Freelance Voluntary Sector Fundraiser and Consultant Farnham, Surrey, UK
An experienced CEO and fundraiser with a track record leading strategic operations in the charitable and not-for-profit sector.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£42.35 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£338.82 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
An experienced CEO with a track record leading strategic operations in the charitable and not-for-profit sector. Areas of expertise include: raising the profile of charitable organisations through effective marketing, public relations, lobbying and fundraising strategies; well-developed business acumen covering HR, finance, project management and client development; providing leadership and direction to teams of up to 16 people; and aligning commercial practices to the organisation’s ideological objectives.
Has worked as a CEO for Experts in Healthcare (a start-up web retailer), the Blood Pressure Association and Action on Pre-eclampsia. Has also had senior communications, public affairs and fundraising roles at a number of other national organisations.
Has worked as a consultant previously in the not for profit and media industry.
Some Career Highlights:
*In 2008 the government introduced a cardiovascular health check to adults aged 40 to 74. As CEO of the Blood Pressure Association, devised a community outreach programme in recognition of the scheme’s potential failure to account for those who did not access the GP system. Purchased mobile screening units; recruited and trained nurses; and secured a successful trial with an East London PCT. The scheme was successfully established within 6 months and taken up by a further 10 PCT’s. Subsequent empirical data proved the scheme reached its desired audience and diagnosed a number of life-threatening conditions in time for treatment.
*The diagnosis and treatment of pre-eclampsia throughout the UK was not uniform, leading to a high number of avoidable deaths amongst mothers and infants. As CEO of Action On Pre-eclampsia secured funding from GSK and mobilsed the medical community to produce a recognised set of guidelines. Established ‘Guidelines Group’ of leading physicians; developed risk and process document; established midwives responsibilities; and produced evidence package including relevant reference papers. Successfully produced a guidelines document - securing publication in the British Medical Journal - which demonstrably changed the way UK maternity units function.
*The Kid’s Club Network required a high profile and long-term sponsor in order to achieve its organisational objectives. As Head of Public Affairs, responsible for all fundraising activities, undertook the search for a corporate sponsor; identified Nestlé as a potential partner; engaged with Nestlé’s PR company; and developed sponsorship ideas with Nestlé’s UK Chairman. Successfully developed 2 attractive sponsorship programmes - ‘Music in After Schools Clubs’ and ‘The Sports & Tennis Programme’ supported by the LTA and endorsed by Greg Rusedski - to secure a partnership that has grown since 1997 and still exists today.
Advanced Certificate in Voluntary Sector Management, University of London (2000)
BA (Hons) Politics and Social Administration, Loughborough University
(Oct 2010 & ongoing)
CEO of a start-up healthcare company selling essential equipment such as blood pressure monitors to the general public. The first site www.expertsinbloodpressure.co.uk has been launched with more to follow focusing on anti-allergy and bed wetting. I am responsible for the management and development of the organisation.
(Feb 2008 to Sep 2010)
CEO of the countries biggest blood pressure charity and the winner of the Charity of the Year in the health category in 2008. I was responsible for the overall management of the organisation and was especially hands on with regard to income generation.
(Nov 2001 to Jan 2008)
Chief Executive of a medium sized maternity charity dealing with the issue of pre-eclampsia. Overall responsibility for the management and development of the organisation. Undertook a full re-branding exercise.
(Jan 2000 to Dec 2000)
Cass Business School, University of London
Voluntary Sector Management Qualification as part of VOLPROF
(Oct 1984 to Jul 1987)
BA (Hons) Politics and Social Administration
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Bid Writer: Training provider in the health sector seeks experienced bid writer to produce tender for lottery funding.
- Transcribing: The Inside Edge is a market research company. We shall shortly have the need for transcribing of interviews. There will be between 20 and 30 interviews, available either on an audio file or a video file. Each interview will involve at least 2, sometimes 3, people. Most interviews will last approx. 2 hours Importantly we do not need meticulously perfect transcriptions, ie not all grammar and punctuation.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Access (Microsoft)
- Excel (Microsoft)
- Outlook (Microsoft)
- PowerPoint (Microsoft)
- Publisher (Microsoft)
- Word (Microsoft)
- Health Promotion & Improvement (Communications & Corporate Affairs)
- Local Government Liaison (Communications & Corporate Affairs - Public Affairs)
- National Government Liaison (Communications & Corporate Affairs - Public Affairs)
- Patient & Community Liaison (Communications & Corporate Affairs)
- Public Affairs (Communications & Corporate Affairs)
- Public Relations (Communications & Corporate Affairs)
- Evaluation (Charity & Not-for-profit - Service development)
- Monitoring (Charity & Not-for-profit - Service development)
- Service development (Charity & Not-for-profit)
- Charity/Not for Profit (Marketing)
- Corporate (Charity Fundraising - Donor Care)
- Creative Consultant
- Donor Care (Charity Fundraising)
- e-Marketing (Marketing)
- Event Management (Charity Fundraising)
- External Communications
- Individual (Charity Fundraising - Donor Care)
- Media Relations (Public Relations)
- Presentation Delivery
- Presentation Preparation
- Press Enquiries (Public Relations - Media Relations)
- Press Releases (Public Relations - Media Relations)
- Strategy Development
- Trust (Charity Fundraising - Donor Care)