Freelance Graphic Designer / Animator Chelmsford, Essex, UK
I have designed Annual Reports, magazines, leaflets, brochures and posters for the NHS and other clients. Skills: Graphic Design, 2D animation, Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator & QuarkXPress.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£23.53 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£188.24 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
20 April 2011: He helped to create a booklet in InDesign, creating and inserting graphics and inserting text. He helped to put create the PDF file of the booklet, such that I could print off the booklet. He also used PhotoShop to create additional graphics.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I worked as a Communications Officer at NHS Newham for six years before moving on to another Communications Officer role in Essex.
I also have some experience of creating interactive work using Flash CS4.
I produce a wide range of Graphic Design work which include health promotion packs, magazines, brochures, leaflets and posters. I have a good knowledge of printing and production processes including setting up PDFs for various printing requirements. I use QuarkXpress, Indesign, Photoshop, PowerPoint and Publisher efficiently in my design work.
I was previously employed as a 2D animator at 3D films where I worked on short animated films such as George and the dragon, The Pied Piper of Hamlin and other children's classics.
(Apr 2003 & ongoing)
I have worked as a Communications Officer at NHS Newham for six years. My work in this role includes the following:
• Design and layout of the Trust’s Annual Report (2004/05)
• Design and layout of Annual Report (2005/06)
• Your Guide to Local Health Services (booklet)
• Patient information leaflets (Dental Service, Respite Care, Foot Health, Learning Disabilities)
• Design and layout of Newham Health Matters (bi-monthly staff magazine) (2005 - 2007)
• Posters: Chief Executive Awards, Annual Public Meeting, Patient Advice & Liaison Service
Intranet and Internet content administrator
• In my role as a communications officer, I have edited, uploaded and approved content to the intranet and internet
• I have a working knowledge of Dreamweaver and Spearhead content management software systems
Press and media handling
• I am the first point of contact for all press and media enquiries
• I am responsible for logging all press enquiries in the press enquiries log
• I write press statements in response to press enquiries
• I write proactive press releases to promote events and new initiatives
• My press releases and articles have been published in:
o The Newham Recorder
o Newham Mag
o Stratford Express
I have interviewed local residents and written articles about their experiences of health services in Newham. (Examples available on request)
• I am responsible for taking photographs of staff events and maintaining the organisation’s image library
• Arranged photo-shoot with external photographers
• Some of my photographs have been published with my press releases in the Newham Recorder and other local magazines
(Apr 2003 to Sep 2003)
Human Resources Assistant
(May 2001 to Jun 2002)
Animator – 3D FilmsTelford Plaza
I worked as a traditional 2D animator for over a year on various short animated films. My main role was to animate characters in various scenarios by drawing and scanning the drawings onto a line tester.
(Jul 2000 to May 2001)
Reception SupervisorForte Premiere Bloomsbury Hotel
(Sep 1997 to Jul 2000)
ReceptionistForte Premiere Bloomsbury Hotel
Postgraduate Certificate in Animation
B.A. Honours Communication Media
BTEC National Diploma Graphic Design
(Sep 1999 to Feb 2000)
Central Saint Martins College (London Animation Studio)
Postgraduate Certificate in Animation
(Sep 1994 to Jun 1997)
Kent Institute of Art & Design
B.A Honours Communication Media
(Sep 1992 to Jul 1994)
BTEC National Diploma Graphic Design
Qualifications & training
Social Marketing (Department of Health 1 day training), 2008
CIPR press release writing, 2007
Dreamweaver 8, 2007
QuarkXpress level 2, 2003
Microsoft Publisher, 2003
Postgraduate Certificate in Animation, 2000
B.A. Honours Degree, Communication Media, 1997
BTEC National Diploma, Graphic Design, 1994
BTEC First Diploma, Art & Design, 1992
G.C.S.E. O Levels, (Maths, Literature
English Language, Graphical Communication), 1990
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- QuarkXpress 8 and CS4: We are looking for someone to work in london-based office or from home on apple mac using quarkXpress 8 and CS4. To update a number of publications and certificates. If office based work from 10am to 4pm. Please apply for more details. To start Thursday.
- Graphic Design: I've written three handbooks 16 pages (8,823 words), 21pages (12,195 words) and 26 pages (20, 640 words). I want a quote for the layout of these handbooks please. Looking for a fixed price, rather than an hourly/day rate. Email to email@example.com or apply through the website. Thank you.
- Booklet work using InDesign: We need someone to work on a booklet, using InDesign, adding or making up graphics, tidying up the booklet, making a pdf copy, etc. Please apply for more details.
- Senior Art Worker : We are working on a submission to a major London pharmaceutical company, that will require us to put together an entire team made up of freelancers (who will be required to sign strict confidentiality agreements) We are looking for a Senior Art Worker that will be responsible for overall art working of all creative treatments. Our client if based in London and we are based in Birmingham. Ideally looking for someone who would be willing to travel to both.
- Graphic Designer for VFX/Graphics company: We are a small VFX and graphics design company based in Central London. Our main work is recreating titles for trailers and feature film into foreign languages from supplied original version titles. You will need a good understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator and will need to be able to work under tight deadlines. Must have film or television experience.
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Freelance Illustrator, Bedfordshire, UK [£11.76 per hr]
For the last few years I have been working as a freelancer in illustration and flash developing but have also ventured into other areas. I am skilled in pencil art, digital art work and painting.
- Freelance Multi-media Designer, Liverpool, Merseyside, UK [£29.41 per hr]
I specialise in multi-media design & art direction. With over 8 years experience working on national brands and campaigns in web, print, advertising & broadcast for corporate & entertainment sectors
- Seller 244287, Glasgow, City Of Glasgow, UK [£28.24 per hr]
3D Artist - Compositor - Communications Designer BA. 10 years professional experience in Film, TV, other Media.
- Seller 244949, Porth, Mid Glamorgan, UK [£29.41 per hr]
After studying a Foundation in Art and Design & HND in Animation. Straight to a Post-Production House in Cardiff. I worked as an Animator/Designer for 7 years. I have been freelancing two months.
- Graphic Designer, London, Greater London, UK [£23.53 per hr]
I have a very broad skill base and can professionally complete projects in the areas of graphic design, branding, dvd authoring, website design and motion graphics. Strong typographic approach.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Acrobat (Adobe)
- Annual Reports
- Cartoons (Animation)
- Childrens Books (Illustration)
- Graphic Design
- Greetings Cards (Illustration)
- Illustrator (Adobe)
- InDesign (Adobe)
- Logos/Stationery (Design)
- Macromedia Flash MX
- Office Suite (Microsoft)
- Photoshop (Adobe)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Publisher (Microsoft)