Freelance Copywriter and Marketing & Comms Specialist South Croydon, Surrey, UK
Copywriting, editing, proofing, working with stakeholders, interviewing, taking a brief for newsletters, research papers, case studies, websites, presentations, email, and technical papers
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£41.18 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£329.41 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I have written and produced marketing material (copywriting, editing, proofing, working with stakeholders, interviewing, taking a brief etc) for collateral including internal newsletters, research papers, case studies, event material (write ups and supplements), websites, email newsletters, speeches, presentations, email marketing, technical papers and case studies, invites, adverts, and advertorials. I've also interviewed people and written pieces from this.
I have worked with large multi / inter national coproations as well as small start ups. I have national and international experience in copywriting and communications across the engineering, construction, IT, telecommunications, and financial services industries as well as creative and design agencies.
I love words and writing. I want to help those who think they can write well, or those who know they can’t but try anyway, and show them the joy and beauty of what can be achieved beyond the jargon and complexity. I love talking to people and challenging them: getting to understand what they want to achieve rather than what they think they want to say. I like taking ideas and being creative with them.
(Sep 2010 to Apr 2011)
Marketing ManagerLondon, UK
Working as part of a small team, advised on and delivered all internal and external marketing and communications and branding activity across the organisation with budgetary responsibility of £500k.
• Management responsibility for developing and delivering a new website including briefing and managing design and technology agencies and writing all copy to provide a new site that was regarded as a leader in the market place and which would maximise leads, social media, and SEO capability.
• Key Account Management: responsible for providing strategic analytical research to manage key accounts. Working with BDMs and the group board across the organisation and delivering marketing activities to support initiatives.
• Development of new collateral to support marketing and telesales campaigns to targeted audiences including environmental case studies, brochures, direct mail campaigns both off and online
• Market research: working with an external agency to conduct nationwide market research for the organisation. This included briefing, sourcing databases, producing research questions and analysing results to ensure future targeted progress and growth for the company.
• Internal communications including the set-up of regular messages across the organisation and research to ensure the needs of the business were most effectively met and would reach all staff, the majority of which work away from head office.
(Jan 2007 to Sep 2010)
Communications ManagerLondon, UK
Spearhead all marketing and communications strategy and activities for Transport, and Energy, Resources and Industry Markets. Previously supported the Consulting and Infrastructure Sectors before organisational restructure. Work in collaboration with global executives across specialised market sectors. Accountable for developing and aligning marketing and communications plans with global and regional businesses and managing website content including new initiatives including media and press promotions,
whilst sustaining and delivering consistent online business presence.
• Structured and implemented complete brand redesign project for business website in partnership with management teams and website client committee to ensure consistency of content and establishing clear company vision, which resulted in online platform showcasing high-calibre corporate services across multiple business regions.
• Delivered critical marketing dossier and manifesto providing detailed analysis over 5 year period
for one internal new business sectors, Energy and Resources and Industry (ERI) following company-wide restructuring. The Dossier and Manifesto provided Senior Management with a significant business tool and resource to generate new business and increase brand positioning.
• Developed key strategic and focused campaign to overcome challenges of internal business section which was struggling to win new business and sustain existing clients, and involved deploying targeted communications and marketing strategy to overcome hurdles which resulted in generating new business, seeing repeat business from established customers and 10% increase of website requests.
(Jan 2006 to Dec 2006)
EMEA Marketing ManagerPurley, UK
Direct accountability for developing and producing marketing and sales material to support relationships with new and existing channel accounts, to increase sales and lead generation. Worked with partners on joint marketing activities to drive sales, brand awareness and market positioning. Held financial budget control of £100k.
• Initiated communications strategy of creating monthly newsletter to establish and sustain consistent communication flow with business partners, from process of undertaking feasibility study on current partners needs to developing proposal documentation which won approval of Senior Management team, which resulted in positive feedback and promotion of business and products from partners and enabled sale teams to more effectively follow up on partner and client enquiries.
• Launched marketing strategy with external agency at trade exhibition and also online to increase target database of customers and partners by devising competition promoting business and benefit realisation which resulted in expanding client database and the recruitment of 4 new partners.
