3D Designer Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, UK
Creative and versatile with multi-discipline design experience, including Public Space Design, Rapid-Prototyping and Product Design.
|Hourly Rate / Cost:|
About QR Codes
people4 is the first employment business to generate QR codes.
Now users with a smart-phone scanning app can store this information - including job title, brief description and a link to this page - to use when ready to shortlist or set up a contract.
For more information, see the wikipedia article on QR Codes
CV (Curriculum Vitae) / Résumé
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Freehand sketching
• BS EN1176 Safety Standards
• Aesthetic appreciation/eye for detail
• 3D model making/rapid prototyping
• 3D landscaping and scene visualisation
• Photography & Digital Editing
• Mac & PC literate
• Cinema 4D
• 3DS Max
• Microsoft office
(Sep 2006 & ongoing)
Responsible for the layout design of playgrounds and design of customised products.
• Using site survey sketches to design 2D plan layouts for playgrounds using AutoCAD™ and produce elevations where required
• Producing accurate installation plans
• Creation of special play units using the company’s bespoke Lapp-CAD software
• Adherence to CAD standards and updating of block libraries
• Ensuring that all designs are compliant with BS EN1176 safety standards
• Creation of 3D photo realistic renders/images from AutoCAD drawings using Cinema 4D™ software
• Using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to create presentations and photomontages
• Designing and creating leaflets, adverts, posters and other marketing materials when required
• Updating and maintenance of photo libraries and Illustrator templates.
• Trained in the use of AutoCAD™ and Cinema 4D™
• Attained high standard of design; rivaling larger competitors with greater resources
• Trained to industry standards in playground design and BSEN1176 safety standards.
• Installation of my playground designs across the U.K. - Key sites include:
Telford & Wreakin Council – Telford Town Park
Ceredigion County Council – Aberystwyth Castle
Fingal County Council – Newbridge Play Area.
(Jun 2003 to Nov 2005)
ASSISTANT DESIGNERCovent Graden, London
Responsible for the creation and completion of seasonal product ranges.
• Designing season specific footwear for all genders and regions
• Responding to briefs & Initiating concepts
• Liaising with in-house and overseas developers
• Research and presentation of relevant trends for each season
• Travel to trend directional cities for trend research/inspiration.
• Completion of children’s collection for A/W ‘06 season
• Bulk manufacture of men’s and ladies styles for A/W ’05 season
• Practical and commercial experience gained from designing for one of the world’s top 100 brands.
(Oct 2001 to May 2003)
RAPID PROTOTYPE MODEL MAKERAirwair International Ltd, Wollaston, Northants
Ran the rapid prototyping section of the Engineering department on a day to day basis.
• Utilization of FreeForm ™ 3D CAD for creation of virtual reality footwear components.
• Operation of Z-Corp ™ 3D printer for realization of virtual reality models.
• Management of consumables and software for rapid prototyping machine and modeling package.
• Maintenance of rapid prototyping machinery.
• Optimization of prototyping system to rival that of traditional model maker with 30 years experience.
• Promotion to design.
(Sep 2000 to Sep 2001)
ART-WORKERR. Griggs & Co, Irthlingborough, Northants
Assisted Design Team in the completion of seasonal footwear ranges.
• Provision of colour graphic artwork of footwear products for Design/Marketing product line reviews.
• Arrangement and compilation of trend presentation boards.
• Raised level of expertise in Photoshop to industry standard
• Promoted to run Rapid Prototyping section.
(Sep 2001 to Jun 2003)
As Level Photography
City & Guilds Footwear Manufacture.
(Sep 1996 to Jun 2000)
• BTEC Fashion Design
Completed the 2-year course in 13 months, as part of the governments “New Deal” program.
(Work placement - Tailor, Samuel’s The Tailors, Wellingborough).
• GNVQ Art & Design
• CENTRA Art & Life Studies
Production Director, Naturally Crafty, Boston (Young Enterprise Company).
Presented with Boston Area “Best Product” award.
(Work placement - Desk-top Publisher, East Lindsey District Council).
(Sep 1991 to Jun 1996)
Tennyson High School
• 4GCSE’s @ grade C and above including English and Science.
(Work placement – Graphic Designer, High-Lite Signs Ltd, Louth).