Freelance Cisco Engineer Leatherhead, Surrey, UK
Cisco engineer experienced in large Campus LANs and routed WANs, IOS, Routing / Switching, Security, PIX, Cisco IOS firewall / CBAC, Access-Control Lists (ACLs), QoS, Wireless (Cisco and Aruba).
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£35.29 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£282.35 per day (ex. VAT)|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Cisco Systems engineer / support experienced in large Campus LANs and routed WANs. In addition to hands-on engineering, I have experience of 1st, 2nd and 3rd line customer support, project deliverables and life-cycle and other disciplines associated with successful network deployments.
Experienced with Cisco IOS, Routing and Switching, Security (firewalls, securing routing protocols, port-based security, IEEE 802.1x authentication, Cisco IOS firewall / CBAC, Access-Control Lists (ACLs), QoS, Wireless (Cisco autonomous and ‘thin’ client / Aruba).
I have good analytical and troubleshooting skills and have a calm approach to problem solving. I strive to be personable and to be a thorough and accurate worker.
- Layer 3 routing: RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP
- Layer 2 switching: VLAN, VTP, STP, RSTP, PVST, MST, EtherChannel
- Quality of Service (QoS): CoS and DSCP, NBAR, MQC (Class maps, etc.)
- Site-to-Site and Teleworker VPN / CiscoSecure VPN Client
- Security: PIX Firewall, 802.1x, L2 port security, Cisco SAFE, VLAN maps
- Hardware: Cisco Catalyst 800(ISR), 2500, 2600, 35x0, 3750(PoE), 6500
- Wireless: Mobility Controllers (Aruba 6000 Aruba OS 2.x and 3.x), Aironet
- Tools: Ethereal/Wireshark, MRTG
- Management: SNMP, MIB, Syslog, SolarWinds (NPM, Cirrus, Orion.)
- Mainframe: IBM SNA, X.25, VTAM, IBM Token Ring.
- Software: MS Server products, MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Office.
(Aug 2006 to Sep 2007)
Cisco and WLAN EngineerHeathrow Airport T5 Project
Cisco Engineer on the BAA Terminal 5 project, working with ntl: and BAA to configure, test and install the Cisco Campus network, comprising over 550 x Cisco 3750 and Cisco 2955 rugged switches spread across multiple VTP Domains.
The design, based on Cisco’s 3 tier hierarchical Model, provides secure MPLS VPNs (RFC 2547) for the new T5 airport systems and Customers (World Duty Free retail outlets), as well as allowing interconnectivity to the rest of the Heathrow airport enterprise network.
- Tested campus network design building blocks in off-site facility
- Prepared pre-staging Cisco switch and router configurations
- Installed and configured Cisco active LAN equipment
- Provided 3rd line support in the event of problems
Other responsibilities included planning, configuration and integration of the T5 Wireless LAN equipment, which comprised multiple Aruba 6000 WLAN Mobility Controllers and over 600 x AP70 thin-client Access Points. Modules included IPS (Intrusion Prevention), Firewall and Policy Feature. Implemented RF bandwidth management to control RF throughput on a per-SSID basis, shared between BA, BAA and the Public (T-Mobile Wireless ISP).
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Cisco Engineer - Urgent: Freelance Cisco engineer required for ad-hoc VPN tunnel set-ups on an ASA5510 Firewall. Work can be done remotely after initial meeting. Urgent Requirement.
- VOIP Technician: Need a VOIP technician for help in setting up small office IPPBX and 4 VOIP phones. Have all the equipment brand new, just need help by either remote access, MSN, or phone to help configure the system ASAP. Please apply if you can help over the christmas period. Ideally looking for set up to be completed on or before 5th Jan.
- Wireless Network Engineer: We require a wireless network engineer to go out to sites and complete site survey and return to site to complete installation.
- Cisco: Our client needs someone with a high level of expertise configuring Cisco Routers for Voice Calls. The model of the route they have is a rather old Cisco 3745. The suitable freelancer would work remotely by accessing the unit across a VPN. The estimate is that this could take a few days depending on the candidate experience. If you’re interested and would like to find out more please contact Hannah Cockill at People4business.
- Cisco Engineer: Hi, I'm a freelance IT consultant who needs a Cisco engineer to configure my Cisco ASA 5505. I've created a network design, and have managed to log on to the 5505, but unfortunately I've forgotten most of what I learned when I took the CCNA. Basically, I feel I could eventually do this, but I just don't have the time and would much rather get someone who knows what they're doing to simply get on with it.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- 3270 BSC (Networks - IBM)
- 8224 Stackable Hubs (Networks - IBM)
- AAA (Networks)
- BGP (Networks)
- Case DCX (Networks)
- Category 5 (Networks)
- DHCP (Networks)
- DNS (Networks)
- EIGRP (Networks)
- Fast Ethernet (Networks)
- FEP (Networks - IBM)
- Fibre Optic (Networks)
- Frame Relay (Networks)
- FTP (Networks)
- Gigabyte Ethernet (Networks)
- IBM (Networks)
- IP (Networks)
- ISDN (Networks)
- Kermit (Networks)
- LAN (Networks)
- LAN Network Management (Networks)
- MPLS (Networks)
- Netview (Networks)
- Network Analysis (Networks)
- Network Design (Networks)
- Network Management (Networks - IBM)
- Network Management (Networks)
- NOC (Networks)
- OSI (Networks)
- OSPF (Networks)
- Radius (Networks)
- RIP (Networks)
- RPC (Networks)
- SMTP (Networks)
- SNA Server (Networks)
- Sniffer (Networks)
- SNMP (Networks)
- Tacacs (Networks)
- TCP/IP (Networks)
- TFTP (Networks)
- UDP (Networks)
- VOIP (Networks)
- Wireless (Networks)
- X25 (Networks)