• Implemented new brand positioning strategy deployed within UK market which included management of logo, collateral re-write, design and production which resulted in successful press and promotion campaign and generated savings for the business in not undertaking external agency
(Feb 2003 to Dec 2005)
Marketing ManagerPractiv, Guildford, UK
Spearhead development, implementation and management of marketing communications strategy including all internal and external communication, and worked with senior management in delivering strategic corporate marketing objectives with clear focus on brand awareness and lead generation. Held financial budget control of £750k.
• Secured high profile sponsorship deal at key awards event which created significant profiling amongst leading organisations within sector industry and positioned the business as key player with awareness amongst target audience. This resulted in a successful direct marketing campaign after the event which provided the sales team with a framework of establishing contact with key accounts.
• Organised strategic business event aimed at generating new business opportunities, sustaining established relationships and positively positioning the business within the industry sector, from sourcing database of key delegates to collating feedback and potential leads for sales team which resulted in generating new business worth £100k with the potential award of long-term contract.
• Provided fee-earning consultancy for two new business clients by developing an internal communications strategy and content for new system launch which significantly enhanced clients operational structure, and generated additional income of £50k for the business.
(Apr 2002 to Dec 2002)
Internal Communications CoordinatorVodafone, Berkshire
• Delivered on contract in developing internal communications plan and supporting infrastructure to underpin cultural and strategic change management within the business. Worked with internal communications teams in delivering corporate communications across all business sectors.
• Launched internal programme of events to raise staff awareness of new business product and generate feedback.
• Organised structural relocation event for staff, which encompassed welcome packs for new office, to providing tutorials and entertainment during lunch, which resulted in a streamlined and successful relocation.
(May 2000 to Dec 2001)
Marketing Communications ManagerHP, Berkshire
Direct accountability for coordinating all external marketing and communications activities for consulting division of the business, ensuring that HP brand effectively marketed within hp consulting.
• Launched Marketing Programmes to provide consistent corporate messages for both internal and external customers including Case Study, Opinion Piece Direct Mail and Annual Review recommendations.
• Established strategic partnership with Strategic Director and senior stakeholders in identifying key themes and establishing event management for series of internal and external events positioning HPC as thought leader on specific issues facing businesses and clients.
• Developed critical analysis of business objectives, goals and target audiences in developing and establishing key marketing communications strategy for HPC which resulted in consistent and relevant material for consultants in establishing key client relationship management.
(Sep 2000 to Jun 2002)
CIM Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing
(Sep 1995 to Jun 1996)
PGCE Secondary English
(Oct 1992 to Jun 1995)
English BA Hons: 2:1
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignments)
- Campaign Manager: I am looking to recruit a campaign manager on a contract basis for a period of 12 months. The person will be client facing and probably working up to 3 days on client site, managing a global internal communications campaign. Responsibilities include: client meetings, planning, scoping, creative liaison, managing implementation, scheduling etc.
- Marketing executive: Marketing executive required on a contract basis, 2-3 days per week, to carry out general marketing activities, including the production of high quality collateral, websites, sales campaigns, press releases, etc. Past experience of the software/IT industry would be an advantage.
- Deliver a workshop on Public / Media Relations Management: We require a specialist to deliver a workshop on Public / Media Relations Management to a group of senior officials from Africa. Training will be delivered in London. If intrested please email Hannah Cockill at email@example.com
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Branding & Brand Management (Marketing)
- Briefings (Events)
- Campaign Implementation (Campaign Management)
- Conferences (Events)
- e-Marketing (Marketing)
- Exhibitions (Events)
- Exhibitions & Conferences (Marketing)
- External Communications
- Internal Communications
- Presentation Delivery
- Presentation Preparation
- Seminars (Events)
- Strategy Development
- Surveys (Market Research)
- Annual Reports
- Business to Business (Writing)
- Business Writing (Writing)
- Copywriting (Writing)
- Creative Writing (Writing)
- IT & Internet (Writing)
- Marketing Copy (Writing)
- Newsletters (Writing)
- Promotional Material
- Proof Reading (Editing)
- Speeches (Writing)
- Web Content (Writing)
- Website Editing (Editing)
- White Papers/Reports (Writing)