Freelance Marketing, PR and Communication Specialist Manchester, UK
An excellent communicator and all round marketeer who gets to the heart of the project quickly, ensuring total value for money.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£52.94 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£423.53 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Senior management experience in both the public and private sectors. Highly skilled, yet adaptable and tenatious with a wide experience across many sectors. It's like having your own marketing and PR department without all the hassle.
(Sep 2009 to Dec 2010)
Interim communications managerBradford
As Communications Manager for the Personalisation Programme, within Adult Social Services, I was wholly responsible for communicating the transformational change to internal staff at all levels within the organisation, stakeholders and partners within the district and to the citizens of Bradford.
This was a time limited project governed by both funding requirements and achieving stringent national targets. It was met with resistance internally and communication was vital for inclusion and motivation in order that strategic management achieved their objectives.
The audience was vulnerable adults and the external communications needed to be creative, whilst connecting with the public.
As a short term interim position, learning was on the job and fast and I had to make an immediate impact.
(Aug 2008 to Oct 2010)
PR and media consultant to this enterprising sport charity. The assignment covered launch of a new urban style race, attracting sponsorship and ensuring optimum PR coverage.
In addition we provided PR support for the Personal Best programme (a pre volunteering scheme for the 2012 olympics) including organising an award ceremony with Lord Coe
(Jun 2009 to Sep 2009)
Internal communications Officer - interimSandbach
This newly established local authority needed to reform it's internal communications structure. My involvement was to produce adraft communications strategy, implement new internal communications mechanisms to be in place for a newly recruited permanant team.
(Aug 2008 to Feb 2009)
I worked with GMCC to redesign and implement a new website and branding for the organisation and associated group of companies. Aswell as the deisgn and production liaison, I was responsible for implementing staff training for the new website and awareness of the new brand and how it should be utilised.
(Feb 2008 to Apr 2008)
Assistant Marketing DirectorManchester
This was a time limited project working with British Swimming to deliver the FINA World Swimming Championships in Manchester in 2008. I was responsible for all venue branding, sponsor liaison and marketing to boost ticket sales and revenue.
During event time i was a ceremony co-ordinator and looked after VIP's.
(Jun 2004 to Feb 2008)
Head of Marketing & CommunicationsManchester
As Head of Marketing and Communications at this leading urban regeneration company I was responsible for all Marketing, Communications and Press Relations in order to progress the regeneration strategy for New East Manchester and promote the area as a place of choice in which to live, work, play and invest.
As part of the senior management team I hosted high level government and overseas visits and tours to the area and regularly contributed at board level with reports and presentations.
As well as the communications strategy I was instrumental in the composition of the overall organisational strategy and widespread public consultation with businesses and residents.
(Nov 2000 to Jun 2004)
Assistant City Centre ManagerManchester City Centre Management Co, Manchester
This was an ‘all-round’ senior position challenging not only my marketing and communications skills but general business and finance acumen. As Assistant City Centre Manager my areas of responsibilities included;
Commercial – the continued development of commercial relationships with major stakeholders in the city centre of Manchester, including major retailers and landowners. This included encouraging their financial contribution to city centre initiatives.
Operational – to oversee the day to day management of the street scene within the city centre including cleansing, event management, and legal operations. This included events during the Commonwealth Games, UEFA cup final and the Manchester United European homecoming.
Promotional – to promote the city centre of Manchester as the leading destination in the North West for retail, leisure and entertainment. Including the award winning ‘This is Manchester’ campaign, the city’s first TV advert, the introduction of seasonal markets, the big wheel and installation of the first city centre screen.
(Nov 1998 to Nov 2000)
Bright & Clean ManagerManchester City Council, Manchester
Bright and Clean Campaign Manager - This was a time limited marketing role to help prepare the city environmentally for the Commonwealth Games. The role included introducing an external marketing campaign to change the image of the city and create community pride and ownership, whilst at the same time promoting internal communications to a level that would improve interdepartmental working throughout the full breadth of city council departments. The campaign won a number of environmental awards under my stewardship.
(1997 to 1998)
Office ManagerLeerose Security Ltd
For this newly formed CCTV installation company. My main role was to develop company procedures including attaining ISO9000 for quality control, company accounts, purchasing and also customer liaison with our major clients.
(1996 to 1997)DM Electronics, Swinton
Various duties in the Customer Service department of this pioneering CCTV equipment manufacturer including technical support and sales.
CIM Marketing Diploma (1990)
BA (Hons) Business Studies - 2:1 (1990)
(Oct 1985 to Jun 1990)
BA (hons) Business Studies 2:1
HND Business Studies - Distinction
(Sep 1983 to Jun 1985)
3 'A' Levels
(Sep 1978 to Jun 1983)
St Gregorys RC High School
8 'O' Levels
1994 – 1996
Marks and Spencer Plc., Manchester – a part time position within the Personnel Department overseeing staff reorganisations following disruption caused by the Manchester bomb.
