Freelance Art Director/writer London, UK
I create uncomplicated, uncluttered advertising and marketing collateral that communicates the USP of the product or service, simply and effectively - on brief, on time and on budget.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£47.06 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£376.47 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
18 May 2009: Brian is, in my opinionn an excellen graphic designer and copywriter. He has a good creative skill and has produced a good designs for our promotional material. He has a very thorough and detailed approach to his work which bodes well for a good working relationship. We have received excellent feedback from colleagues and customers alike and look forward to our ongoing work with Brian's company.
15 May 2009: A very creative and personable individual. Full of good ideas, very professional and good value for money. I would happily recommend him without reservation.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I work on advertising, brand creation, corporate communications and direct mail - above, below, through and on line.
My background in advertising and marketing communications has provided a wealth of both creative and client facing experience in; creating concepts and designs, writing and sub editing copy, as well as supervising external suppliers such as photographers, web developers, printers and mailing houses.
I have good organizational and inter-personal skills and the proven ability to produce effective work.
You get a great return on investment, as you're only paying for the creative skills you need, not massive overheads.
(Jan 2008 & ongoing)
We have been fortunate to work with a wide range of organisations, from Multinational corporations to SME’s and from NGO’s to creative hotshots.
United Kingdom National Commission for UNESCO:
The UK National Commission is an essential partner to UNESCO in promoting the inseparable goals of peace, mutual understanding and equitable and sustainable human development.
Folder & Stationery design.
MindStudio are leading London photographers, bringing creative artistry to photography, throughout the UK and internationally.
Logo, DVD Cover, Branding Guide & Email Strap.
Global Business Locations Expo:
Global Business Locations Expo will showcase the most attractive and emerging locations around the world.
Logo Design & PDF Sales Brochure.
Nikon Solutions Expo:
Showcases the products and techniques to help professional photographers shoot more effective images
Show Theme, Advertising, Poster, Website Design & Show Signage.
Royal Parks Half Marathon 2008 + 2009:
Central London’s first ever Half Marathon is an event that supports grassroots causes.
PDF Sales Brochures, pre & post event.
On Show Events:
On Show Events are dedicated professionals who have many years of experience in every aspect of the live event industry.
Logo, Stationery, Website Design, Brochure & Exhibition Panels.
The Slimming Show:
Dedicated to all aspects of slimming and dieting, with a major emphasis on healthy eating and exercise.
Logo Design & PDF Sales Brochure.
DIFFICIL-S® is one of the most powerful broad spectrum disinfectants ever developed.
Brochure, Ads, DVD Case & Banners.
Providence Row is a charity working to provide support and hope to homeless people in Tower Hamlets and the City of London.
Mailer Design & Cover and Inside Photography.
(Jan 1993 to Jan 2008)
Allied Domecq Leisure, Anisa Group, BMA, BMA Services, Brake Bros, Cromwell IVF, Federation of small businesses, Jardines, Nikon, NT CADCAM, P&O Containers, Punch Taverns, Taylor Walker.
(Jan 1985 to Jan 1993)
Art DirectorFreelance Art Director, London
Accounts worked on included; Business Design Centre, Kalle Infotec, Longman Training, MOL, Multitone, Plessy Tellumat, Siemens, Ventile, WordPerfect
(Sep 1972 to Jul 1974)
Sir George Monux
Brian has provided us with fantastic concepts, graphics and copy which have received excellent feedback from both colleagues and customers alike. Brian has a very thorough and detailed approach to every project - which is why we’ve had a great working relationship for over 15 years and look forward to our ongoing work with him.
Marketing Manager, Clinimax Ltd
I have been extremely pleased with the quality of the adverts, brochures and mailers Brian has produced for us. He has developed compelling messages to communicate our USP to both our existing and potential customers.
New Technology CADCAM Limited
Brian was committed to understanding our organization and our marketing needs in order to make the design process a real success. He was flexible and really worked with us to ensure the project was delivered to a high standard, bringing his own creativity and imagination to the subject whilst being sensitive to our challenges and respecting our expertise in the sector. We would certainly recommend him!
Jenny Fawson, Fundraising Manager, Providence Row
Brian is full of good ideas, very professional and great value for money. I would happily recommend them without reservation.
Tom Spencer, Managing Director,
On Show Events.
Brian has provided us with many excellent web site designs, which have been instrumental in helping us both win business and retain satisfied customers.
With many suppliers we have experienced missed deadlines and the resulting headaches, with Brian that’s not the case. He’s a byword for reliability, always coming in on, or ahead of deadline and making my life far easier! Brian is a pleasure to work with.
Rhidian Jones, Director, CRS
Brian has produced concepts, design and copy - above and below the line - for many of my companies for over twenty years and he can be relied upon to produce creative, effective work, whatever the budget or client restraints.
He is particularly strong in immersing himself into a project/market and understanding/defining the objectives of the task prior to developing relevant solutions.
Keith Lee, Director,
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Creative tender support: Creative challenge in the international aviation industry Am seeking support for the submission of a professional tender reply to government authorities of an European country. Delivery of result required to the point and on tight timelines (mid March11). Samples of the expected result in terms of key message, graphical design and animation are available. However, full creativity and participation are desired.
- Designer: To help design packaging and branding for a product for the children's market. Please apply for more details.
- Creative Director : We are working on a submission to a major London pharmaceutical company, that will require us to put together an entire team made up of freelancers (who will be required to sign strict confidentiality agreements) We are looking for a Creative Director for the overall responsibility for the 'look and feel' of the event. Our client if based in London and we are based in Birmingham. Ideally looking for someone who would be willing to travel to both.
- Art Director: We are a family run business. We have over 40 years of experience, my father being an award winning chef in Indian Cusine, I am the second generation. We are looking to produce a high end recipe book. I have examples of books I am fond of. Having a Ba in Visual Communication, I was really looking for advice, guidance and support on some of my existing concerns in terms of selling ourselves from a marketing perspective.
- Creative Director : I am looking for an above the line creative director. Please apply for more details.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Adobe (Web Design & User Experience)
- Apple Macintosh OS (Operating Systems)
- Illustrator (Web Design & User Experience - Adobe)
- Photoshop (Web Design & User Experience - Adobe)
- Above The Line
- Advertisement (Design)
- Artwork Production (Marketing)
- Below The Line
- Branding & Brand Management (Marketing)
- Copywriting (Marketing - Direct Marketing)
- Design (Marketing - Direct Marketing)
- Direct Marketing (Marketing)
- Envelope Design (Marketing - Direct Marketing)
- Exhibitions & Conferences (Marketing)
- External Communications
- Fax Marketing (Marketing - Direct Marketing)
- Inserts (Marketing - Direct Marketing)
- Internal Communications
- Point of Sale Material
- Posters (Design)
- Promotional Material (Design)
- Acrobat (Adobe)
- Business to Business (Writing)
- Business to Consumer (Writing)
- Commercial Design (Design)
- Copywriting (Writing)
- Creative Writing (Writing)
- Graphic Design
- Illustrator (Adobe)
- Logos/Stationery (Design)
- Marketing Copy (Writing)
- Newsletters (Writing)
- Page & Book Layout
- Photoshop (Adobe)
- Print Advertisements (Design)
- Promotional Material
- Web Content (Writing)