Freelance Event Producer / Organiser / Manager Woking, Surrey, UK
19 years experience (including 12 years freelance) within the international events, incentive travel, exhibitions and marketing communications industry working both corporate and agency side with an array of blue-chip global companies. A versatile professional with proven communication, interpersonal, organisational and administrative skills that thrives on juggling large, numerous, logistically complex projects whilst working to strict deadlines, managing staff and retaining budgetary control. A highly motivated self-starter who brings enthusiasm and energy to every project and approaches each with dedication, flexibility, ease and accuracy whilst drawing on a huge breadth of knowledge, best practices, contacts and skills.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£41.18 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£329.41 per day (ex. VAT)|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
•Organised vast array of corporate events cross industries covering UK, Europe, Africa, USA, Middle East and Far East.
•Budgetary and logistical control of high profile events with budgets exceeding £4m and attendance of up to 1,500 people.
•Managed teams ranging in size from 2 to 100 people within highly pressurised environments.
•Majority of assignments for blue chip global companies both in house and agency side within an array of different disciplines.
(Jan 2008 to Feb 2009)
Events ProducerWeybridge, Surrey
• The overall management and coordination of the 2009 Sony Key Dealer Launch near Dublin, Ireland. A highly complex 3 week event involving 15 different sales channels with differing programmes and incorporating numerous conferences, gala dinners, trade show, workshops and response meetings. With the aim of launching the FY09 product range of consumer electronics, the organisation of the event encompassed the liaison with sister companies, management of production companies, entertainment agencies & event agencies, internal SUK product groups & marketing, all SUK internal stakeholders and end clients/customers.
• The sole management and coordination of the 2008 Sony UK Product Launch and Associates Conference, held for the first time at the Sony UK offices. The Product Launch consisted of a 2-week 5-part product exhibition housed within a 50m x 16m temporary structure featuring the Sony FY08 product range and the invitation of all sales channels for SUK. The Associates event consisted of registration, coordination and logistical management of Associates entering a 1 day corporate meeting with product workshops and a ½ day trade show visit – repeated 3 times during one week for 300 Associates. Liaison with sister companies, production companies, event agencies, all SUK internal stakeholders and end clients/customers.
• The sole management of Sony UK’s sponsorship of Grand Designs Live London May 2008 and Birmingham October 2008 consumer exhibition at ExCel – to include consultation and organisation between show organisers, product groups and contractors. Management of branding, PR & web content / product exposure, placement, installation & operation/scripting, actor sourcing and staffing within key Sony sponsored features of House of the Future/Face Fabric/Central Archway. Coordination of product placement throughout entire show.
(Jan 2005 to Jan 2008)
Event ManagerCanary Wharf, London
Event Manager, Barclays Bank, London January 2005 – January 2008
Responsible for the organisation of a high volume of client facing and internal events whilst maintaining stringent brand image controls. All aspects of event management involved – strategy, proposal, logistics, marketing materials, evaluation & budgetary control.
• Global Retail & Commercial Bank – Since January 2007, a key member of a small team (3) responsible for the organisation of the international events for the GRCB CEO. Events included the UAE Retail Launch in Dubai (£1.3m), Senior Leadership Summits in Madrid, Lisbon and Cape Town (average £350k), the Senior Leadership Development Programme in UK (average £70k) and various smaller international projects.
• Barclays / Barclaycard internal events including incentive travel for Medium Business / International & Private Bank (groups to South Africa / Monaco / Hungary), European Forums, leadership meetings in UK and Europe, Barclays Premiership Sponsorship Mobile Exhibition Vehicle roadshow and numerous other internal meetings / IT road shows / drinks receptions / dinners/ customer forums etc. Organised client events in conjunction with key Barclays clients of the American Bar Association / Jamie Oliver & The Fifteen Foundation / Chartered Institute of Marketing.
(Feb 2004 to Nov 2004)
Event DirectorBig Food Group, Work from home
Due to success of the industry revered annual Safeway Suppliers Balls, I had the privilege of being headhunted to launch and implement the inaugural Suppliers Summer Ball for The Big Food Group. Tasked to conduct the initial event strategy for approval by BFG CEO. Subsequently responsible for the organisation of all elements, including locating and contracting venue, logistics, accommodation, transport, production, catering, theming, entertainment, marketing, attendee communication and budgets (including reconciliation).
