Freelance Designer / Design Manager Twickenham, Middlesex, UK
I am a designer, typographer, brand consultant, publications editor and
project manager with 15 years’ experience in the publishing industry. I have a strong background in newspapers and magazines.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£47.06 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£376.47 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
15 January 2012: Keir did a great job - would happily use again
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
> MS Office
> Commissioning designers/writers
> Project planning/budgeting
> Image sourcing/illustration
> Digital origination
> Document flow/flat-plans
> Page layouts
> Colour schemes/style guide
> Branding/logo design
(2010 & ongoing)
Head of Creative
A UK-based media company providing a sponsored communication channel to
hospitals. I write and design message campaigns which are distributed via plasma
screens on-site for clients such as Moorfields Eye Hospital and University College
London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
(2010 & ongoing)
A healthcare-specialist design agency. I gather briefs and project-manage
design and print projects for a number of NHS Trusts and the wider healthcare
community, from business cards, forms and patient information leaflets to annual
reports, certificates, and large-format signage and exhibition materials.
(2008 to 2010)
The UK’s largest NHS Trust. I had sole responsibility for designing (40%) and commissioning/project-managing (60%) all internal and external communications including printed materials, graphics for the website and advertising for the national press. The projects I enjoyed most were the staff newspaper, patient magazines and the prestigious Annual Report, for which the Trust received an award nomination. I was made redundant in October 2010 as a result of Cameron’s funding cuts.
(2006 to 2008)
An independent B2B publishing house, specialising in wireless technologies. I designed the full roster of magazines, art-directing each issue, sourcing images, laying out pages, performing pre-press checks, proofing and digital delivery to the printer. I left after two years for the more challenging role at the NHS.
(2004 to 2006)
An independent music/lifestyle magazine. I compiled, wrote, edited and designed
this fortnightly mag, overseeing the whole publication process.
(2002 to 2004)
Special Publications EditorSurrey and Berkshire Newspapers
A prestigious regional publishing house. I was sub-editor on the award-winning Reading Evening Post and three property newspapers. I was also editor of the newspaper Reading Central (circulation 150,000). I arranged and sourced content, sub-edited and wrote copy and designed every 40-to-70-page edition on a weekly basis.
(2001 to 2002)
DesignerThe Folding Company
An innovative furniture design company. I transferred 2D designs on paper into SolidWorks, a 3D CAD system, and designed stationery, marketing materials and the company’s website.
( 1999 to 2000)
London College of Printing
Cambridge University Degree in Desktop Publishing & Journalism
( 1998 to 1999)
Twickenham Technology Centre
NVQ Levels 1, 2 and 3 in
( 1994 to 1996)
North Devon College
BTEC National Diploma in Information Technology
( 1991 to 1993)
> A-levels: Maths, English, Computer Studies
( 1986 to 1991)
> GCSEs: Maths, English, Computer Studies, Literature, French, Geography, Design, Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
- Find Project Managers with Information Technology skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Project skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with B2B skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Illustrator skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Advertising skills in Twickenham.
- Find Project Managers with Design skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Design Director skills in Twickenham.
- Find Project Managers with Design Director skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Music skills in Twickenham.
- Find Project Managers with Photoshop skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Photoshop skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Project Manager skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Graphic Design skills in Twickenham.
- Find Project Managers with Wireless skills in Twickenham.
- Find Project Managers with French skills in Twickenham.
- Find Project Managers with Communications skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Communications skills in Twickenham.
- Find Project Managers with Design Manager skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Design Manager skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Materials skills in Twickenham.
- Find Project Managers with Materials skills in Twickenham.
- Find Project Managers with Technology skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Technology skills in Twickenham.
- Find Designers with Printing skills in Twickenham.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Freelance creative director / senior designer: We are a St Albans based agency looking for a freelance creative director/senior designer with retail experience to help us with existing client work and new business development. This is an ongoing requirement and it is our desire to build a rapport with someone who will work with us on projects as they arise. Hence no end date!
- Graphic Design / Usability: A graphic designer to provide a written report forming the basis for improvement of the visual aspects of our website. This involves exploring the site and identifying improvements to its layout, use of colour, typography, graphics, and all other aspects relating to graphic design. The assessment to be between 1 to 3 pages of printed A4.
- Product designer / copywriter: Online retailer of electrical health, fitness and beauty products is looking for a designer who can add products to our website on an ad-hoc basis. Following a successful first 18 months we are looking to expand our product range. Adding products is done in our content management system - the main part of which involves pasting in a block of HTML for the product description and copy.
- Sub-editor: Sub editor required for Worcestershire-based publishing company. Will be working on a well-known monthly consumer home interest magazine with an emphasis on home improvement. Full time, permanent, office-based role reporting to the Chief Sub Editor. Please apply for more details, including full CV.
- Graphic Designer: Our client is looking for a freelance Graphic Designer to create education documents including; Posters, brochures, prospectuses and other marketing collateral. There is one project to start with and if all goes well an opportunity for on-going ad hoc work is available. Work can be done remotely and they would ideally like someone to start right away.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Acrobat (Adobe)
- Advertising & PR (Specialism)
- Annual Reports
- Banner Advertisements (Design)
- Billboards/Signs (Design)
- Books/Videos/CD's (Design)
- Bryce 3-D
- Business to Business (Journalism - Magazines)
- Business to Business (Writing)
- Business to Consumer (Writing)
- Childrens Books (Illustration)
- Commercial Design (Design)
- Commissioning (Journalism)
- Commissioning (Editing)
- Computing (Specialism)
- Consumer (Journalism - Magazines)
- Contract/Customer (Journalism - Magazines)
- Copywriting (Writing)
- Creative Writing (Writing)
- Cubase VST
- CVs (Writing)
- Editorial Management (Editing)
- Electronics (Writing)
- Entertainment (Specialism)
- Fantasy/Sci-Fiction (Illustration)
- Film & Broadcasting (Specialism)
- Graphic Design
- Greetings Cards (Illustration)
- Illustrator (Adobe)
- InDesign (Adobe)
- IT & Internet (Writing)
- IT & Internet (Specialism)
- Kai's Powertools
- Local Daily (Journalism - Newspapers)
- Local Free (Journalism - Newspapers)
- Local Weekly (Journalism - Newspapers)
- Magazine Editing (Editing)
- Magazines (Journalism)
- Management (Journalism)
- Marketing Copy (Writing)
- Media & Publishing (Specialism)
- Medical/Anatomical (Illustration)
- Men’s Lifestyle (Specialism)
- Motorbike (Specialism)
- Music (Specialism)
- National Daily (Journalism - Newspapers)
- National Weekly (Journalism - Newspapers)
- Newsletters (Writing)
- Newspaper Editing (Editing)
- Newspaper Supplement (Journalism - Magazines)
- Newspapers (Journalism)
- Office Suite (Microsoft)
- Page & Book Layout
- Parenting (Specialism)
- Photography (Specialism)
- Photoshop (Adobe)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Pre-Press Management (Printing)
- Press Releases (Writing)
- Production Management (Printing)
- Promotional Material
- Proof Reading (Editing)
- Proposals/RFPs (Writing)
- Publisher (Microsoft)
- Regional Daily (Journalism - Newspapers)
- Regional Free (Journalism - Newspapers)
- Regional Weekly (Journalism - Newspapers)
- Retail (Specialism)
- Science & Technology (Specialism)
- Sub-editing (Editing)
- Television (Specialism)
- Web Sites
- Website Editing (Editing)