Freelance strategic brand & advertising consultant London, UK
Brands, business & cultural change. Client(Unilever)&Ad Agencies(Planning Director)experience. Ad planning skills (strategy,research,comms,wkshop facilitation)UK,USA&Madrid. Psychotherapy training. Ran own brand business.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£117.65 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£941.18 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I am a freelance strategic marketing and advertising consultant with over 25 years’ experience of understanding business problems, brands, people, and organisational change. My background includes client (Unilever UCMDS) and advertising agency experience (board level Planning Director at top London agencies). I bring both classic advertising planning principles (creative strategic thinking, innovative research) and proven development tools (positive psychology, facilitation, drawing, and storytelling) to creatively solving problems, engaging stakeholders, and designing and facilitating workshops. I am also trained in psychotherapy and counselling. I have worked internationally with entrepreneurial, blue chip, and creative cultures across many demanding markets (from fmcg to technology) and I have lived and worked in the UK, USA and Madrid. I have run my own brand consultancy business and almost been a software entrepreneur.
References on request.
Workshop design and facilitation (Brussels), coaching programme ,
Departmental Plan Creation as Dept doubles (Canterbury campus)
Consultancy work DEFRA: designing/facilitating workshop
(60+ attendees, 3rd Sector, Govt, Olympics bodies) Sustainability & Olympics
(2008 to 2008)
(2007 to 2007)
Senior Planner EuroRSCG:
(2005 to 2007)
Big green door is a leading strategic creative brand consultancy
Clients: Masterfoods, Unilever, PepsiCo, Pedigree and COI.
(2003 to 2005)
an entrepreneurial start-up for new information analysis software. Role: Strategy and positioning within fast changing Hi- Tech marketplace, raising investment; launch and tailoring of innovative new generation technology.
(2001 to 2003)
Creative / Business PlannerMountainview brand consultancy. (Later BBDO group)
Gallo USA -Turning Leaf, Redwood Creek, Gallo of Sonoma, Portfolio Projects, npd.
Achievements: Turned $15m marketing budget into 4% yr on yr portfolio growth in commoditised wine market. Initiated new research, psychology techniques. Developed
‘Worldwide Learning’ bank for Gallo.
(1999 to 2001)
Founding Partnerw. Ailean Mills
Founding Partner, w. Ailean Mills, of own business ‘Upstream’
Business idea – brand opportunities & solutions often found within client company cultures and teams. Brand consultancy reframed brand thinking. Specialisations - Qualitative Research, Strategic Brand Planning, Creative Facilitation & Coaching.
(1998 to 1998)
Senior Planner (Freelance)Big Green Door Unilever
(1998 to 1998)
Senior PlannerMcCann Erickson Nestle Coffee (£12m)
(1997 to 1997)
Planner Limbo (BBH Group)
Build brand and business planning in creative below-the-line culture.
Extensive Facilitation / creative problem solving experience.
Good Spanish (Ran workshops in South America)
Alumna of - ‘The Mastery’ creative platform course, ‘The Can’t Sing Choir’
Clean Driving License, Mac/PC proficient.
Membership APG, Marketing Society, RSA Fellow
Madrid ’94 – ‘96
95 Agency Planning Director TBWA
Role: Introduce Planning for first time to highly creative agency.
94 Consultant : McCann Erickson
Role: Strategic Review agency’s biggest account – Opel
London ’91 - ‘94
92 - 94 Board Planning Director Leo Burnett
Role: Raise profile and importance of Planning; demonstrate recognisable business benefits on key accounts: (United Biscuits – McVities, Rich T, Hob Nobs / Age Concern/ Pillsbury / Kellogg)
Developed brand planning ‘tool-kit’ (storytelling, workshops, cross discipline working)
91-92 Account Director Arc Advertising: Agency dedicated to Murdoch titles.
91 Freelance Marketing Consultant Pragma: Clients Autoglass, Olympia and York, P & G
New York ’89 -90
89-90 Senior Vice President: D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles
Louis Rich ($20m), General Foods ($10m).
88 Board Account Director D’Arcy Masius Benton & Bowles ( London)
(1987 Agency of the year)
Mars, 1992 Single European Market Campaign, Richardson Vicks, Ocean Pacific Europe
Ltd (New win) Agency Training
83 Account Director: Ogilvy and Mather
American Express, Shell, Seagram, Lever Brothers, NPD, British Gas
82 Account Manager Grey Advertising:
General Foods, Stafford Miller, Bristol-Myers, NPD, New Business
78 - 82 Unilever Management Trainee, Brand Manager Lever Brothers
Brands; Persil, Jif, Domestos, Surf, Shield
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- strategic management expert: Strategic Management experts experienced in managing corporate reputation are required to deliver three (3) cohorts of 7-day seminars in Central London for delegates from Africa.
- Campaign Manager: I am looking to recruit a campaign manager on a contract basis for a period of 12 months. The person will be client facing and probably working up to 3 days on client site, managing a global internal communications campaign. Responsibilities include: client meetings, planning, scoping, creative liaison, managing implementation, scheduling etc.
- creative marketing director: creative marketing or communications specialist. Experience in FMCG desirable, to put together communication strategy. Global experience an advantage
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Course Material Development (Training & Development)
- Delivery (Training & Development - Training)
- Executive Development (Training & Development)
- Leadership Development (Training & Development)
- Methods (Training & Development - Training)
- Needs Analysis (Training & Development - Training)
- Team Building (Training & Development)
- Training (Training & Development)
- Advertising Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Communication All Levels (Project Consultancy)
- Communications Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Course Delivery (HR Consulting - Training)
- Course Design (HR Consulting - Training)
- Evaluation (Charity & Not-for-profit - Service development)
- Leadership (Project Consultancy)
- Management Development (HR Consulting)
- Market Research (Marketing Consulting)
- Marketing Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Mentoring (Project Consultancy)
- Motivation Strategy (HR Consulting)
- New Product Launch (Marketing Consulting)
- Organisational Development
- Private Sector (Project Consultancy)
- Public Sector (Project Consultancy)
- Service development (Charity & Not-for-profit)
- Team Building (HR Consulting)
- Training (HR Consulting)