Freelance Experienced, MBA-qualified Managing Consultant Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, UK
Highly qualified/experienced management consultant in knowledge, marketing and quality management. Over 20 years in upstream oil & gas energy industry for operator and service organisations.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£94.12 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£752.94 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Experienced oil & gas consultant, working up to board level to consistently develop and deliver successful, innovative strategies, processes and new business models to address strategic aspirations and drive organisational growth.
Deep knowledge and experience of upstream oil & gas Industry built on successful track record of strategy consulting and project delivery for major international operator and service companies in risk mitigation, supply chain quality assurance, information & knowledge management and business development.
- Information/Knowledge Management
- Marketing and Brand Development
- Quality Management System Development
- Project Management
- Tendering Strategy and RFI/ITT Preparation
- Business Process Management
- Advisor for pre and post M&A activity
- Supply Chain Risk Mitigation
Recent assignments include;
- Delivered management system to manage commercial, technical and HSE risks within oil company's international upstream supply chain.
- Created and implemented knowledge management strategy for major service provider to mitigate the risk of industry knowledge drain.
- Developed quality management system for well project and drilling management contractor achieving ISO9001:2008 accreditation.
- Managed multi-discipline project to identify engineering risks within oil supermajor's entire North Sea wells portfolio delivering £millions of savings against operational / well integrity budgets.
- Developed corporate branding and marketing strategy for major service provider to realise £million revenue stream from a previously stranded product.
- Developed client tendering strategy, achieving significantly higher success rate in winning long-term, £ multi-million, international service and supply contracts by competitive tender.
- Delivered pioneering products including the first interactive offshore safety case, digital signatures and virtual employees achieving SMART award and Scottish Enterprise grant
(Jun 2011 & ongoing)
BCG Energy is an exploration & production organisation focussed on the development of 'unconventional' gas fields through underground coal gasification (UCG).
- Management of corporate development strategy, development of business management systems, investor relationship management and brand communication.
(Feb 2007 & ongoing)
Delivery focussed consultancy support to clients in emerging energy sectors and at the leading edge of established energy markets.
- Led client business development teams achieving upper quartile success rate in winning long-term, £ multi-million, international service and supply contracts to a wide range of tier 1, international oil companies.
- Development of client management systems and complex business processes to manage project specific issues in the areas of operational safety, supply chain risk mitigation and quality assurance.
- Advisor and strategy coaching for client tender response teams and pre & post M&A activity.
(Oct 1996 to Feb 2007)
Co-founder of oil and gas risk mitigation and management consultancy with board-level responsibilities including setting the strategic direction for the company and managing long-term client assignments.
- Major account management including P&L, resourcing and customer relationships.
- Quality management system and business process development achieving ISO accreditation.
- Established multi-discipline marketing team creating innovative marketing strategies and brand development for companies ranging from technology start-up to blue chip.
- Delivered technology-led change programmes within organisations including BP, Shell, Hunting, Marathon and Wood Group Engineering.
- Pioneering product development - online communities of practice, the first interactive offshore safety case, digital signatures and virtual employees, achieving SMART award and a Scottish Enterprise grant.
(May 1993 to Oct 1996)
Managing DirectorDesign Works, Aberdeen
Delivered graphic design services to the Oil & Gas industry. Responsibilities included business development, marketing and commercial management of the business.
(Jun 1988 to May 1993)
Training Consultant, Team LeaderScopec International, Aberdeen
- Fellow of the Institute of Consulting
- Member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE)
- Accredited to conduct TMS profiling to fast track selection and development of high performing teams
(Sep 2004 to Jun 2006)
Robert Gordon’s University
Master of Business Administration (MBA)
(Sep 1986 to Jun 1989)
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Oil Marketing Consultant / Trainer: Oil and Oil Products Marketing - Trainer - Barcelona - 24-25 September 2012 Block 1 Fundamental Marketing Concepts Customer and Buyer Behaviour Business-process marketing in the enterprise Block 2 The Marketing Mix as a Decision Framework Oil Products Pricing External environment and the options of market positioning Marketing tools for the formation of a balanced portfolio Block 3 Oil Supply and Distribution Marketing Communications Margins and Margin Management Relationship management with
- Resource person with knowledge and skills on Oil and Gas Project Management: Our client is looking for 2 candidates to deliver four days training in May; the person will be required to deliver knowledge and skills on Oil and Gas Project Management to delegates from Africa. The training will be 8 days long with each person work 4 of the 8. If you're interested and available please email CV's to Hannah Cockill; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Essentials of Petrochemicals Trainer : Essentials of Petrochemicals Trainer - Saudi Arabia - January 21-25 - URGENT! Trainer required to deliver Essentials of Petrochemicals training in Saudi Arabia, using existing course materials. Essentials of Petrochemicals - Course 1 - January 21-25 Experienced Oil & Gas tutor required to deliver Essentials for Petrochemicals courses in Saudi Arabia.