The Ball took place on 18th September 2004 at Hampton Court Palace, Surrey and attracted 700 high profile industry attendees.
Total event budget of £400,000 with a final charity donation of £65,000.
(Jul 2001 to Dec 2003)
Corporate Events ManagerSafeway Stores, Hayes, Middx
Direct report to the Board Communications Director with total events annual budgetary control in excess of £1m. Responsible for the organisation of Safeway’s high profile external corporate events and its representation and sponsorship of large consumer exhibitions. Staff management ranging in numbers from 2 people (office based) to 100 people (on-site).
Safeway Supplier Charity Summer Ball 2002 & 2003
• Budgets in excess of £600k per event and high profile attendance of 1000 VIP’s from across the retail sector
• Solely responsible for the concept, logistics, production and execution of these highly prestigious events; tasked with improving profitability through tight budgetary control, effective event management and marketing communication through design and print of all event materials.
• These Summer Balls, reputed at the time to be the best in the industry, involved sourcing a unique venue, creating inspiring design on all marketing materials, highly creative production, stimulating and memorable entertainment, second to none catering and meeting the exacting standards required of Chief Execs / VPs / Managing Directors of the UK’s leading companies in the grocery industry.
Supplier Forums – England, Scotland & Ireland – 2001/ 2002 / 2003.
• Reporting to and advising the Safeway Board of Directors in the organisation of their meetings which provide the sole means of group communication to the Chief Execs / VPs / Managing Directors of Safeway’s top 150 suppliers in each part of the UK. Total event production required – all attendee administration; venue sourcing, negotiation and organisation; technical production and content (in variety of formats – static meetings, store visits & tours); speaker briefing; catering; transportation.
Head Office Christmas Party - 2003
• The marketing and single-handed event organisation of themed Christmas party at Alexandra Palace for 1,500 attendees requiring tight budgetary control at late notice. Involved all attendee registration, financial processes, theming, catering, transport, entertainment, product supply, raffle, event administration production (brochure, tickets, menus, programme etc.).
BBC Good Food Show, Birmingham 2001 & 2002 / Royal Highland Show, Edinburgh 2002 & 2003
• Brought about a radical turnaround in Safeway’s approach to these two major consumer shows through utilising marketing communications experience and knowledge of retail industry / customer motivations / Safeway’s current business priorities and marketing strategy. The recommended alterations required justification to the Board of Directors and senior management for significant budgetary increase and support.
• Introduced current brand, marketing and store concepts to make the stands accurately reflect Safeway’s range and ethos, exceeding all levels required in terms of customer interaction and offer whilst ensuring that a continuous message is communicated to the customer base specific to the shows.
• For the first time in 10 years, Safeway’s stands created revenue, which increased show upon show as best practices and procedures were reviewed and improved cross-functionally (increase of 300%).
• Responsible for every aspect of show participation – concept, stand size, design, content, logistics, staffing, stock range and supply, financial requirements, marketing, Health & Safety, third party supplier involvement and negotiation, logistics, PR, coordinating Celebrity Chefs and the Safeway Cookery Theatre, equipment, accommodation, IT, licensing, trader negotiation.
( 1989 to 1991)
Richmond Upon Thames Technical College
Communications, Advertising & Marketing Foundation Certificate in Communication Studies (Marketing Pass)
( 1985 to 1987)
Brooklands Technical College, Weybridge
BTEC National Diploma in Business Studies (Pass)
GCE ‘A’ Level - Communication Studies (Pass)
( 1981 to 1985)
Horsell County Secondary School
8 GCE ‘O’ Levels
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- Events planner: Financial Project Manager required - short term contract - immediate start Events company requires financial project manager, with experience of compiling large line by line budgets - ideally in the major events or exhibitions sector. Must have - Skills in working with large line by line budgets (£millions) - Negotiating with suppliers, devising the most cost-effective options, whilst retaining highest quality and aligning payment terms with suppliers to those we have with our client.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Briefings (Events)
- Conferences (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Conferences (Events)
- Event Management (Public Relations)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Exhibitions (Events)
- Exhibitions & Conferences (Marketing)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Presentation Preparation
- Product Launches (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Seminars (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Seminars (Events)
- Strategy Development
- Word (Microsoft)