Freelance Highly Experienced HR Professional Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, UK
A highly motivated, adaptable and flexible HR professional with Chartered MCIPD and a “can do approach”. Very passionate about developing people and coaching managers.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£58.82 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£470.59 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Solid HR experience (20 + years) that includes all operational and strategic management, including process improvements, employee development, business operations, resourcing and performance management. Effective people manager recognised by Senior management and Directors, for improving staff morale and resolving complex employee issues.
Strong team leader, and change agent for delivering operational employee-oriented programmes, overseeing multi-discipline groups and completing long-term projects in time-sensitive settings. Consistently met project deadlines and exceeded client expectations, recovered significant cost savings.
Experience in the following industries: Private Sector (high technology, financial services, construction, retail) Not for Profit and Public Sector experience with SC clearance until 2014.
EMPLOYMENT & ACHIEVEMENTS
FOREIGN OFFICE ● 2009 – 2010 (13 MONTHS)
HR Consultant (Interim)
Responsible for a wide range of duties, including vetting, translation, logistics and related services, for this central government organisation. Generate and explicate detailed work force planning data for top management. Deploy expertise in coaching and training junior staff in various employee relations issues.
• Managed restructuring programmes and exit strategies in logistics.
• Talent management and advising on performance management
• Business planning
• Delivered training workshops
WHITTARD TRADING LTD., WITNEY, OXFORDSHIRE ● 2009 (3 MONTHS)
An international retailer of specialty tea, coffee and related gifts to a global client base. 3
HR/Projects Manager (Interim)
Project-led the creation of inclusive Employee Handbook updates in support of all Whittard 80 store managers. Participated in Middle Manager Assessment centres.
• Personally researched and produced 2 separate Employee Handbooks, along with updating the company’s suite of policies and procedures.
• Organised and facilitated assessment centres for senior level recruitment.
OXFORD CITY COUNCIL, OXFORD, UK ● 2009 (6 MONTHS)
HR Business Partner (Interim)
Closely worked with Heads of Service in areas, such as Finance, Property Management, Legal and Environmental Development. Utilised solid expertise in complex employee relations, restructures, redundancy facilitation and collective/individual consultations.
• Successfully navigated exit strategies for 2 high-attention individuals through dignified processes.
• Worked with unions during complex negotiations for large restructuring programme
• Managed grievance and disciplinary situations to successfully mutual conclusion
• Chair of various recruitment panels in Finance and Property Management
WASTE RESOURCE ACTION PROGRAMME, BANBURY, OXFORDSHIRE ● 2008 – 2009
A non-profit government agency that provides waste management, recycling and resource allocation services with 200 employees.
HR Projects Manager (Interim)
Deployed to oversee the reward strategy and research flex-work programme opportunities through extensive use of focus groups, surveys and interaction with top directors.
• Decreased operating costs by £3,000 per annum by acquiring a new Employee Assistance provider.
• Authored a comprehensive Employee Handbook, along with policies, procedures and competency frameworks.
LEADBITTER, ABINGDON, OXFORDSHIRE ● 2007 – 2008
A £300 million construction company with 7 regional offices and 500 employees.
Group HR Manager (Interim)
Managed 7 HR advisors in all personnel duties, as well as handling complex employee relations, talent management and exit facilitation strategies.
• Designed and implemented a new recruitment strategy that reduced costs by £10,000.
• Established the role of HR Advisor in each regional office; also coached Directors in resolving employee issues.
SHAWGIBBS LLP, OXFORD, UK ● 2006 – 2007
An accounting and financial services entity with 200 employees.
HR Manager (Interim)
Instrumental in facilitating the successful merger and integration of Shaw and Co. and Edmund Gibbs in a timely fashion. Provided detailed advice to the Executive Board.
• Efficiently negotiated variation of contracts for 30 employees, along with TUPE transfers; also recruited a qualified Office Facilities Manager for a crucial role.
CRITCHLEYS, OXFORD, UK ● 2004 – 2006
A regional chartered accountancy and business advisory firm with 130 employees.
