Freelance M&E Building Services Engineer Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK
Very experienced Building Services Engineer both contracting and client side. Equally experienced with Mechanical, Electrical, BMS, CHP, Generators and Building Systems inc. Fire, Security, Lifts.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£38.82 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£310.59 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
Very experienced Building Services Engineer having managed projects and maintenance both in the U.K. and overseas. Predominantly held executive management positions with responsibility of engineering department and answering to senior management and/or board of directors.
The combination of disciplines in electrical, mechanical and BMS has enabled me to successfully introduce new energy efficient technology into substantial public buildings along with data based asset management systems.
Have served the industry both with contractors and client side for substantial blue chip companies and public sector authorities. Majoring on hotels, hospitals, government buildings, schools, commercial office accommodation, water authorities and oil company terminals.
• General mechanical services
• Heating ventilation and air conditioning
• Heat pump technology
• Steam raising plant
• Combined heat and power
• Electrical services including low and high voltage
• Bespoke switchgear and panels
• Fire alarm systems
• Lighting systems standard and low energy planning and controlling,
• Building management systems and associated swithgear and panels
• Due diligence and compliance surveys
• Energy assessments and recommendations
• Risk assessments
• Computer based asset registers
• PPM scheduling and management
• Stand-by generation
(2010 to 2011)
Senior Electrical Mechanical Engineer
I was engaged as a freelance interim engineer via Hayes Recruitment for the London Borough of Harrow initially to carry out a condition report survey of all of the building services, numerous departures from standard regulations were found, with the building considerably out of compliance. My contract period was extended to design, specify and manage all of the remedial works. During this period I also carried out a substantial amount of energy reduction projects with the introduction of renewable energy source heat pumps, LED lighting and a major expansion of the existing Trend BMS system.
My second engagement of works was to head up the PPM section of the Council for their entire property portfolio (220 properties) and to put in place systems of cost and planned management for all of the building services throughout the borough and prepare the way for the systems to be integrated into a specialist FMX software system. During this period I was instrumental in introducing more carbon reductions initiatives in the main Civic Centre Complex.
(2008 to 2010)
Senior Project Engineer Manager
I was engaged in June 2008 by Acorn Integrated Systems Limited to both manage and carry out the day to day design engineering co-ordination works for a major new-build of two tower blocks for Bovis Lend Lease Construction. This was an extremely demanding project and is no the new corporate headquarters for Transport for London immediately adjacent to the O2 Dome at Greenwich Peninsular
(2007 to 2008)
Freelance Project Engineer
Carried out full survey of the old terminal building Luton airport and prepared a condition survey on building services, prior to negotiating with London Luton Airport Authority on terms of leasing the area. Prepared client requirement documentation for out to tender submission for M&E and public health installation in the old terminal building London Luton Airport, for Silverjet Airways. Provided full consultant supervision and valuation service through to completion. Have subsequently been recalled to carry out repeat exercise for Phase 3 works and works are due to be commenced later this year.
(2006 to 2007)
Freelance Project Engineer
Hired to oversee the completion of a 800-bedroom refurbishment and bringing the project up to quality standard for hand back to the client.
(2004 to 2006)
Director of Engineering
Specifically hired to put together design and budgets for complete refurbishment of guest bedrooms, and the integration of hotel into new build luxury apartments adjacent to hotel circa 230 million over 3 years. Successfully made board submission to owning company.
(2001 to 2004)
Engineering ManagerWaldorf Hilton Hotel London
I was engaged by Hilton Hotels and the Royal Bank of Scotland as client’s representative for major refurbishment of guest bedrooms and replacement of all major plant on behalf of joint clients and was responsible for 35 million pound spend
(1999 to 2001)
Engineering ManagerVictoria Park Plaza Hotel London
I successfully headed up the re-design and implementation of major building services installation to bring the hotel into compliance with building control and fire officer. (£400,000 spend) This was an extremely difficult project in an operational hotel, involving a complete re-installation of the fire and life safety systems, the complete air conditioning system and the BMS and IT systems throughout the hotel, all of which are now operating correctly and certified by the local authorities.
I was the nominated client’s representative for the Group’s new build hotel on the Albert Embankment (700 bed, 4-Star plus with major function facilities) My duties required me to carry out a major review of the building services design, which was found to be inappropriate. I was required to take over the duties of the external consultant engineers and provide a re-design of all the major services to enable the site to function and keep up to programme. The project building services cost was £15 million sterling of which I was required to carry out monthly valuations and certify the payment. I was successful in opening the hotels on time and within the budget that was set and agreed with the client.
• South East London Technical College, Electrical Engineering HND.
• South Bank Polytechnic (Refrigeration)
• Brunel University Building Services Engineering
• Thorn EMI Lighting Design Engineering Course
• Phillips Lighting Engineering Course
• Contract Law, Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution
• Volvo, Stamford Generator Engineering Course
• Trend Controls Design and Engineering 962
• Sea change Controls Engineering Remote Monitoring
• Calorex Heat Pump Technology
• C.H.P. Design & Application Engineering Course
Categories & Freelance Skills
- £10m to £50m (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience - Project Size)
- Building Projects (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Building Surveys (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- CEng (Engineering - Education Level)
- CIBSE (Engineering - Education Level)
- Commissioning (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Contract Administration (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Contracts Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Corporate Responsibilities (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Education Level (Engineering)
- Excel (Engineering - Software Skills - Microsoft)
- Facilities Management (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Fire Safety Systems (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- French (Engineering - Languages)
- HND Qualified (Engineering - Education Level)
- Hotel (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Languages (Engineering)
- Maintenance & Overhauls (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Maintenance Project Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Mechanical Building Services Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Mechanical Project Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Microsoft (Engineering - Software Skills)
- Principal Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Procurement/Buying (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Project (Engineering - Software Skills - Microsoft)
- Project Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Project Management (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Project Manager (Engineering - Job Role)
- Project Size (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Risk Assessments (Construction - Building & Construction - Experience)
- Security Clearance (Engineering)
- Senior Project Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Software Skills (Engineering)
- Systems Engineer (Engineering - Job Role)
- Word (Engineering - Software Skills - Microsoft)
- 50 Plus (Project Consultancy - Staff (numbers))
- Project Management (Project Consultancy)
- Public Sector (Project Consultancy)
- Staff (numbers) (Project Consultancy)
- Training (Project Consultancy)