Freelance Event Management, Event Consultant and Project Manager London
An Events Specialist Consultant experienced in managing projects ranging in size and diversity, from major product launches to international investor conferences.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£37.65 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£301.18 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Working as both an internal and external consultant, skilled in taking the client brief, and translating it into a comprehensive plan with clear budget parameters and time lines. Delivered more sustained internal projects, involving the revamp of corporate hospitality and catering strategies, problem analysis and solution, and the day-to-day management of facilities, as well as founding and managing an event and project management consultancy. Have experience in working as a consultant internationally in the USA, UK and UAE. Worked in sectors as diverse as company training meetings, CEO monthly/annual meetings, property development and investment, on-line marketing, and hotels and catering.
REPRESENTATIVE EVENTS AND PROJECTS
Designed, marketed and managed a series of investor meetings, exhibition attendance, and conferences in Dubai, the UK, and the US.
• As an external consultant, worked directly with the CEO of Al Barakah Investments to bring about this multimillion $(AED) project.
• Sourced and introduced new investors to this major property development company, via a series of domestic meetings and conferences in the UK and US, and arranged customised 4 day events in Dubai for potential clients.
• Arranging accommodation organised hospitality and hosted seminars to inform on Dubai culture and infrastructure.
• Delivered increased market exposure for the client and greatly increased sales activity.
Market and Managed a major public product launch seminar, attracting 800 delegates.
• Built this comprehensive 2 day promotional seminar, and sourced a top international speaker to lead and inspire delegates to work with, and buy the company’s on-line self-development training programmes and products.
• Sourced and managed all accommodation and travel arrangements, registration, publicity, on-line payment and registration systems, liaison with sponsors, and the management of all Pre, during and post event sales.
• Achieved a commercial return of 25% of delegates buying on the day, and a further 50% making purchases within the following 6 months.
Led major hospitality, catering and event management transformation project.
• Acting as an internal consultant, re-vamped the entire catering department for this Asian food co-operative with 1000 employees,
• Drove culturally sensitive changes in working practices, terms and conditions of employment, and the structure of the department in order to meet the companies continuously evolving need for quality, and the ability to attract its personnel to use the facility.
• Overcame language constraints through the design, and use of highly visually oriented training materials, powering the implementation of change in areas such as the setting up of new staffing rotas, and company protocols.
• Organised monthly themed events, to boost internal sales, and introduced feedback cards to check the effectiveness of changes.
• Sourced new equipment and was responsible for the budget, including the recruitment of new team members to carry the strategy forward.
• Achieved a resultant 60% rise in take up of the internal catering service, and the introduction of their first workable hospitality facility.
Set up and managed a variety of corporate dining/hospitality unit transformation projects throughout London.
• Acting as an internal consultant for a major catering contractors, these projects and events ranged in nature from hotel catering units to Corporate Head Office’ fine dining and hospitality departments to high profile public sector facilities.
• Exposed to every aspect of catering and hospitality event management, ranging in nature from “New Build” design, and implementation to the provision of corporate retreat programmes.
• Set and managed budgets, specified and commissioned equipment, liaised with suppliers and/or clients, devised contingency plans, recruited and trained staff, built and led teams, and ensured compliance with all aspects of the law, including health and safety at work.
(2008 & ongoing)
Founder and Consultant
A consultancy specialising in project management and event co-ordination.
(Feb 2000 & ongoing)
Founder and ConsultantLondon
(2007 to 2008)
Event Marketing ConsultantDubai
(2004 to 2007)
Internal Hospitality & Meeting Manager
(1990 to 2004)
Deputy Catering/Events manager- Mobile Unit manager- Catering Hospitality managerCompass
(Mar 1995 to Jun 2000)
Deputy Catering/Events managerCompass , In/Out London
(Jan 1985 to Jul 1995)
Chef de Partie/Pastry ChefThistle Hotels , London
( 1983 to 1985)
Southgate Technical College
Royal Institute of Public Health and Hygiene.
City and Guilds 706/1 and 706/2
Alcoholic beverages Course
( 1977 to 1983)
3 A levels, 5 GCSE’s NVQ Communication Skills Level 3
- Find Project Managers with Events skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Corporate skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Public Sector skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Development skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Property Development skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Conferences skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Product Launches skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Project Consultancy skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with International skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Consultancy skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Marketing skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with On Line skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Contingency Plans skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Product skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Implementation skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Management Consultancy skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Hospitality skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Event Management skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Sales skills in London.
- Find Project Managers with Facilities skills in London.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- Marketing & Events Executive - Major Global Company - Fantastic Opportunity: Marketing Events Executive - Six Months Full-time Contract - Immediate start - London Leading global company undergoing transition seeks experienced marketing and events project manager / executive to manage the roll out of information on its new launch. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a leading international company on a global campaign. You will be based in the central London offices.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Business Development (Business Consulting)
- Business Plan Creation (Business Consulting)
- Contract Management
- Investor Relations Management
- Briefings (Events)
- Conferences (Events)
- Conferences (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Consultancy (Public Relations)
- Corporate Communications (Public Relations)
- Event Management (Public Relations)
- Event Management (Charity Fundraising)
- Exhibitions (Events)
- Exhibitions & Conferences (Marketing)
- Investor Relations (Public Relations - Public Affairs)
- Investor Relations (Public Relations - Corporate Communications)
- New Product Release (Product Management)
- PR Strategy Development (Public Relations - Consultancy)
- Presentation Delivery
- Presentation Preparation
- Product Launches (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Public Affairs (Public Relations)
- Seminars (Events)
- Seminars (Public Relations - Event Management)