Freelance Network Engineer Manchester, UK
Well developed project management and IT skills combined with a flexible attitude to work.
Experienced Technical Support Specialist. Confident in delivery of wide range of technical projects.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£11.76 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£94.12 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Good reporting and work management skills. Well adaptable and quick to learn new skills.
I have ability to communicate effectively at all levels, Self starter with the ability to work under own initiative as well as with team.
I have ability to work under pressure and priorities effectively when dealing with conflicting demands.
I have comprehensive working experience in wide range of Networks, Desktop, Laptop, Server, printer installation, support and software development.
I have Knowledge of security practices and procedures, Contingency planning and Disaster recovery. Analyze and monitor network performance and resolving issues so that operational / system problems are resolved quickly and effectively. Ensure successful adherence to network SLA in regards to availability, network requests, and escalations.
(Jun 2012 to Aug 2012)
Cisco / Desktop EngineerUK
▪ Replacement of the Store layer 2 LAN with a layer 3 Cisco design.
▪ Configure VLANs on 2960-C, 2960-S & C3560 Cisco Switches
▪ Installation of Voucher Printers CMC6 with all main tills & SelfScan
▪ Configure all store tills & printers on Catalina PC
(Nov 2008 to Mar 2010)
IT Engineer, Web, Application SupportLondon/ Manchester
▪ Design & Installation of local area network in Manchester & London.
▪ Layout structured cabling for Data, Digital/Analogue IP Telephone, Projectors and IP CCTV
▪ Administration of Active Directory, Site & Services, Printer, Domain Group Policies.
▪ Administration of windows 2008, IIS7 web, Win FTP server.
▪ Maintain IP Network, LAN/WAN, Subnet, VLANs, Wireless, VPN Links
▪ Provide local and Remote Server/Desktop Hardware and Application Support.
▪ Windows & Security updates and new Application deployment through WSUS, GPO, login script.
▪ Cisco ASA 5505 firewall and application level web & software content filtering.
▪ Install & maintain Symantec backup recovery & Endpoint Security
▪ Biometric / Fingerprint Time & Attendance System deployment with SQL 2008 Express.
▪ Install & configure Citrix XenServer 5.6, XenCenter 5.6, XenDesktop 5.5 on test environment for students
▪ Setup Oracle VM Virtual Box 3.2.12 for student learning with XP, Linux, Ubuntu 10.4 iso
▪ Maintain and regular update College website.
▪ Maintain College Content Management System (Access and SQL database).
▪ Audit and manage databases to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
▪ Producing detail-level functional documentation and training SOP.
▪ Maintain documentation/diagram/SOP for network infrastructure and change management.
▪ Establish formal processes for the ongoing procurement and monitoring of all Software Licensing.
▪ Responsible for Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
▪ Monitor and report on System backups, disk growth, data access, performance and hardware failures.
▪ Conduct research and make recommendations on upcoming products, services.
(Oct 2004 to Sep 2008)
IT Engineer / ProgrammerManchester
▪ Administration and troubleshooting of Domain, Active Directory, Exchange 2003.
▪ Troubleshooting of Wireless & Cable network, Servers and Desktop & Laptop problems.
▪ Maintaining IIS6 web and FTP, SQL server for internal and external users / Clients
▪ Deployment of GFI LanGuard Security Scanner, WSUS application and update deployment
▪ Managing Ghost Imaging, Hard drive data recovery
▪ Maintain CRM service system, SAP Technical Boom List through Terminal Services
▪ Management of Netscreen25 Firewall Security Policies, Cisco Router, Nortel BCM PBX.
▪ Configuration and maintenance of Infrant ReadyNAS NV Server, print servers.
▪ Monitor and fine tune database performance, identify problems, resolve issues to enhance processing.
▪ Software deployment while keeping down time to a minimum.
▪ Maintain Client access web interface (XHTML, ASP/ VB/Java Script/ SQL databases) for RMA & repair reports.
▪ Maintains and updating the database systems (Foxpro, classic ASP, SQL)
▪ Re-design company’s Intranet web site. The site includes Technical Documents, SOPs, Repair references, Company Policies and Procedures, Productivity report.
▪ Software Compliance implementation and monitor Change Management, and business contingency.
▪ Collect and evaluating the IT purchases and provides recommendation.
▪ Manage internal Audits to ensure legal compliance for software licensing.
▪ Prioritization of solution delivery, escalating where and when necessary.
▪ Representing the Operations Director on a technical level in Board meetings.
