Freelance Problem solver, researcher, excel data specialist Tring, Hertfordshire, UK
I'm a multi-skilled problem solver with nearly a decade of academic research experience, exceptional computer skills, fluent French and a wide variety of other arcane specialisms.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£27.06 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£216.47 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
21 March 2011: This is the second time I have used Dan to complete a project and he never fails to impress and surpass my expectations. Dan’s key skill is his ability to present complicated scientific theories in a succinct manner, allowing me to get the information and insight I need to continue with my project. Reliable and fast worker I will always use Dan as my first point of contact for any scientific projects.
05 January 2011: Dan's work was better than expected. He was also extremely professional and a pleasure to work with.
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I solve problems. Having to use brute force frustrates me: there is always a quicker and more elegant solution to a problem. Finding it is my job. Solving your problems elegantly and quickly saves you time and money.
I also communicate. I write clearly, elegantly and accurately. I inform and entertain.
I have excellent computer skills. MS Office as standard, with fluency in LaTeX and competence in Matlab, LabVIEW and Inkscape for document design and layout, graphical design and data crunching.
I have been part of the Chemistry department of Cambridge University for almost a decade, and am currently submitting my PhD thesis. I have copious experience in scientific writing, having published several papers in peer-reviewed journals, and written reports on my work for audiences on three continents.
My writing experience extends beyond the scientific world: I have had several magazine articles published over the years, largely on topics relating to Christian theology and the cultures of sub-Saharan Africa.
I also have a fluent command of French, and am particularly proficient at translating from French to English. I also know Koine Greek and can greet you in any one of several Bantu languages.
(Sep 2004 to Sep 2010)
University of Cambridge
Chemistry PhD (specialisation in microfluidics, surfactant synthesis and modelling solvent interactions). Spearheaded the establishment of the Cambridge Microdroplets group.
(Sep 2000 to Jun 2004)
University of Cambridge
Natural Sciences BA MSci Class I (Chemistry specialisation)
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Tax specialist: We are a software house that writes tax compliance software. We require someone with in-depth tax knowledge to be able to articulate the UK tax code as flow charts ready for incorporation into our software.
- Produce a comprehensive guide: I now have some work to produce a comprehensive guide to investor relations, I ahev the source material but I need to localise and re write it. The whole document will be 5000 words max
- Excel Programming: Excel Programming
- Statistical Designer: Statistical designer required to generate graphs from original research data and layout presentation document. Must have both statistical and research presentation experience. Please apply for information to Alexis Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copy typist: Copy typist required to type up notes. Further ad-hoc administration work may be required. Home working possible, but ideally close to North London.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Data Entry
- Office Management
- Personal Assistant
- Word Processing
- Analytical Chemistry (Research)
- Analytical Spectroscopy (Research)
- Biological Sciences (Research)
- Chemistry (Research - Clinical)
- Clinical (Research)
- Diagnostics (Research - Clinical)
- French (Languages)
- Laboratory Work (Research)
- LC-MS (Research)
- Research (Research)
- Research (Research - Clinical)
- Science (Further Education)
- Separation Chemistry (Research)
- Academic (Writing)
- Page & Book Layout
- Proof Reading (Editing)
- Science & Technology (Specialism)