Freelance Part II Architectural Assistant London, Greater London, UK
I am an enthusiastic, friendly and driven individual with good communication skills. What I may lack in experience I make up for with my determination to learn.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£8.24 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£65.88 per day (ex. VAT)|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Having completed a year’s placement within an architecture firm in London, I have gained valuable experience to help me with my architectural education. I can work well as part of a team, and on my own as I have been challenged with both situations during my time at Assael architecture. I am confident in my ability to communicate with people at various levels, and to use this skill positively.
Working in the retail industry for Time Computers Ltd provided me the opportunity to develop an understanding of what is required to meet and exceed consumers requirements. These skills were invaluable during my time with Assael Architecture and were further developed during this period.
My time at Energie fitness club was also positive, giving me the opportunity to meet targets and aid in the running of a successful business. My experience here allowed me to understand the importance of meeting targets as well as balancing this alongside meeting the members’ needs and desires.
(Jun 2009 to Sep 2009)
Membership ConsultantFulham, London
This is a family owned fitness club in London. I was a member here before joining the team so was able to experience both sides of running a successful club. The requirements of the member were already known to me; however the perspective of the membership consultant was what I learnt at Energie. My experience here allowed me to understand the importance of meeting targets in this environment, as well as balancing this alongside meeting the members’ needs and desires.
(Aug 2007 to Sep 2008)
Part 1 Architectural AssistantFulham, London
My time at this practice was largely based around onsite experience, working on a large residential development for Barratt Homes West London that had already begun construction by the time I started. My experience with this project ranged from site visits to production drawings/schedules, details and planning packages.
With this experience I began to understand how buildings are put together, and formulate an idea of what is architecturally possible with different materials. Preparing details also gave me the opportunity to begin to learn how spaces are influenced by finishes and arrangements of a material buildup.
After attending monthly design team meetings I also began to understand the role an architect plays during the construction phase of a project. It was at this practice that the importance of team work, within a practice and beyond, became apparent to me.
(Jun 2006 to Sep 2006)
My experience here gave me the opportunity to interact with many areas of practical architecture, as up until this moment I had only exposed myself to university based projects. In addition to learning how to draw comprehensively using industry standard conventions I was able to gain experience in client interaction, meeting their needs through design and the planning permission and building control processes.
(Aug 2003 to Feb 2003)
Sales Executive/Assistant ManagerTime Computers Ltd, Purley Way, Croydon, Greater London
Beginning as a Sales Executive in this company for five months before moving up to an Assistant Manager role gave me the opportunity to learn how to communicate and meet consumer needs on various levels.
(Sep 2008 to Jun 2010)
University of Portsmouth
Post Graduate Diploma in Architecture
(Sep 2004 to Jun 2007)
University of Portsmouth
Bachelor of Arts in Architecture (with honours)
I took some time to experience the world. I went to India for 6 months and participated in teaching exhiled Tibetans, both monks and lay people, how to read, speak and write the English Language.
During my time away I had the opportunity to travel, where I was able to see much of northern India. During this time I was also fortunate to meet and be blessed by His Holiness The 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso.
This experience taught me of life’s challenges and helped me build confidence in myself.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- AutoCad: I need someone with AutoCad to alter some building plans. -We can supply our existing .dwg file for our building -Supply the desired alterations by hand (email - jpg) -We will also need an elevation view and possibly a 3d model view. The building is a medium sized two floor listed building in Cheltenham, i will supply all measurements. Please apply for more details.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Assistant Architect (Construction - Architecture - Job Role)
- AutoCAD (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- AutoCAD LT (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- BSC or Equivalent (Construction - Architecture - Education Level)
- CAD Technician (Construction - Architecture - Job Role)
- Degree Qualified (Construction - Architecture - Education Level)
- Education Level (Construction - Architecture)
- English (Construction - Architecture - Languages)
- Excel (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills - Microsoft)
- Google SketchUp (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- Hindi (Construction - Architecture - Languages)
- Languages (Construction - Architecture)
- Microsoft (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- Paper to CAD Conversion (Construction - Architecture - Experience)
- Punjabi (Construction - Architecture - Languages)
- Residential Multi-storey (Construction - Architecture - Experience)
- Social Housing (Construction - Architecture - Experience)
- Software Skills (Construction - Architecture)
- Trainee (Construction - Architecture - Job Role)
- VectorWorks (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- Word (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills - Microsoft)