Freelance Chartered Quantity Surveyor Blackburn, Lancashire, UK
A chartered quantity surveyor with 28 years experience in commercial cost reporting at a senior management level, and in dispute avoidance/resolution procedures.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:||£47.06 per hour (ex. VAT)|
|Daily Rate / Cost:||£376.47 per day (ex. VAT)|
|: Freelancer has their own limited company|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
(Mar 2007 & ongoing)
(Sep 2004 to Mar 2007)
Divisional Financial ManagerManchester
(Feb 2003 to Sep 2004)
Managing SurveyorHBG Construction Ltd - North West, Manchester
(Feb 2002 to Jan 2003)
Senior Quantity Surveyor.Hurstwood Developments Ltd, Rawtenstall.
(Aug 1999 to Feb 2002)
Contracts SurveyorTolent Construction Ltd, Manchester
(Jan 1995 to Aug 1999)
Senior Quantity SurveyorEric Wright Construction Ltd, Preston
(Mar 1994 to Dec 1994)
Quantity SurveyorGraeme Reed Design Contracts Ltd, Ormskirk
(Mar 1984 to Mar 1994)
Quantity SurveyorRawlings Construction Limited, Blackburn
Professional member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS).
Incorporate member of the Chartered Institute of Building (ICIOB).
(Aug 1989 to Jun 1992)
The University of Salford
BSc in Quantity Surveying
(Aug 1987 to Jul 1989)
HNC in Building Studies
(Aug 1984 to Jul 1987)
ONC in Building Studies
March 2007 to date: DIRECTOR: Chartered Surveyors.
• Building 430 extension, Samlesbury Aerodrome, BAE Systems Ltd – Working within the commercial team managing client changes to the scope of works.
• Preparation of Referral and Response documentation for adjudication proceedings regarding compliance with payment procedures of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996, amended 2009.
• Preparation and agreement of extension of time entitlement documents.
• Preparation and agreement of loss and expense entitlement documents.
• Preparation of commercial documents and attendance at mediation hearings.
• Preparation of builder’s quantities for tender pricing purposes.
• Quantity Surveying and commercial management functions for local contractors and sub-contractors.
September 2004 to March 2007: DIVISIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGER: ISG Plc.
• To ensure best practice and continuous improvement in the divisional financial performance.
• To provide financial management information to the regional board of directors.
• To provide support, monitoring, advice and guidance to financial management staff.
• To deliver quality, risk managed and timely commercial closure of all projects.
• To provide a positive contribution to work winning through commercial risk analysis, relationship development etc.
• To co-ordinate the handover of projects from estimating to project teams, identifying and communicating risk, establishing procurement strategy and commercial targets and bonus incentives.
• To manage project staff to ensure accurate, quality and timely internal and external project financial reporting to deadlines.
• To manage client expectations and avoid end of project “surprises.”
• To manage and forecast cash flow and profit forecasts for the business unit.
• To identify, manage and control financial work in progress risks.
• To manage cash flow and avoid late payments from clients.
• To identify and provide proactive project and technical support where appropriate.
• To assist and advise on technical issues e.g. procurement, contracts, final accounts and dispute resolution, relationship issues, reporting procedures etc.
• To troubleshoot where necessary.
• To provide commercial information for the preparation of board reports.
• To assist with the planning, management and recruitment of financial management staff.
• To develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and professional teams
February 2003 to September 2004: MANAGING SURVEYOR: HBG Construction Ltd – North West.
• To provide management and commercial leadership for a variety of new and existing projects within the Lancashire and Cumbria area reporting to the regional commercial director.
February 2002 to January 2003: SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR: Hurstwood Developments Ltd
• A wide and varied role drawing upon quantity surveying, estimating, project management and inter personal skills.
August 1999 to February 2002: CONTRACTS SURVEYOR: Tolent Construction Ltd.
• A national building contractor turning over approx. £150m from its four regional offices were seeking to develop its market position in the North West. We opened the Manchester office in 1999 where after an initial period I assumed responsibility for all commercial & quantity surveying reporting to the regional manager.
January 1995 to August 1999: SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR: Eric Wright Construction Ltd.
• Site based senior quantity surveyor responsible for all commercial activity on site reporting to the commercial director.
March 1994 to December 1994: QUANTITY SURVEYOR: Graeme Reed Design Contracts Ltd.
• Working nationally on a variety of leisure projects.
March 1984 to March 1994: QUANTITY SURVEYOR: Rawlings Construction Ltd.
• Worked initially as an office based assistant quantity surveyor up to being the site based project quantity surveyor on a £15m contract housing scheme for St Helens Council.
Categories & Freelance Skills
- Bid Manager (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Bill of Quantities Technician (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Claims/Disputes Surveyor (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Commercial Director (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Commercial Manager (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Construction Manager (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Estimator (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Managing Surveyor (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Proposals Bid Manager (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Quantity Surveying Director (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Quantity Surveyor (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Senior Estimator (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Senior Quantity Surveyor (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)
- Sub-Contract Buyer (Construction - Building & Construction - Job Role)