Freelance consultant specialising in legal issues (non-practising solicitor) Perugia, Umbria
Italian/English Translator/Interpretor/Legal Consultant-specialising in IP/English Language Teacher
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£35.29 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£282.35 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Before I became a qualified solicitor in the private sector, I had extensive project managerial experience of over 5 years of the not for profit sector. The most prominent being as Project Manager at Stirling Citizens’ Advice Bureau. I developed an advice service in conjunction with Stirling and District Association for Mental Health.
My academic and legal background has equipped me with excellent writing and research skills that I bring to all my assignments.
I am now operating as a home based freelance legal consultant, Italian translator and English teacher in both the UK and Italy that perfectly suits my excellent natural skills for self-discipline, motivation and time management. I have a proven ability to manage a varied caseload, to understand organizational needs and advise accordingly. Ability to work on a self-directed basis and as part of a team. Assessment of client’s needs and delivery of work within agreed timescales. Clear and effective communicator with considerable experience of developing presentations to both large and small groups. I am a native English speaker, with Intermediate/Fluent Italian both verbal and written
(Aug 2007 to Sep 2012)
• Project managed rebuild and establishment of bed and breakfast business
• Website and logo design and launch
• Design and publication of multilingual publicity material
(May 2004 to Jul 2007)
Legal Traineeship then Qualified SolicitorScotland
Legal Traineeship then Qualified Solicitor
• Civil Law-including family law-contact and resident orders, parental rights and separation agreements, division of matrimonial property, interdicts with power of arrests, precognitions and affidavits. Assisted in the implementation of the new civil legal aid procedures and drafted the firms good practice guidelines.
• Criminal Law -representation of clients at district, sheriff and High courts including pleading, intermediate and trial diets. Assisted in the implementation of the Scottish legal aid board case audit.
• Conveyancing Law-assisted in the provision of offers, examination of title and dispositions.
• Private Client Law-provision of wills and power of attorneys, executrix estates.
(Aug 2002 to Aug 2003)
Housing Support SupervisorVisibility, Glasgow, Scotland
• Identified and assessed client housing requirements, offered support and assistance to maintain independence in their home.
• Involved in staff supervision, induction and appraisals.
(Feb 1999 to Oct 2000)
Mental Health Project ManagerCitizens Advice Bureau, Stirling, Scotland
• Developed and managed a client centred mental health advice service that provided information, advice, representation and advocacy.
• Formed support networks with key personnel, including CPN’s and social work professionals, to encourage effective delivery of community and social care services.
• Presented quarterly and annual project reports to relevant funding agencies.
• Represented clients at Social Security Tribunal with a 100% success record
(Oct 2002 to May 2004)
University of Edinburgh
Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
(Oct 2000 to Jun 2002)
University of Glasgow
LLB- Graduate Accelerated 2 year Law Programme.
(Oct 1994 to Jun 1998)
University of Glasgow
MA JOINT HONOURS 2:1 Archaeology and History.
Member of the Law Society of Scotland. Practicing Certificate No. 0533315365
LANGUAGE SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Italian intermediate level.
i-to-i UK LTD, Leeds, UK, August 2006
Diploma in Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Freelance writer: Freelance writers required for a variety of assignments producing 10-20 articles per month. We are looking to form a small team of 5 regular writers to produce online news, articles and blog posts. Ideally candidates would have experience of writing for the energy sector. Essential requirement is to use your creative skills to independently develop 5 original pieces of 3-500 words each based on one keyword per weekly.
- Trademark / Patent: We are looking for someone who has experience of registering products as trademarks. Patent/legal experience may be of an advantage. We are based in Scotland but all work can be done remotely. A couple of hours a day, over several days one week
Freelancers, Contractors & Consultants that have been shortlisted with this Candidate:
- Seller 256324, London, UK [£18.82 per hr]
Multi-skilled: Legal/Medical/PA :- Fast - Copytyping/Digital audio: documents, thesis, dissertations, reports, proofreading, CVs, powerpoint, writer (pls check skills), proofreader - fast turnaround
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Access (Microsoft)
- Complaint Handling
- Customer Service
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Letter Writing
- Outlook (Microsoft)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Publisher (Microsoft)
- Word (Microsoft)
- CRB (Security Clearance)
- DV (Security Clearance)
- English (Languages)
- Italian (Languages)
- Matrimonial (Family Law)
- Solicitor (Legally Qualified)