- Have you got what it takes to help entrepreneurs realise their business dreams? Would you like an opportunity to be part of a team supporting entrepreneurs in business? Would you like to join us helping people decide if they have the personality profile to run their own business, decide what business they can run, give them the tools to start and run the business and remove the loneliness of being an entrepreneur?
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Access (Energy - Oil & Gas - Software Skills - Microsoft)
- Document Control Systems (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Document Specialist (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- Enquiries (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience - Tenders)
- Excel (Energy - Oil & Gas - Software Skills - Microsoft)
- Microsoft (Energy - Oil & Gas - Software Skills)
- Project (Energy - Oil & Gas - Software Skills - Microsoft)
- Project Manager (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- QA Advisor (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- Quality Management (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Quality Manager (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- Senior Project Manager (Energy - Oil & Gas - Job Role)
- Software Skills (Energy - Oil & Gas)
- Submissions (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience - Tenders)
- Tenders (Energy - Oil & Gas - Experience)
- Word (Energy - Oil & Gas - Software Skills - Microsoft)
- Career Development (Training & Development)
- Career Management (Training & Development)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Course Material Development (Training & Development)
- Delivery (Training & Development - Training)
- E-Learning (Training & Development)
- Evaluation (Training & Development - Training)
- Induction Training (Training & Development)
- IT Training Courses (Training & Development)
- Methods (Training & Development - Training)
- MS Access (Training & Development - IT Training Courses)
- MS Excel (Training & Development - IT Training Courses)
- MS PowerPoint (Training & Development - IT Training Courses)
- MS Word (Training & Development - IT Training Courses)
- Needs Analysis (Training & Development - Training)
- Programme Design (Training & Development - Training)
- Team Building (Training & Development)
- Training (Training & Development)
- Acquisition Analysis (Oil & Gas)
- Budget Control (Project Consultancy)
- Business Intelligence (Project Consultancy)
- Business Plan Creation (Business Consulting)
- Business Plan Creation (Marketing Consulting)
- Business Plan Creation (IT Consulting)
- Business Plan Creation (Project Consultancy)
- Business Planning (Business Consulting)
- Change Management (Project Consultancy)
- Communications Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Company Start-up
- Competitive Analysis
- Contract Management
- Divestment Analysis (Oil & Gas)
- e-Business Development
- Gap Analysis (Business Consulting)
- General Management (Business Consulting)
- Interim Managing Director (Business Consulting)
- Interim Marketing Director (Marketing Consulting)
- Internal Audit
- Management Buy Out/In
- Marketing Management (Marketing Consulting)
- Marketing Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Media (Project Consultancy)
- Mentoring (Project Consultancy)
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- New Product Launch (Marketing Consulting)
- Non Executive Directorships
- Organisational Development
- Process Design
- Process Mapping
- Procurement/Purchasing (Business Consulting)
- Product Development (Business Consulting)
- Project Management (Project Consultancy)
- Quality Management ISO 9001 : 2000 (Business Consulting)
- Requirements Analysis (Business Consulting)
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Management
- Strategic Analysis (Business Consulting)
- Supply Chain (Project Consultancy)
- Supply Chain Management (Business Consulting)
- Systems Analysis
- Systems Planning/Design (IT Consulting)
- Upstream (Oil & Gas)
- Business Writing (Writing)
- Copywriting (Writing)
- Marketing Copy (Writing)
- Proposals/RFPs (Writing)
- Web Content (Writing)