Freelance Events Manager South Croydon, Surrey, UK
I am an experienced Events Professional. I have a strong track record of delivering events across the UK and internationally over 15 years.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£29.41 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£235.29 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
A quick learner, and easily adaptable, I am a warm, persuasive communicator. My experience ranges from a hands-on operational background to strategic planning. Having lived in London for over 15 years, I have excellent knowledge of the city, especially Event, hospitality and catering venues as well as the transport system.
Conference and Events ManagerAscot
• Responsible for all non race day business which included conferences, art fairs, wedding, product launches to name a few
• I was responsible for a budget of 2.2 million
• One of my major achievements was to oversee the organising and running of the Coke Cola new product launce which was worth £170k gross margin.
• Managed and nurtured relationships with the Queens reprehensive and race course officials
• Managed a team of 30 full time staff and up to 300 casuals
• On race days responsible for running the pavilion restaurant catering for over 1000 per day
(Nov 2011 to Feb 2012)
Event ConsultantStatford London
In order to deliver the ODA spectator bus and coach transport, providing almost 1 million passenger journeys at Games-time, it is necessary for the ODA to develop and manage a substantial array of infrastructure and work place assets at and around venues, at transports hubs and other locations
• Food & Beverage
o Assure the delivery partners organise themselves for Games time operational staff
o Deliver a canteen facility for Barking
• Personal protective equipment
o Ensure all ODA staff are equipped with the appropriate PPE for their operations
o Ensure all staff (ODA and delivery partners ) have appropriate accreditation for their area of operations working through the existing ODA channels and with LOCOG as appropriate
• Facility management
o Engaging with the appropriate facilities management teams at Barking . Stratford, and other locations to ensure smooth functioning of DMT team with these locations
• IT and Comms for the team at Stratford, Barking and all remote sites and workers
o Specify, assure, deliver, maintain, stand down
(Nov 2010 to Nov 2011)
Delegate logistics ManagerLondon
The world’s largest skills Competition, WorldSkills London 2011, Took place in ExCeL London and The O2 in October 2011, it was the largest event London will host prior to the Olympic and Paralympics Games in 2012 as well as the largest event ever held at ExCeL London. Over 3,000 international delegates will attend from 53 member countries and 190,000 visitors attend across the four days of the event.
• Currently responsible for an expenditure budget of £8 million (£4.5million Accommodation, £2.2 million catering, £800k Accreditation, £500k Preparation Events)
• Deliver and budget for serving 900000 meals during the tenancy at ExCeL London for delegates, volunteers and staff.
• Creating a clear plan to design catering floor plans, and contracting off site caterers for Ceremony and Excursion days
• 29,000 room nights booked across 20 hotels from Docklands right through to Westminster,
• Daily liaison with our accommodation agent to ensure all attrition clauses are met, bedrooms allocations are adjusted in relation to demand
• Plan and manage accreditation centre and offsite distribution; and develop passes with all necessary access privileges and security features
(Feb 2006 to Oct 2010)
To provide direction and inspiration for the team within the London recruitment operations and create an environment which will accelerate profit growth. Recruit, retain and develop the best people to provide excellent service to clients. I managed and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions. Oversaw overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
• Using my existing network of industry contacts to generate new business Leading and training other members of the account team
• Took an active role in conducting strategic account reviews with all assigned customers on a regular basis to review service needs and usage trends. Identify products and pricing that meet customer needs and business objectives.
• Successfully developed relationships with key users and provided Product Marketing team with customer feedback on product improvements.
• Designed, planned and delivered a customer care process for front line staff, contributing to a 10% improvement in “return” customer ordering
• Provided advice on the full range of industrial relation issues and legislative requirements on health & safety matters to Directors and ensured that links were maintained between management and the Directors
• Monthly liaison with the payroll department to ensure that all changes to starters and ex-employees are flagged up.
• Conducting pre-employment vetting checks such as CRB, qualification verification and rights to work within the UK
• Managed a team of 25 consultants on five different skills desks with in my employment in recruitment
(Aug 2004 to Feb 2006)
Senior Special Events ManagerLondon
I produced detailed proposals for events, timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets. Liaise with clients to ascertain their precise event requirements ensuring that the agreed budget is managed, this would also include ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to. Coordinating venue management, caterers, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire. This would also involve organising facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, First Aid, hospitality planning room layouts and coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings.
• Managed for running special events ranging from 7 (private butler style fine dining) to 10000
• Responsible for all elements of the event from the first site visit thought to the invoice being sent. This also included the budget for the events as well.
• Some of the key events I was responsible for, Life 8 Hyde Park, Carter day at Guards polo, Paris air show, youth World cup in Manchester as well as Setting up and running events for several government officials and Royalty including Tony Blair and H.R.H the Queen.
• CRB and Home Office clearances
(This Candidate has recently been shortlisted or contracted for the following people4 assignment)
- Events Organiser: Our client is looking for an Events Organiser to help assist with the Summer party on June 22nd 2012. The client will need assistance from start to finish including a few of the following: -Location -Travel -Catering -Activities -Theme The client wants to have phone interviews by the end of Wednesday (25th Jan) so please apply for more details.