Freelance Senior Graphic Designer Bristol, City Of Bristol, UK
Versatile and highly skilled Senior Graphic Designer with expertise in product design and development, publishing, advertising, marketing, conceptual design, web design and software training.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£29.41 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£235.29 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Design and development of licensed and non licensed products, books and merchandise.
Branding and Identity.
Bilingual (English and German).
Leadership. Problem solving. Researching. Conceptualising. Time management.
Software training. Mentoring, tutoring and technical support.
Computer (Mac & PC):
Highly proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Quark XPress 6.
Good knowledge of MS Office, Dreamweaver & HTML, some Flash and ActionScript 3.0, Fireworks, Freehand 8.
Professional understanding of print production, prepress and web requirements, finished artwork. Development, implementation and maintenance of custom IT and filing systems for design studios.
Fluent in speaking and writing in English and German, some knowledge of French.
Very good knowledge of SLR cameras, B/W processing, good knowledge of digital photography.
(Oct 2011 & ongoing)
Freelance Tutor/Course InstructorBath, UK
Plan, prepare course material and conduct Graphic Design, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign courses for professional development.
Prepare beginner level learners for ACA Exam to gain Adobe certification.
(Feb 2009 & ongoing)
Freelance Senior Graphic DesignerBristol
Logo and identity design, brand development. Book design and packaging. Webdesign. E-mail newsletters and marketing literature. Design of exhibition graphics and CD packaging. Software training.
(Jan 2008 to Feb 2009)
Senior Designer for licensed and bespoke products, giftware, clothing, accessories, marketing material
Software training and mentoring
Design team management support
Development, introduction and maintenance of IT filing systems
(Aug 2005 to Dec 2007)
Design of licensed children’s books for Disney, Beano and Bratz aimed at the mass market audience
Concept development in cooperation with senior editors
Briefing, art directing and supervising illustrators, freelance designers and colleagues
Instruct and liaise with production department/repro/printers
Key conceptual design responsibility including editorial/content development
(Jan 2005 to Jun 2005)
Graphic DesignerFuntastic, Melbourne, Australia
Development of new publication aimed at specific market
Art direction in close cooperation with writer/illustrator and in-house editor
Design of generic and licensed children’s books
(Feb 2004 to Jun 2004)
Graphic Designer7thsense new media, Stuttgart, Germany
Redevelopment of corporate design
Solely responsible for concept development, copy writing and editing, type setting, layout, finished artwork of brochure and key account management.
Design and adjustment of web site
Training in web design, new media, online marketing
(Apr 2003 to Jul 2003)
Freelance Graphic DesignerAdcore Creative, Melbourne, Australia
Design, finished artwork and type setting of advertisements, prospectuses, catalogues and direct marketing material
(Aug 2002 to Dec 2002)
Junior DesignerPlatzer Kommunikation Advertising Agency, Munich, Germany
Advertising and marketing material
Conceptual design for campaigns
Liaising with repro and publishers
(Oct 2011 to Dec 2011)
City of Bath College
Adobe Certified Associate - Photoshop CS5
(Oct 2006 to Oct 2006)
Advanced Training in InDesign (print and prepress)
(Jul 2004 to Jul 2005)
Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Design (with distinction)
Postgraduate Studies in:
Information and Interface Design
(Oct 2003 to Nov 2003)
LaTrobe College of New Media
Advanced Certificate in Web Design
(Sep 2000 to Jul 2002)
Berufliches Schulzentrum Alois Senefelder München
Apprenticeship in Media Design (print and digital media)
Training at Danner Marketing Advertising Agency, accompanied by vocational school
Design for print and web
October 1999 – July 2000 Fachhochschule Konstanz- Germany- Architecture studies
August 1998 – September 1999 E. Faecke Freier Architekt- Werk II & Kunstschule Bielefeld
Work experience and internships at an architectural office, an advertising agency and a school for art and design.
June 1998 International Baccalaureate (A-Levels)- with main subjects Mathematics and Fine Art-Böblingen, Germany
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Senior Graphic Designer : Senior Graphic Designer (7+ years exp) required. - Budget: 200GBP per day maximum - Strong corporate identity/branding portfolio financial services/real estate sector) - Global brands - Analytical thinker - Great typography - Contemporary, refined style Please apply for more details.
- Graphic Designer: I require a Graphic Designer with Adobe Photoshop skills. Please apply for more details.
- Packaging/Graphic Designer: Final Artwork production for a new male grooming range aimed at the high end demographic. Six products in the line. Liaise with the Junior in house graphic deisgner to ensure the project is managed swiftly and with expert quality. Experience in final is artwork is essential on packaging. Artwork support oin this project urgently.
- Professional Typesetter: Professional typesetting of a Word document into a professional looking electronic template that includes our corporate branding and various boxed areas throughout the document that represent areas to be completed by our clients in an electronic Word format - perhaps having been converted to and from Microsoft Publisher or some other suitable application.
- POS Designer: We are looking for an experienced POS designer to illustrate and design to a required specification
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Arts & Design (Further Education)
- English (Languages)
- German (Languages)
- Staff Training (Further Education)
- Career Development (Training & Development)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Course Material Development (Training & Development)
- Delivery (Training & Development - Training)
- Education (Training & Development)
- Evaluation (Training & Development - Training)
- IT Training Courses (Training & Development)
- Methods (Training & Development - Training)
- Needs Analysis (Training & Development - Training)
- People Development (Training & Development)
- Programme Design (Training & Development - Training)
- Training (Training & Development)
- Adobe (Web Design & User Experience)
- Dreamweaver (Web Design & User Experience - Macromedia)
- Fireworks (Web Design & User Experience - Macromedia)
- Flash (Web Design & User Experience - Macromedia)
- Freehand (Web Design & User Experience - Macromedia)
- German (Foreign Languages)
- Illustrator (Web Design & User Experience - Adobe)
- Macromedia (Web Design & User Experience)
- Network Design (Networks)
- Network Management (Networks)
- On-site Support (IT Support)
- Photoshop (Web Design & User Experience - Adobe)
- Publishing/Advertising (Business Software)
- QuarkXpress (Business Software - Publishing/Advertising)
- Small Business (IT Support)
- Storage Area Network (Networks)
- Advertisement (Design)
- Artwork Production (Marketing)
- Branding & Brand Management (Marketing)
- Conferences (Events)
- Desktop Publishing (Design)
- e-Marketing (Marketing)
- English (Languages)
- Exhibitions (Events)
- German (Languages)
- New Product Development (Product Management)
- Off Line (Design)
- On Line (Design)
- Point of Sale Material
- Posters (Design)
- Presentation Delivery
- Presentation Preparation
- Product Research (Market Research)
- Promotional Material (Design)
- Proof Reading
- Seminars (Events)
- Studio Management (Design)
- Acrobat (Adobe)
- Billboards/Signs (Design)
- Commercial Design (Design)
- English (Languages)
- German (Languages)
- Graphic Design
- Icons (Design)
- Illustrator (Adobe)
- InDesign (Adobe)
- Logos/Stationery (Design)
- Macromedia Flash MX
- Office Suite (Microsoft)
- Page & Book Layout
- Photoshop (Adobe)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Pre-Press Management (Printing)
- Presentation Design (Design)
- Print Advertisements (Design)
- Product Design (Design)
- Production Management (Printing)
- Promotional Material
- Web Sites