- SMART Interactive Board Software Training (Sep 2011)
- CCNA Training April 09 (Comms Support, Manchester, UK)
- ISO/IEC 11801 Structured Cabling Cat5, Cat6 Course Feb 09 (Connectix, BrainTree UK)
- FAST Approved Software Auditor (FSSC-1:2007) Mar 08 (Leeds), Software Manager Dec 07 (Warrington)
(Sep 2011 to Sep 2012)
Manchester Metropolitan University
MSc in Network Technologies
( Integrated Management System, Oracle VM Virtual Box, Linux, C#, .NET, Fibre Optic and Sensor Systems )
Masters in Computer Sciences
- CRB - Basic Disclosure Scotland - 25/06/2012
- Full clean UK Driving License
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Network & Telephony Specialist: Networks & Telephony Specialist • Configures and maintains the network infrastructure components (e.g. routers, switches, circuits, monitoring tools, schemas, directories, UPS, VPN, wireless, printer resources, call centre telephony equipment) within an ITIL framework in order to maximise network uptime, stability, performance and security. • Proactively manages connectivity whilst minimising network downtime. Maintains the user directory infrastructure.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Database Development & Admin
- IT Management
- IT Support
- Operating Systems
- Routers & Firewalls
- Security Software/Systems
- Web Design & User Experience
- Web Development/Prog
- 3 Com (Routers & Firewalls)
- Adobe (Web Design & User Experience)
- Application Software Maintenance (IT Support)
- Asset Management (IT Management)
- Business Continuity
- Change Control (IT Management)
- Cisco Routers (Routers & Firewalls)
- Cisco Switches (Routers & Firewalls)
- Contract Management (IT Management)
- CSS (Web Development/Prog)
- DHCP (Networks)
- Disaster Planning (IT Support)
- DNS (Networks)
- DOS (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- DR-DOS (Operating Systems)
- Dreamweaver (Web Design & User Experience - Macromedia)
- EIGRP (Networks)
- Fast Ethernet (Networks)
- Firewall Configuration (IT Support)
- First Line Support (IT Support)
- FoxPro (Database Development & Admin)
- FrontPage (Web Design & User Experience - Microsoft)
- FTP (Networks)
- Gigabyte Ethernet (Networks)
- Hardware Asset Management (IT Support)
- Hardware Installation (IT Management)
- Hardware Maintenance (IT Support)
- Hardware Upgrades (IT Support)
- HP Openview (Routers & Firewalls)
- HTTPS (Security Software/Systems)
- IIS (Web Development/Prog)
- IPSec (Security Software/Systems)
- LAN (IT Support)
- LAN (Networks)
- Laptop and Notebook (IT Support)
- Linux (Operating Systems)
- Macromedia (Web Design & User Experience)
- Microsoft (Operating Systems)
- Microsoft (Web Design & User Experience)
- Mobiles and PDAs (IT Support)
- MS Access
- MySQL (Database Development & Admin)
- NetBIOS (Networks)
- Netview (Networks)
- Network Monitoring (IT Support)
- Novell NetWare (Operating Systems)
- On-site Support (IT Support)
- OSI (Networks)
- OSPF (Networks)
- PC Roll Outs (IT Support)
- Photoshop (Web Design & User Experience - Adobe)
- Red Hat (Operating Systems - Linux)
- Remote Support (IT Support)
- RIP (Networks)
- Second Line Support (IT Support)
- Server Monitoring (IT Support)
- Server Software Maintenance (IT Support)
- SLA Management (IT Management)
- Small Business (IT Support)
- SMTP (Networks)
- Software Asset Management (IT Support)
- Software Implementation (IT Management)
- Software Upgrades (IT Support)
- SSL (Security Software/Systems)
- Storage Area Network (Networks)
- Support by E-mail (IT Support)
- SUSE (Operating Systems - Linux)
- TCP/IP (Networks)
- Team Leadership (IT Management)
- TFTP (Networks)
- Third Line Support (IT Support)
- Ubuntu (Operating Systems - Linux)
- VOIP (Networks)
- WAN (IT Support)
- Web Design (Web Design & User Experience)
- Web Development (Web Development/Prog)
- Win32 (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows 2000 (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows 2003 (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows 9x (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows NT (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows Vista (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Windows XP (Operating Systems - Microsoft)
- Wireless (Networks)
- Wireless Network (IT Support)
- XHTML (Web Development/Prog)