Freelance Operational/Project Manager Addlestone, Surrey, UK
A highly motivated, proactive and experienced senior manager with a strong track records in operational management, project management and organisational change.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£47.06 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£376.47 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
• Whilst leading a project team, on a large organisational business change implementation programme, I identified a need to analyse historical data regarding pay and pensions and project how this would look under the proposed revised structure. This involved analysing extremely complex data sheets and cross-referencing data to non-pay factors to establish whether the statutory terms and conditions of employment were being breached. This vital piece of project work was completed on time and the results played a pivotal role in shaping the future pensions framework.
• Took initiative to make in-year savings of £300k, exceeding requested savings of
£100k. Achieved by thoroughly analysing cost effective ways to travel overseas and
liaising with external and internal travel providers. Resulting proposal was ratified by an
under- secretary of state and subsequently applied across all three Armed Services,
with projected budgetary savings of £2 million.
• As the lead across the Southern Region for Business Continuity Planning for the Health Protection Agency, and as a part of the process of supporting the HPA in working towards achieving the British Standards, I initiated and subsequently implemented a training program for both individual units and regional staff based in London. This involved training both small and large groups of staff ranging in numbers from 5 to 15.
• As a result of a personally led consultative process and my input to positively influence the administrative staff in three geographically dispersed units, I managed to implement best practice processes during a period of substantial organisational change.
• Through my initiative to overhaul the HR and Admin processes and systems onboard a 700-person aircraft carrier operational effectiveness was vastly increased. This was achieved within a 6-week period and resulted in improved working conditions and a noticeable increase in staff morale.
• As Training Manager in the Health Protection Unit I actively encouraged and motivated a staff member to undertake, and successfully complete, an NVQ3 in management, utilising my previous NVQ Assessor’s experience and mentoring her during the course and giving opportunities to undertake tasks not normally in her remit to give her exposure and increase confidence.
• During the Swine Flu outbreak I was solely responsible for the operational management of the Flu Response Centre, based in Oxford. This involved a protracted period working away from home with unpredictable working hours. The constantly changing priorities and demands had to be dealt with rapidly and relationships with stakeholders and other agencies were very complex and demanding. Through careful negotiation, and after an extremely short space of time, the Flu Response Centre was fully operational and I remained on site to brief and train incoming staff members in the role.
• Successfully wrote business case for, and project managed, from inception, a
simulated training environment at the naval professional training school, including involvement of wide range of subject matter experts and stakeholders, overcoming technical and staffing challenges and introducing concepts new to the training school. This 14-month £200k project was carried out in addition to my main role, and delivered to time and budget, resulting in a state of the art training facility.
• Academically, as well as a BSc from the Open University, I hold an NVQ Level 4 in Management and complete an MSc in Healthcare Management from the University of Surrey in September 2010. Modules successfully completed include Financial Management, Operational Management in Health Care, Health Care Quality Management and Research Methods, providing me with an excellent theoretical base with which to further enhance my proven practical capabilities.
(May 2008 to 2010)
Unit Business ManagerFareham, Hampshire
• Personally responsible for the Business and Operational Management of the Unit.
• Formulate the structure and write the Business Plan on an annual basis.
• Develop and write the Business Cases for the service and review the delivery of the service to ensure they are cost efficient.
• Responsible for the achievement of key objectives (KPIs) and targets for the HPU.
• To develop and manage the business planning process within the HPU including contributing towards forward planning.
• Develop and implement policies to ensure robust Business Continuity.
• Provide leadership and support to team members within the Unit.
• Create, monitor and authorise Standard Operating Procedures.
• Member of the Senior Management Team.
• Contribute to budget planning and setting, writing business cases where necessary.
• Monitor financial budgets and monitor expenditure and income reporting to Very Senior Management as required.
• Assist in the planning process for decision making with regards to capital expenditure.
• Write and Monitor Service Level Agreements.
• Ensure robust clinical and non-clinical governance procedures are in place.
(Jul 1985 to Apr 2008)
Senior Non Commissioned OfficerVarious
• Managed corporate compliance assessment of units to ensure they meet targets set within organisational objectives. Provided detailed verbal and written feedback to personnel that included many senior managers.
• Managed the travel & subsistence budget of approximately £6 million. Collated the quarterly returns, produced a forecast of out-turn and presented this information to the Head of Financial Services, often under very tight time constraints.
• Head of the Administrative/Human Resources Training School. Co-ordinated all courses to ensure professional training was provided to personnel from new entry recruits to senior management undertaking refresher training.
• Ensured units were operating at maximum efficiency on completion of specialist training through constant assessment of professional ability.
• Provided instruction in both Administrative/Human Resource subjects and other logistical matters, outside of my own professional sphere.
• Implemented change programme procedures at the Royal Naval Logistics School to ensure courses reflected the current professional regulations.
• Instructed all courses within the training school to ensure personnel were professionally competent to undertake tasks on completion. This involved setting and marking examinations and ensuring a strict Quality Control regime was in place to comply with the Royal Naval Systems Approach to Training.
(Sep 2008 to )
University of Surrey
MSc Health Care Management
(Jul 1985 to Apr 2008)
Bachelor of Science (Open University)
Licentiate of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
D32/33/34 - NVQ Assessor and Internal Verifier (Administration – Level 2 & 3)
NEBSM Certificate in Supervisory Management
Instructional Methods & Course Training Design
Interviewing Skills & Techniques Course
Certificate in Deaf Awareness
University certificate in Managing Care (Cert Mgt Care)
University certificate in Social Science (Cert Soc Sci)
University certificate in Natural Science (Cert Nat Sci)
Passed Senior Management courses in leadership, management and professional development.
(Sep 1982 to Jun 1985)
Sir Joseph Williamsons Mathematical School
9 'O' Level passes including Mathematics & English
- Find Project Managers with Quality Management skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Operational Management skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Business skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Planning skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Development skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Training Design skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Management Development skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Cost skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Design Management skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Professional skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Staff skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Change skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Process skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Processes skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Business Management skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Implementation skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Training skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Quality Control skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Quality skills in Addlestone.
- Find Project Managers with Staff Training skills in Addlestone.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Access (Microsoft)
- Complaint Handling
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Letter Writing
- Outlook (Microsoft)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Word (Microsoft)
- Administrator (Admin Support)
- Area Business Management (Business Management)
- Business Improvement Management (Business Management)
- Change Management (Strategic Management)
- Development & Implentation (Strategic Management - Change Management)
- Health Service Management (Business Management)
- Healthcare Development Management (Business Management)
- Improvement & Development (Business Management)
- Modernisation (Business Management)
- Personnel (HR)
- Strategic Development (Business Management)
- Workforce Planning (HR)
- Absence Management (Performance Management)
- Absence Records (HR Administration)
- Appointments (Recruitment)
- Career Development (Training & Development)
- Career Management (Training & Development)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Delivery (Training & Development - Training)
- Disciplinary Issues (Performance Management)
- Evaluation (Training & Development - Training)
- Grievance Procedures
- Induction Process (Recruitment)
- Induction Training (Training & Development)
- Interviewing (Recruitment)
- Leadership Development (Training & Development)
- Managerial Development (Training & Development)
- Methods (Training & Development - Training)
- Needs Analysis (Training & Development - Training)
- People Development (Training & Development)
- Policies & Procedures (HR Administration)
- Programme Design (Training & Development - Training)
- Team Building (Training & Development)
- Training (Training & Development)
- Business Planning (Business Consulting)
- General Management (Business Consulting)
- Project Management (Project Consultancy)
- Project Support (Project Consultancy)
- Risk Management