Freelance Space Planner/ Furniture Designer Stafford, Staffordshire, UK
Experienced commercial Space Planner, Product Designer and 3D modeller with extensive skills in Autocad 2010, 3D Max, Excel, Word and photoshop.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£21.18 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£169.41 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Long time furniture industry professional with wide experience including Sales, Space Planning, Product Design, Project Management, and Installation Management (domestic and overseas). I have worked in all sizes of business from having my own company employing 3 people with a turnover of £1.5 million to major manufacturer employing over 120 staff and with a turnover of £25-30 million. I have experience of all market sectors including Blue Chip corporate, banking, PFI, Government departments, MoD, schools & universities etc. I can work from sketches, surveys, architects drawings and can survey floor plates quickly and accurately working alone or as part of a team. I have provided occupancy planning at strategic level and as part of churn/move management for a number of companies as part of my space planning role.
(Aug 2008 to Apr 2011)
Space Planner/Product DesignerBirmingham
Responsible for the space planning and product design function of the business, planning office space, both commercially and for occupancy purposes for a large and varied client portfolio that included:
900+ Occupants in 4 buildings for Severn Trent Water, Raynesway
1200+ Occupants in multiple buildings for MoD, Dorset
600+ Occupants on 16 sites for Defra, Nationwide
900+ Occupants in one building for LB Wandsworth
2000+ Occupants in one building for Associated News, Canary Wharf
300+ Occupants in one building for USAF, Lincolnshire
Designing desks, storage and bespoke installations for government and commercial users using AutoCAD 2008. Included within my remit are production drawings for the factory wood and metalwork shops and likewise for sub contractors to the business. My output included wood based panel, sheet metal drawings and 3D solid models for plastic injection moulding and metal castings purposes. I have also project managed the delivery and installation of office and accommodation furniture throughout the UK and Europe for government and MOD establishments. Project values range from £10K to £750K. My role encompassed all facets of project management including project costing, site management of all pertinent roles, full health and safety remit, risk assessments, timely coordination of factory output to site and successful installation of same to customer agreed time scales, liasing at all levels of client interface, preparing and agreeing time schedules and ensuring that the same are adhered to.
On the 26th April 2011, the business was liquidated due to ongoing cash flow problems.
(Sep 2004 to Oct 2006)
Continued developing furniture ranges and bespoke furniture providing detailed design drawings for the in-house manufacturing division. Also provided 3D models for Design and Presentation Department. Successfully introduced and implemented a lean manufacturing programme resulting in reduced stock holding, 35% waste reduction and a reduction in staffing levels.
In 2006 the company restructured and my position was made redundant.
(May 1997 to Sep 2004)
General ManagerSmiths Office Furniture Ltd, Stoke-on-Trent
Responsible for the day-to-day management of the business in conjunction with the owner and deputising in his absence.
Space planning, both commercially and for occupancy purposes for a broad spectrum of end users locally, nationally and internationally including:
1200+ Occupants in 5 locations for Caudwell Communications (Phones 4U)
3000+ Seats in 15+ locations in Europe and N.America for EasyInternetCafe
200+ Occupants in one building for Unilever Romania SA, Bucharest
Designed 3 full and distinct ranges of furniture, which the company sold direct to the public and also supplied to other dealers.
Produced manufacturers drawings using Autocad.
Worked closely with many blue chip companies designing
bespoke furniture solutions, including call centre desking
for the RAC, Vodafone and Caudwell Communications,
Easyinternet (part of the Easyjet Group) throughout the
world, control room furniture for Shell/ETAP, Unilever
Eastern European headquarters.
3D modelling using Autocad from 2D drawings.
CG animation using 3D Max.
Responsible for timely and accurate shipment of product by container to overseas projects and then taking responsibility for the installation and all personnel involved.
In 2004 Smiths Office Furniture was sold to Broadstock Office Furniture,
(Feb 1994 to May 1997)
Owner/DirectorPlanet Office Interiors Ltd, Wolverhampton
Commenced the business in 1994 with a partner. My role encompassed all aspects of running the business from cold calling through to final installation. Included within that remit were the following: -
· Achieving new business
· Establishing and managing supply chains
· Space planning, initially by hand then using Autocad from 1995
· Design of bespoke furniture items and arranging manufacture
· Installation of end product to customer specification
· Project management of turnkey refurbishment programmes
In 1997, the business was purchased by Smiths Office Furniture.
( 1980 to 1983)
Wulfrun C of FE
HND Electronics Engineering
( 1975 to 1980)
Wolverhampton Boys Grammar School
- Find Designers with Management skills in Stafford.
- Find Designers with Project skills in Stafford.
- Find Designers with Product skills in Stafford.
- Find Designers with Planning skills in Stafford.
- Find Designers with Product Design skills in Stafford.
- Find Designers with Installation skills in Stafford.
- Find Designers with Business skills in Stafford.
- Find Designers with Project Management skills in Stafford.
- Find Designers with Communications skills in Stafford.
- Find Designers with Design Management skills in Stafford.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- AutoCAD (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- AutoCAD LT (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- AutoCAD Qualified (Construction - Architecture - Education Level)
- CAD Technician (Construction - Architecture - Job Role)
- Commercial Offices (Construction - Architecture - Experience)
- Education Level (Construction - Architecture)
- Excel (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills - Microsoft)
- Microsoft (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills)
- Paper to CAD Conversion (Construction - Architecture - Experience)
- Planning (Construction - Architecture - Experience)
- Planning Consultant (Construction - Architecture - Job Role)
- Software Skills (Construction - Architecture)
- Word (Construction - Architecture - Software Skills - Microsoft)