1990 - 1994
Racal Electronics (Chubb Fire Division), Sunbury – commencing employment as a graduate trainee I quickly progressed to Marketing Assistant for the trade division and then to Divisional Marketing Manager. My responsibilities included a full range of marketing and trade sales promotional activity, including export and product development.
1988 - 1990
White Rose Conferences, Sheffield – Conference and event organisation.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Sub-editor: Sub editor required for Worcestershire-based publishing company. Will be working on a well-known monthly consumer home interest magazine with an emphasis on home improvement. Full time, permanent, office-based role reporting to the Chief Sub Editor. Please apply for more details, including full CV.
- Researcher: A day's research and preparation to outline a social media marketing strategy for a Barristers chambers which includes evaluating use and practicality of apps liek Twitter and Facebook for PR purposes plus the use of podcasting as a marketing tool to disseminate training and information on specialist topics.
- Fund Raiser: Fund raiser to find grant/funding to cover cost for the development of an innovative education pack. Please apply for more details.
- Freelance writer: Freelance writers required for a variety of assignments producing 10-20 articles per month. We are looking to form a small team of 5 regular writers to produce online news, articles and blog posts. Ideally candidates would have experience of writing for the energy sector. Essential requirement is to use your creative skills to independently develop 5 original pieces of 3-500 words each based on one keyword per weekly.
- Business Marketing Consultant : We require a freelance business marketing consultant to assist us with our fast growing business. Required to work in our office in Cardiff 1-2 days a month with fresh, inovative ideas and provide focus and direction for marketing strategies in line with our business growth plans. Please apply for more details.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Advertising Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Business Plan Creation (Business Consulting)
- Business Plan Creation (Marketing Consulting)
- Business Planning (Business Consulting)
- Communication All Levels (Project Consultancy)
- Communications Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Competitive Analysis
- Customer Care (Business Consulting)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Interim Marketing Director (Marketing Consulting)
- Marketing Management (Marketing Consulting)
- Marketing Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Media (Project Consultancy)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- PR Strategy (Marketing Consulting)
- Procurement/Purchasing (Business Consulting)
- Project Management (Project Consultancy)
- Public Sector (Project Consultancy)
- SME (Project Consultancy)
- SME Sector
- Social Care (Project Consultancy)
- Word (Microsoft)
- 123 (Lotus)
- Annual Reports (Public Relations - Publications)
- Annual Reports (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Brand Management (Public Relations - Corporate Communications)
- Briefings (Events)
- Case Studies (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Charity/Not for Profit (Marketing)
- Conferences (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Conferences (Events)
- Consultancy (Public Relations)
- Contingency Implementation (Public Relations - Crisis Management)
- Contingency Planning (Public Relations - Crisis Management)
- Copywriting (Public Relations - Newsletters/In-house Journals)
- Copywriting (Public Relations - Publications)
- Copywriting (Public Relations)
- Corporate Communications (Public Relations)
- Crisis Management (Public Relations)
- Customer Magazines (Public Relations - Publications)
- Database Management (Marketing)
- Database Segmentation
- Editorial Planning (Public Relations - Newsletters/In-house Journals)
- Editorial Supplements (Public Relations - Publications)
- Event Management (Charity Fundraising)
- Event Management (Public Relations)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Exhibitions (Events)
- Exhibitions & Conferences (Marketing)
- External Communications
- Feature Negotiation (Public Relations - Media Relations)
- Feature Placement (Public Relations - Media Relations)
- Features (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Internal Communications (Public Relations)
- Internal Communications
- Local Government Lobbying (Public Relations - Public Affairs)
- Media Relations (Public Relations)
- Newsletters/In-house Journals (Public Relations)
- Notes (Lotus)
- Outlook (Microsoft)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- PR Fulfilment (Public Relations)
- PR Measurement (Public Relations)
- PR Strategy Development (Public Relations - Consultancy)
- PR Strategy Implementation (Public Relations - Consultancy)
- Presentation Preparation
- Press Conferences (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Press Conferences (Events)
- Press Enquiries (Public Relations - Media Relations)
- Press Releases (Public Relations - Media Relations)
- Press Releases (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Product Launches (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Production Liaison (Public Relations - Newsletters/In-house Journals)
- Proof Reading
- Public Affairs (Public Relations)
- Publications (Public Relations)
- Publicity Material (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Reputation Management (Public Relations - Public Affairs)
- Reputation Management (Public Relations - Corporate Communications)
- Retention Marketing (Marketing)
- Seminars (Public Relations - Event Management)
- Seminars (Events)
- Speeches (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Staff Communications (Public Relations - Internal Communications)
- Stakeholder Relations (Public Relations - Corporate Communications)
- Strategy Development
- Survey Reports (Public Relations - Copywriting)
- Word (Microsoft)