Freelance Interim Manager - FE Education, Voluntary Sector Braintree, Essex, UK
An articulate, results-driven professional with over 20 years Management and Administration experience in the Education, Health and Media sectors.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£58.82 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£470.59 per day (ex. VAT)|
: Offers a discounted hourly rate to registered charities
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
I have successfully developed initiatives to promote the links between business and local communities. Introduced organisational change to more effectively achieve the business requirements. Demonstrated strong communication abilities, adept at organising business operations with a creative approach and solid computer literacy. A good team player and leader offering significant inter personal skills to any enterprise. Now seeking flexible positions in organisations where the Administration, Management and People skills will be used.
Skills & Achievements
• Has a strong organisation and leadership competency with a willingness to take on
responsibility. Developed successful teams within Colchester Institute FE and HE College, Newham College of FE, NHS Primary Care Trust and for the 2001 UK Census. Set up a new training centre, new programmes, mentoring initiatives and organised and managed events in a large BBC department.
• Displayed good communication skills from peers to Board level and developed networks
within organisations. A Complaints Convener and a mentor who gained experience with
working on committees and an NHS Trust Board as a Non Executive Director.
• Successfully led and turned around a failing college department in Newham College of FE. Addressed the staffing and morale issues by replacing staff unprepared to accept a new vision, recruiting new people and setting up a sports programmes curriculum area. Did the same in Colchester Institute by changing curriculum offer, restructuring staff roles for effectiveness and efficiency.
• An organised, results-driven administrator with financial acumen. Controlled the budget
for a department, led funding proposals and ensured that work was completed within set
targets. Experienced managing ESF funded projects. Understands LSC funding
requirement and able to establish profitable training programmes. Possesses computer
literacy with a solid secretarial background. At Colchester Institute, successfully controlled budget of £2million.
• Demonstrated strong inter personal skills in the workplace. Experienced in the liaison
role with businesses, organisations, government bodies, voluntary sector and students.
• Professionally trained in the management and administration of businesses, as well as people. In Colchester Institute effectively leading, managing and motivating staff of 33 and FE/HE student population in excess of 700.
Skills & Training
MS Office products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Visio. Computer literate with E-mail, Internet, in house systems and databases.
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Business Practitioner Programme. Raising profile of Regeneration Projects through Effective Public Relations, Opportunities Fund Round 2 Financial and Project Progress Reporting
Negotiation Skills; Interpersonal Skills; Recruitment: Selection/Appraisals. Total Quality Management: Process Improvement Skills. Managing People; Developing Manager; Finance for non-Finance Managers, Safer Recruitment in Education
(Sep 2008 to 2011)
Head of Centre
• Provided leadership, management and motivation for 33 Centre staff.
• Managed resources to achieve organisational aims
• Provided strategic guidance and leadership on curriculum matters directly related to the Centre for Health and Care
• Enhanced quality of customer services through continual raising of standards of service both within and external to the learning and teaching environments
• Proactively networked with external organisations in support of both curriculum development and collegiate activity.
• Managed budget of circa £2.2 mil and achieved financial targets
(Jan 2008 to Aug 2008)
Project Management Consultant
• Implemented and managed delivery of the Confident Leaders Development Programme (LDA funded community leadership programme) ensuring the project aims were achieved on time and to budget.
• Responsibility for monitoring, evaluating and quality assurance systems of the project.
• Managing contract between the training delivery partner and the charity.
• Established and implemented all project monitoring and evaluation systems.
• Devised and implemented an ongoing marketing/beneficiary recruitment plan
• Budgetary management and control and project report to funding organisation (LDA)
Recruited a Project Co-ordinator for the project and continued a mentoring role.
(Oct 2004 to Dec 2007)
Head of Learning Area- Health, Social Care, Sport & LeisureLondon
• Managed a department of ten lecturers, a student population in excess of 400 and shared administrative personnel.
• Proactively put in place data entry systems and processes for the recording, tracking and monitoring of students and their work. This had been a problem area.
• Introduced new programmes to the syllabus, identified the need for contemporary sports-related programmes in a sports-orientated department.
• Developed networking in the organisation to assist with liaising internally with other departments; this helped to achieve objectives.
• Connected staff with the faculty and college; Mission & Vision. Encouraged employees to take ownership of their role within a public body.
(Jul 2003 to Sep 2004)
Project ManagerNewham College of Further Education, London
• Headhunted by a recruitment agency due to business, health, and education experience.
• Set up and developed a new Centre for Professional Development. Created a vision and
strategy for the enterprise.
• Managed recruitment and staffing for the centre, implemented the operational processes.
• Established effective partnerships for the enterprise. Coordinated with internal and
external stakeholders plus local employers, organisations and education providers.
• Managed and controlled a significant budget, as well as the staffing resources.
Performed a lead role in the tender applications to secure project funding.
(Nov 2002 to Jun 2003)
Manager, (Mentoring Programmes)Newham Education Business Partnership, London
• Built links between businesses and local schools. Organised placements, introduced the
e-mentoring scheme via an on-line buddy system.
• Wrote proposals to gain funding from government initiatives such as NDfC (New Deals
for the Community) and SRB (Single Regeneration Budget).
• Liaised extensively with London businesses for their employees' time, organised events
to promote the programme.
• Successfully marketed the programme to new, prospective sponsoring companies.
(Oct 1998 to May 2002)
Business Manager / Assistant to Chief Operating OfficerBBC Network TV, London
• Led and coordinated department business planning process. Managed a team of admin staff and coordinated events for a department of 600 people. Attendees at meetings were typically around 200.
• Developed local community links in West London. Introduced projects that involved local
schools, people and the community in local and national events.
• Promoted the mentoring of young people by BBC employees. Became a mentor.
• Organised work experience for young students from schools, colleges and universities.
• Administered correspondence from the General Public on a variety of issues.
(1994 to 1998)
Assistant to Head of Post ProductionBBC Network TV, London
(1989 to 1994)
Assistant to Chief Personnel OfficerBBC Network TV, London
(1984 to 1989)
Executive AssistantInter Continental Hotels, Livingstone,Zambia
(1982 to 1984)
Project AssistantChristian Children's Fund, Lusaka, Zambia
MA in Education Leadership and Management (due to complete in July 2012)
BSc Social Sciences with Social Policy
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration
City & Guilds NVQ A1 Assessor and 7407 - Teacher Training Stage 1
Diploma in Secretarial Studies & Office Management - shorthand/typewriting
10 O Levels at Grades A-C
Sep 1999 - Mar 2007
Non-Executive Director on Board Newham NHS Primary Care Trust
• Board lead for key national targets; Patient and Public Involvement, The Fit for Purpose
exercise by the Department of Health commended work in this area. Chair of
Immunisation Steering Group. Oversees Trust's handling of patient complaints.
2007 School Governor – Local Secondary School
2007 Project Consultant – Confident Leaders Developing Communities’ leadership skills
Development Programme (LDA funded)
2001 Census District Manager 2001 Census in the UK