys the challenge of project management appointments in an international environment.
Since leaving the RAF I have worked as an IT Project Manager for Business Applications in the Brussels HQ of a global freight forwarding and transport company. During my military career I served in Northern Ireland, USA, Italy, Saudi Arabia, Germany and Belgium, this included 9 years in NATO appointments. Below are 6 key achievements which demonstrate my ability to plan, and manage challenging projects.
• In October 2008, ABX was acquired by a Danish based company - DSV. During the subsequent 4 months I played a key role in planning and implementing the integration of both companies’ business applications in Europe. In particular, I managed the detailed planning and execution of the integration of the 2 companies IT operations in Portugal in order to meet the required corporate deadline. This resulted in significant savings and increased efficiency.
• As a Project Manager in the NATO C3 Agency I managed the communications elements of the NATO HQ C3 Staff Board Programme of Work - an annual 500K€ scientific research program investigating the impact to NATO of leading edge technological changes in the communications networking arena. Additionally, I was the Deputy Project Manager of a 2 year, 36M€ communications infrastructure project which involved 114 installations in 26 countries. My specific responsibility was the planning and coordination of the equipment installation and acceptance programme. Furthermore, I was the Agency representative to NATO Sub-Committee 6 on Communications Systems.
• In 2003, with a multi-national team, I successfully planned and managed a major 3 day conference on Air Power. This involved developing the theme, organising the speakers, booking the facilities (accommodation, conference rooms and gala dinner), obtaining sponsorship, managing the budget (35K€), designing the publicity program and coordinating the release of invitations. The conference was attended by 250 delegates, including 74 General Officers, from 18 NATO countries and was considered by all to be an outstanding success.
• In 2002, I undertook a wide ranging investigation into NATO’s communications planning process for crisis response operations. This involved liaison with all levels of the operational structure, a full analysis of the requirement and the development of a comprehensive solution. The results were presented to and supported by the Senior Executive level, evaluated in a multi-national exercise (Exercise Cooperative Knowledge) for which I was the Syndicate Director, accepted as best practice and incorporated into the Operational Functional Planning Process.
• During my tenure as the Subject Matter Expert for CIS, Air C2 and SATCOM at the RAF Air Warfare Centre, I provided specialist content and subsequent teaching on the exploitation of information in military air operations. This included contributing to Senior Officer Study Periods, lecturing on Operational Planning courses and running a specialist 2 week training course for Communications Officers in operational appointments. I also planned, resourced and implemented a workshop on the Military Exploitation of Space for senior officers.
• The Tactical Communications Wing provides worldwide communications in support of deployed UK air operations. As the Senior Officer for Operational Support I was responsible for the Unit Budget (£10M per annum) and Management Plan, training, equipment supply and maintenance and operational planning. On receipt of a new communications system it was evident that the equipment was not ready to serve its operational purpose. I instigated a full engineering assessment and operational review, presented the results, obtained the necessary resources and implemented a package of work to bring the system up to the required operational standard.
• Whilst serving at the NATO Atlantic Command I was responsible for the requirement definition and staffing of communications projects supporting maritime operations across the full frequency spectrum. I was a member of the NATO SATCOM Post 2000 Working Group and the ACLANT representative to the Partnership for Peace Maritime Working Group.
• As the SATCOM Engineering Officer in an RAF Command HQ I was responsible for the on-orbit management of 5 satellites (3 for the UK and 2 for NATO) and associated support contracts. In addition, I was the specialist advisor to the UK/USA and UK/NATO mutual support agreements. These duties built on my previous experience as the Operations Manager of the UK military ground station and my project management experience on the satellite ground-based control system and ground station expansion projects.
Security Clearance: I currently hold a valid, high grade United Kingdom security clearance.
(May 2008 to Feb 2009)
PROJECT MANAGER - BUSINESS SYSTEMSBRUSSELS, BELGIUM
Transport Management System role-out.
EDIFact development and implementation.
Member of the Institute of Engineering Technology
2005 PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner qualifications NATO C3 Agency
2000 Principles and Practices of Business Management Cranfield University
1999 Management Accounting for Non-Accountants Bristol University
1997 Management of Change Cambridge University
1983 Communications Engineer Course (at degree level) RAF College, Cranwell
1981 City & Guilds Telecommunications Chester College
1978 Telecommunications Technician Training Course No1 Radio School, Locking
I have maintained my professional development by undertaking courses on satellite communications, fibre optics, data communications and networks, design of information systems and information security, management of complex projects and management of software development projects.
Recent Career Summary
2008 – Present
ABX Worldwide, Belgium
IT Project Manager – Business Systems
2004 – 2008
NATO C3 Agency, Belgium
Project Manager / Wing Commander
2001 – 2004
Reaction Force Air Staff, Germany
CIS, Air C2 & SATCOM Subject Expert
1999 – 2001
Air Warfare Centre, UK
CIS, Air C2 & SATCOM Subject Expert
1996 – 1999
Tactical Communications Wing, UK
Senior Officer - Operations Support
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- IT Consultant: REQUIREMENT a. Consultancy to Support the execution of the Agency’s responsibilities as Implementation Authority for Maritime Projects. b. The consultancy effort will be applied to the following principal functions: (1) Coordinate the overall Implementation Plan of all Maritime projects and the co-ordination of its execution
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Budgets (Engineering - Experience - Project Management)
- Change Management (Engineering - Experience - Project Management)
- Definition Document (Engineering - Experience - Project Management)
- DV (Engineering - Security Clearance)
- Education Level (Engineering)
- English (Engineering - Languages)
- French (Engineering - Languages)
- German (Engineering - Languages)
- IEng (Engineering - Education Level)
- Languages (Engineering)
- Lead Project Manager (Engineering - Job Role)
- Planning (Engineering - Experience - Project Management)
- Prince2 (Engineering - Experience - Project Management)
- Prince2 Qualified (Engineering - Education Level)
- Programme Management (Engineering - Experience)
- Project Management (Engineering - Experience)
- Security Clearance (Engineering)
- Systems Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Systems Engineering (Engineering - Experience)
- Team Leadership (Engineering - Experience)
- Telecoms (Engineering - Experience)
- £1M to £5M (Project Management - Project Value)
- 10 to 20 (Project Management - Staff (numbers))
- Budget Control (Project Management)
- DV (Security Clearance)
- EDIFact (Electronic Data Interchange)
- French (Foreign Languages)
- Full Project Lifecycle (Project Management)
- German (Foreign Languages)
- Kewill (Electronic Data Interchange)
- Microwave (Telecommunications)
- Multiple Projects (Project Management)
- Private Sector (Project Management)
- Programme Management
- Project Initiation Document (Project Management)
- Project Management (Project Management)
- Project Office Management (Project Management)
- Project Value (Project Management)
- Public Sector (Project Management)
- SLA's (Project Management)
- Software Rollout (Project Management)
- Staff (numbers) (Project Management)
- Training (Project Management)
- TSAT (Telecommunications)
- VSAT (Telecommunications)
- Workshop Management (Project Management)