HR Manager (Permanent)
As a member of the Senior Management team, effectively performed the dual roles of HR Manager and Office Support Manager, appointed to set up the Company’s first HR department. Led a group of 25 direct reports, established and maintained all operating procedures and regulatory compliance.
• Personally coached and mentored top management in strategic planning, risk analysis and change management, including office closures and operational streamlining; inculcated a performance management culture.
• Recruited and deployed a new layer of senior management in the Tax, Accounts and Audit areas; also introduced and updated various psychometric assessment techniques to support succession planning.
SIEMENS MAGNET TECHNOLOGY, OXFORD, UK ● 1991 – 2004
A high-tech manufacturer of MRI body scanners with 800 employees and a global client base.
Personnel Officer (progressive promotion) to HR Business Partner
Managed all aspects of HR functions, including benefit administration, salary review, regulatory compliance and learning & development, for the 400-employee non-manufacturing element. Formed and led a team of 2 HR advisors, 2 HR coordinators, personal assistant and 2 receptionists. Partnered Directors to help drive change throughout the organisation.
• Saved over £100,000 annually in long-term absence costs with a new absence-management programme that also reduced sickness absence from 6% to 3%, in only 1 year.
• Coordinated high-volume and diversity recruitment campaigns that achieved higher production target, filling up to 100 vacant positions at a time.
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- HR Consultant: We are are growing wine importer who would like the assistance of a HR consultant to assist us in the following; - Performance management and improvement tracking system - Employee orientation, development, and training logistics and recordkeeping - Assisting with employee relations - Company employee communication - Compensation and benefits administration and recordkeeping - Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health reporting - Employee services
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Corporate/HR Strategy
- Employee Pay/Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Employment Law
- HR Administration
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- Training & Development
- Absence Management (Performance Management)
- Absence Records (HR Administration)
- Agency Management (Recruitment)
- Annual Leave (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Appointments (Recruitment)
- Appraisal Training (Performance Management)
- Appraising Performance (Performance Management)
- Career Progression (Talent Management)
- Change Management (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Coaching & Mentoring (Training & Development)
- Communication (Employee Relations)
- Company Cars (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Competency Testing (Recruitment)
- Consultation (Employee Relations)
- Data Protection (Employment Law)
- Disciplinary Issues (Performance Management)
- Discipline & Grievances (Employment Law)
- Dismissal (Employment Law)
- Employee Handbook (HR Administration)
- Employee Intranet (HR Administration)
- Employee Surveys (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Employee Surveys (Employee Relations)
- Executive Search (Recruitment)
- Exit Interviews (Talent Management)
- Flexible Benefits (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Flexible Working (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Graduate Recruitment (Recruitment)
- Health & Fitness Benefits (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Health Insurance (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- HR Infrastructure (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Operations (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- HR Strategy (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Incentive Pay & Bonuses (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Induction Process (Recruitment)
- Induction Training (Training & Development)
- Interviewing (Recruitment)
- Investors in People (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Labour Turnover (HR Administration)
- Leadership Development (Training & Development)
- Long Term Incentives (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Managerial Development (Training & Development)
- Managing Difficult People (Performance Management)
- Maternity/Paternity Rights (Employment Law)
- Negotiation (Employee Relations - Trade Unions)
- Online Recruitment (Recruitment)
- Part Time Working (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Pay Structures (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Pensions (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- People Development (Training & Development)
- Performance Related Pay (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Personnel Records (HR Administration)
- Policies & Procedures (HR Administration)
- Private Sector (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Profit Sharing (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Progression Planning (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Progression Planning (Training & Development)
- Progression Planning (Talent Management)
- Psychometric Testing (Recruitment)
- Public Sector (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Recognition (Employee Relations - Trade Unions)
- Redundancy (Employment Law)
- Reference Checking (Recruitment)
- Salary Benchmarking (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Salary Surveys (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Staff Morale (Corporate/HR Strategy)
- Staff Morale (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Succession Planning (Training & Development)
- Temporary Employment (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Temporary Employment (Recruitment)
- Terms & Conditions (Employment Law)
- Trade Unions (Employee Relations)
- Tupe (Employment Law)
- Work/Life Balance (Employee Pay/Benefits)
- Working Time Regulations (Employment Law)