Freelance Innovation & Commercial Manager London, Greater London, UK
Make it happen leader with strong commercial skill set gained across the UK, Japan & Europe including NPD, category management, customer marketing, change management & re-structuring trade investment
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£128.24 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£1025.88 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
• Led innovation projects, aligning Exec (in GB, Europe & Japan) behind strategy through to implementation across multiple channels & multiple functions & levels.
• Developed & implemented Diageo GB's Innovation culture of “Reflect, Support & Account” by refining input from across the 30 strong Innovation team.
• Led Diageo Japan in rapid development of it's Innovation & commercial functions, aligning the Exec and engaging cross functionally and multiple hierarchical levels.
• Led Diageo GB's new “Structured Trade Terms”, across both On & Off Trade channels, engaging across multiple levels including Exec, national account teams, marketing, and negotiating directly with customers.
• Launched five products (Guinness On Trade Surger, Guinness Northstar, Bulleit Bourbon, J&B -6°c, Gordon's Distiller's Cut) and tested (Baileys For Coffee, Guinness Off Trade Surger, Cashell’s Irish Cider) by developing business models, commercial strategies, pricing plans, customer propositions and field sales callage plans.
• Developed & researched my own business concept, produced & test marketed in 3 stores, following research, supply agreements and production testing.
• Developing & implementing Diageo GB's “New Structured Trade Terms”, setting the structure, rules and engagement strategy behind Diageo GB's £275m investment. Generate support for implementation, e.g. generic customer proposition, approval process, generic tools (trade spend conditions, allocation of trade spend, flow of investment), customer role plays, and face-to-face customer negotiations.
• Generate consistent pricing plans for new Innovations from RRSP through to NSV including promotional plans & funding for each Channel of trade.
French – high school; Japanese – 2 years of evening classes
(Jan 2008 to Mar 2010)
Commercial Project ManagerLONDON
Led the implementation of Diageo's new structured Terms for customers across ALL national accounts including the Multiple Grocers, Convenience Retailers, On Trade Retailers and Wholesalers.
Trained & developed over 100 National Account Managers in developing their understanding of their new terms, their strategies for implementation and their proposition.
Direct face to face negotiation with customers on new terms, saving the company in excess of £3m with those customers
(Jul 2007 to Dec 2007)
Transfered & built Innovation capability with local talent, leading to successful launches in market.
Aligned Exec behind Innovation objectives and ongoing Innovation performance through specific Innovation dashboard.
Led the Off Trade Customer Strategy for Japan, aligning Exec and Sales Teams behind new strategy
(Nov 2003 to Jul 2007)
Developed the business case for launching & testing 8 new products, gaining approval from the Exec.
Led the engagement with customer teams on new products and presented new products to customers including Multiple Grocers, Convenience Retailers, On Trade Retailers & Wholesalers.
Led the development of a successful Innovation culture.
(Nov 2001 to Nov 2003)
Customer Marketing Manager - Off TradeDiageo, LONDON
LEd the development of customer marketing activity across the Off Trade
(1998 to 2001)
Customer Marketing ManagerConv SCOTTISH & NEWCASTLE
External training: Glendinning Category Management, Gap Partnership Negotiation
Strategy & Complete Negotiator; Diageo training: change management; customer propositions; negotiating skills; marketing essentials; advanced marketing; innovation concept development & screening; innovation commercialization; coaching; facilitation; leadership & development; train the trainer - running Diageo courses to over 150 colleagues on selling, Negotiating and Innovation Commercialisation.
IT Skills: Expert in MS Excel (formula, macros, pivot tables etc), PowerPoint, Word, Access & Outlook
( to 1995)
University of Glasgow
Management Studies 2:1 MA (Soc Sci)
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- strategic management expert: Strategic Management experts experienced in managing corporate reputation are required to deliver three (3) cohorts of 7-day seminars in Central London for delegates from Africa.
- Have you got what it takes to help entrepreneurs realise their business dreams? Would you like an opportunity to be part of a team supporting entrepreneurs in business? Would you like to join us helping people decide if they have the personality profile to run their own business, decide what business they can run, give them the tools to start and run the business and remove the loneliness of being an entrepreneur?
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Business Plan Creation (Marketing Consulting)
- Large Company - UK
- Marketing Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- New Product Launch (Marketing Consulting)
- Profit Improvement
- Sales Development (Marketing Consulting)
- Sales Force Management (Business Consulting)
- Below The Line
- Exhibitions & Conferences (Marketing)
- Internal Communications
- New Product Development (Product Management)
- New Product Release (Product Management)
- Point of Sale Material
- Strategy Development
- Account Management (Account/Client Management)
- Account Planning (Account/Client Management)
- Client Management (Account/Client Management)
- Market Analysis (Sales Management/Strategy)
- Market Orientated Strategy (Sales Management/Strategy)
- Product Sales